Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The Question interrogates Selina about leaving Bruce in this week's Batman (or is he interrogating the version of Selina in Bruce's head?)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...helli-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's the most annoying part of this: much as I dislike King's writing, to me the blame for the biggest part of that fiasco falls not on King but on the way DC "over-sold" the idea that it would actually be happening!
    King lied though. He basically said it had gotten cliche that Batman always ends up sad so he was going to shake things up by making Batman happy because no one had ever done that before
    so it would be something interesting to explore. And then he makes Batman sad, just like in every other Batman story.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The Question interrogates Selina about leaving Bruce in this week's Batman (or is he interrogating the version of Selina in Bruce's head?)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...helli-preview/
    Selina's really getting her "Film Noir Femme Fatale" on there.

Also, I like the art, but Fornes doesn't draw her prototype Catwoman costume as well as Weeks did.

BANNED

Seems we're getting somewhere with this Knightmares arc...spoilers:
    Question's gotten dreamscape Selina to admit she lied in her note, makes you think Bruce is now considering her to be a wilful part of the conspiracy to weaken him, which might just be what Bane wants him to think
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Seems we're getting somewhere with this Knightmares arc...spoilers:
    Question's gotten dreamscape Selina to admit she lied in her note, makes you think Bruce is now considering her to be a wilful part of the conspiracy to weaken him, which might just be what Bane wants him to think
    end of spoilers
    Interesting - I don't think that's the direction it's going to go. I think it's likely more along the lines of her being afraid. Otherwise we're probably getting Hush 2.0, which would make me very sad.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Interesting - I don't think that's the direction it's going to go. I think it's likely more along the lines of her being afraid. Otherwise we're probably getting Hush 2.0, which would make me very sad.
    That too...I was just arguing it may be what Bruce is possibly considering that due to his current state, her fans like you and I will have a different perspective, and it is likely a commitment issue.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I'm saddened at the apparent drop in Catwoman's sales. I have to admit, though, I'm not surprised. The story is unfortnately not the most interesting one. I love Joelle Jones's new costume design and artwork. I also like Blanco's and Cassagrande's artwork. But Joelle's writing (forgive me) leaves a lot to be desired. I think Joelle should stick with the artwork and have a more innovative writer come in.
    This book needs more information in each issue. More depth, schematics, and surprising plot twists. We should have already learned more about Selina's housemates and have had more developments with Maggie. Raina Creel, as the series' "Lex Luthor" (quoting Joelle), is not that big of a threat to The Catwoman. Selina has gotten one or two over Lex Luthor himself, and has overcome much bigger challenges than anything Raina can throw at her. But in this series, the great Catwoman has been struggling to deal with Raina, and her strengths have not been displayed very well. She has been taking a lot of hits from a lot of novices. She was even knocked out of a window by an elderly woman hopped up on drugs. I realize Selina hasn't slept in weeks over leaving Bruce. But come on, Bruce has been violently beating up arch-villans, while Selina is getting kicked around by geriatrics.
    I hope it's not too late to give this series the boost it needs to be successful. I hope things speed up and turn for the better. This story doesn't have to move slowly just because 'Batman' is. 'Catwoman' can move at its own pace and have major developments just as 'Robin', 'Batwoman', and 'Nightwing' have for years - no matter what happens in other Batman titles.
    Here's hoping 'Catwoman' will pick up, improve, and be successful.

Default Catwoman #9 artgerm foil eccc variant

They've had some beautiful variants from Stanley Lau on this run so far

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...-eccc-variant/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    I'm saddened at the apparent drop in Catwoman's sales. I have to admit, though, I'm not surprised. The story is unfortnately not the most interesting one. I love Joelle Jones's new costume design and artwork. I also like Blanco's and Cassagrande's artwork. But Joelle's writing (forgive me) leaves a lot to be desired. I think Joelle should stick with the artwork and have a more innovative writer come in.
    This book needs more information in each issue. More depth, schematics, and surprising plot twists. We should have already learned more about Selina's housemates and have had more developments with Maggie. Raina Creel, as the series' "Lex Luthor" (quoting Joelle), is not that big of a threat to The Catwoman. Selina has gotten one or two over Lex Luthor himself, and has overcome much bigger challenges than anything Raina can throw at her. But in this series, the great Catwoman has been struggling to deal with Raina, and her strengths have not been displayed very well. She has been taking a lot of hits from a lot of novices. She was even knocked out of a window by an elderly woman hopped up on drugs. I realize Selina hasn't slept in weeks over leaving Bruce. But come on, Bruce has been violently beating up arch-villans, while Selina is getting kicked around by geriatrics.
    I hope it's not too late to give this series the boost it needs to be successful. I hope things speed up and turn for the better. This story doesn't have to move slowly just because 'Batman' is. 'Catwoman' can move at its own pace and have major developments just as 'Robin', 'Batwoman', and 'Nightwing' have for years - no matter what happens in other Batman titles.
    Here's hoping 'Catwoman' will pick up, improve, and be successful.
    Gotta bring back the purple slit skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Gotta bring back the purple slit skirt.
    If nothing else the green cape with a purple body suit. Not sure why they scrapped the purple body suit from the first series. Black is so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If nothing else the green cape with a purple body suit. Not sure why they scrapped the purple body suit from the first series. Black is so boring.
    But it's better than a green body suit.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with this look, either.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But it's better than a green body suit.
    At least the green suit added a bit of color. It not a bad suit. It just isn't Catwoman. There is nothing about it that says Cat.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with this look, either.
    The blue suit was horrible. And again nothing about it that says Cat. With the purple dress she had a cowl with cat ears.

At least the green suit added a bit of color. It not a bad suit. It just isn't Catwoman. There is nothing about it that says Cat.
    Well, the mask sort of did.

The blue suit was horrible.
    Agreed.
    And again nothing about it that says Cat. With the purple dress she had a cowl with cat ears.
    With the blue outfit she did have a tail (for some reason . . . )

BANNED

Bendis appears to 'ship Bruce and Selina

Purple outfit too.

Really enjoyed today’s Catwoman . Just a fun old-fashioned caper issue. Really liked John Timms’ art.

Kind of agree that I’d prefer Jones art with King’s writing when Selina returns to Batman proper. It’d be fun just to have a caper series for her like today’s issue as well. This seemed like a great creative team for such a book.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers