Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Was this Selina’s last “Who’s Who?” Style entry?

I don’t even remember seeing the other grey costume one. This Brian Stelfreeze one, I do.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-12-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as I can recall Catwoman did not know Batman's identity at all during the New 52, although I think it was an unused idea during Winnick's run that she would've realized it after kissing both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

She was inexplicably close to Bruce Wayne during the Valentine/Tieri runs, but they never really expanded on that.
    Thanks, I haven't read alot of the N52 Catwoman appearances, but I have been going back and reading a bunch of Pre-N52 stories, including the big ones like Hush and the like, so I was curious how much of their experience & interactions was carried over into N52.

I know King has been especially referencing alot of pre-N52 & pre-Crisis events and playing around with their relationship, down to both remembering the different origin stories, so I'm curious if that will end up going anywhere important, or if its just being used thematically to symbolize their relationship through the ages.

Spectacular Member

I liked Selina on Justice League of America. It just need better writing and they shouldn't have rushed with the writing and putting them in so many crossovers they mostly focused on stargirl and I get it since geoff johns was writing the book but I feel like the team had potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Was this Selina’s last “Who’s Who?” Style entry?
    I believe that one was from Batman Villains Secret Files in 1998.

Since then, we've also had:

from Catwoman Secret Files and Origins #1 (2002)

from Batman Allies Secret Files and Origins (2005)

Not sure what else there may have been.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I believe that one was from Batman Villains Secret Files in 1998.

Since then, we've also had:

from Catwoman Secret Files and Origins #1 (2002)

from Batman Allies Secret Files and Origins (2005)

Not sure what else there may have been.
    I love "Classy Independent Woman" as her occupation .

BANNED

Nrama: And I think that’s very similar to some of your other works, where you show these successful domestic partnerships – at least things where the concept of “It’s you and I against the world” makes more sense than, “Here are a lot of melodramatic obstacles coming between us.” You genuinely understand why Scott and Barda are together, and what bonds them.

King: Ah man, that’s true with Mister Miracle, but I’m also the guy who’s infamous for not letting Batman and Catwoman find their happy ending yet, so… [Laughs] I can’t say that I haven’t gone to the melodramatic pull-the-rug-out-from-under-you place yet in my work
    https://www.newsarama.com/43904-what...r-miracle.html

BANNED

And from Rebirth surpremo Geoff Johns...another potential future for Bruce and Selina

“The Last Crime in Gotham” by Geoff Johns and Kelley Jones

Superstar writer Geoff Johns and famed artist Kelley Jones tell a future story where the future family of Batman and Catwoman face off in a battle with the family of The Joker and Harley Quinn.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...ve-comics-1000

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

20190222_121533.jpg

Jim Lee drew the perfect picture of the Silver Age Batman & Catwoman as a retailer variant of 'Detective Comics' #1000!

It took many years for me to appreciate Catwoman's Silver Age look because the first Catwomen I had ever seen as a kid was Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer. For Catwoman to wear a dress with a green cape made no sense to me. For her to wear anything other than a sleek catsuit made no sense to me. But eventually I did my research and came to realize the Silver Age Catwoman was a very different woman than the Modern Age (90s) Catwoman.
    The 90s Catwoman is my favorite by far - up until the point Devin Grayson and Jim Balent decided to cut her hair short and add whiskers & a tail to her costume. Her attractiveness continued to go downhill from there until Joelle Jones designed her new costume last year. I'm very thankful for Jones making Catwoman so beautiful and getting rid of Catwoman's old goggles.

I hated the Darwyn Cooke & Ed Brubaker design. The goggles were ugly, and the catsuit is a copy of both Black Widow's and Emma Peele's iconic catsuits. The large, loose-fitting, heavyweight work boots she wore were also unflattering and an illogical choice to me. She no longer looked quick, nimble, and feline; but rather insect-like and weighed down.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    It took many years for me to appreciate Catwoman's Silver Age look because the first Catwomen I had ever seen as a kid was Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer. For Catwoman to wear a dress with a green cape made no sense to me. For her to wear anything other than a sleek catsuit made no sense to me. But eventually I did my research and came to realize the Silver Age Catwoman was a very different woman than the Modern Age (90s) Catwoman.
    The 90s Catwoman is my favorite by far - up until the point Devin Grayson and Jim Balent decided to cut her hair short and add whiskers & a tail to her costume. Her attractiveness continued to go downhill from there until Joelle Jones designed her new costume last year. I'm very thankful for Jones making Catwoman so beautiful and getting rid of Catwoman's old goggles.
    Totally agree!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    I hated the Darwyn Cooke & Ed Brubaker design. The goggles were ugly, and the catsuit is a copy of both Black Widow's and Emma Peele's iconic catsuits. The large, loose-fitting, heavyweight work boots she wore were also unflattering and an illogical choice to me. She no longer looked quick, nimble, and feline; but rather insect-like and weighed down.
    Hated those damn goggles and that ridiculous cowl that we were supposed to believe came out of some aviation gear box containing cat ears. It always looked a mess. She was never even using the goggles. Maybe once or twice for infrared purposes. They then just became stationary. It was just redundant. Joelle has streamlined her and gotten her back into style. She wasn't the first artist that wanted a revamp and ditch the goggles. Guillem March (Gotham City Sirens) wanted them gone, too. Thank god DC finally woke up. It might have been the longest Selina went without an overhaul and her popularity and profile took a nosedive in the comic book industry accordingly. She no longer stood out.
    Last edited by tbgo; 02-22-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Screenshot_20190204-005147_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Beautiful new cover for this month's Catwoman available now!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    Hated those damn goggles and that ridiculous cowl that we were supposed to believe came out of some aviation gear box containing cat ears. It always looked a mess. She was never even using the goggles. Maybe once or twice for infrared purposes. They then just became stationary. It was just redundant. Joelle has streamlined her and gotten her back into style. She wasn't the first artist that wanted a revamp and ditch the goggles. Guillem March (Gotham City Sirens) wanted them gone, too. Thank god DC finally woke up. It might have been the longest Selina went without an overhaul and her popularity and profile took a nosedive in the comic book industry accordingly. She no longer stood out.
    Catwoman popularity did not nosedive because of Cooke design. She was like the most cosplayed female character and was bigger than ever.

Lmao exaggeration much?

To me, there are two really great Catwoman costumes: Cooke's original one (that sadly was mishandled by later artists by opening her zipper, losing the belt buckle, and exaggerating the goggles) and the original Golden Age one, which carried more than a bit of high-class mysteriousness with it.

Jones is OK, but it lacks the details from Cooke's costume that makes it interesting. (I also have trouble with the highly glossy colouring that Jones is using. It looks artificial and out of place to me.)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])