Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Catwoman popularity did not nosedive because of Cooke design. She was like the most cosplayed female character and was bigger than ever.

Lmao exaggeration much?
    tbgo isn't exaggerating. Despite the superb writing & storytelling, the sales of that volume quickly plummeted only a few issues into the series. Conversely, the previous volume - despite being criticized for being overly sexualized - maintained its strength in sales for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    . . . and the original Golden Age one, which carried more than a bit of high-class mysteriousness with it.
    Uh, when you say "original Golden Age one", you do realize she didn't have a costume originally, then she went through some variations that maybe would have fit on The Masked Singer before settling on the purple-with-green-cape one?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uh, when you say "original Golden Age one", you do realize she didn't have a costume originally, then she went through some variations that maybe would have fit on The Masked Singer before settling on the purple-with-green-cape one?
    Heh! Indeed, I was thinking of the purple dress with green cape. Seriously unsuitable for any thief, but it had style enough to make up for it.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Heh! Indeed, I was thinking of the purple dress with green cape. Seriously unsuitable for any thief, but it had style enough to make up for it.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

20190223_074225.jpg

The cover for issue 11 is dazzling & intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    20190223_074225.jpg

The cover for issue 11 is dazzling & intense.
    Joelle Jones was born to draw Catwoman .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Joelle Jones was born to draw Catwoman .
    Seconded...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Seconded...
    thirded
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Anyone know why the steep drop in Catwoman comic books sales. For December Catwoman #6 was in 28th place but for January Catwoman #7 is down to 52nd place. Why are people losing interest in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Anyone know why the steep drop in Catwoman comic books sales. For December Catwoman #6 was in 28th place but for January Catwoman #7 is down to 52nd place. Why are people losing interest in the book?
    Is it definitely "people losing interest in this book"?

Issue #6 was the end of an arc, wasn't it? People may not have wanted to continue buying it after that arc, or maybe they'll switch and trade-wait future arcs, or maybe they'll switch to digital vs. paper, or maybe comic book shops decided they don't want to or can't afford to order as many copies as they had been getting (especially if this series doesn't look like it will tie into King's Batman again any time soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    A lot of people don't like that the story's not going anywhere.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A lot of people don't like that the story's not going anywhere.
    I also think Jones no longer drawing the issues might be a big turn off too, especially since one of the major appeals from the beginning was that she was doing both. She might not be able to handle writing & drawing a monthly book consistently, or has another project planned (DC1000 and one of the Knightmares I believe are the only other ones we know about so far)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I also think Jones no longer drawing the issues might be a big turn off too, especially since one of the major appeals from the beginning was that she was doing both. She might not be able to handle writing & drawing a monthly book consistently, or has another project planned (DC1000 and one of the Knightmares I believe are the only other ones we know about so far)
    Don't forget the Swamp Thing stuff she's drawing for the Walmart book.

Whatever the case, it's clear that a combination of factors - writing, art shift, tie-ins (or lack thereof) is sadly losing readers.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Don't forget the Swamp Thing stuff she's drawing for the Walmart book.

Whatever the case, it's clear that a combination of factors - writing, art shift, tie-ins (or lack thereof) is sadly losing readers.
    Ah that's right, knew I was forgetting something. So that could easily be the case.

I know for me personally, I've got issues 2-6 saved on my pull list, but I still haven't decided if I want to commit to the whole series yet, just because I don't know how long it's planning to go till, especially if it is gonna be 13-24 issues of just spinning its wheels.

You can see Selina's civilian identity from the new DC Super Hero Girls series on the middle of the bottom row on the left side of this image:

(Some Eartha Kitt vibes? Maybe?)