Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Jessica Jones Appreciation 2019

Happy 2019, Jessica Jones fans! We have at least two big things to look forward to this year - the second "season" of her digital first comic by Kelly Thompson, and the third season of her Netflix show starring Krysten Ritter!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

Happy 2019, Jessica Jones fans! We have at least two big things to look forward to this year - the second "season" of her digital first comic by Kelly Thompson, and the third season of her Netflix show starring Krysten Ritter!
    God that pic of Purple Danielle is creepy as hell.`

"Purple Daughter" is out today, anyone check it out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    "Purple Daughter" is out today, anyone check it out yet?
    Oooh, thanks for reminding me! Haven't checked it out yet.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Fantastic Member

Yep It's pretty good.
    wasn't expecting them to show up here

Also despite being knock out,

almost being drowned,

and being thrown into the concrete

Kara Killgrave didn't hold any ill-will towards Jessica and has a talk with her and even gives some her advice if Dani really is her sister, Prison really mellow her out.
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 01-16-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Yep It's pretty good.
    spoilers:
    Turns out The Purple Man may not be dead and Carol may have thrown an innocent man into the sun.
    end of spoilers

Also despite being knock out,

almost being drowned,

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3b/72...6f3464c7e8.jpg
    and being thrown into the concrete

Kara Killgrave didn't hold any ill-will towards Jessica and has a talk with her and even gives some her advice if Dani really is her sister, Prison really mellow her out.
    Just FYI, the tag code is "spoil" not "spoiler". It's weird.

Very interesting...excited to read it!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Question for all of you, are any of you tired of the Purple Man? I'm just kind of sick of him having to constantly be used over and over again with Jessica. Yes, he is very important to her character and history.

However, can't we do something else? Jessica is a detective. I love her original series where she is investigating and solving crimes in the underbelly or beneath the surface of the Marvel Universe. Her last series didn't capture it all (stuck with the leftovers of two bad comic events before going back to the Purple Man) and now this. There is more to Jessica than her abuse. Can't we get back to normal private eye cases?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Question for all of you, are any of you tired of the Purple Man? I'm just kind of sick of him having to constantly be used over and over again with Jessica. Yes, he is very important to her character and history.

However, can't we do something else? Jessica is a detective. I love her original series where she is investigating and solving crimes in the underbelly or beneath the surface of the Marvel Universe. Her last series didn't capture it all (stuck with the leftovers of two bad comic events before going back to the Purple Man) and now this. There is more to Jessica than her abuse. Can't we get back to normal private eye cases?
    I mean, the first arc was a nice self contained case with a new villain.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, the first arc was a nice self contained case with a new villain.
    Which ended by going straight into this, right? Can't we focus on more cases than just this so quickly?

Which ended by going straight into this, right? Can't we focus on more cases than just this so quickly?
    I think there's a sense of "we don't know how long we'll get to tell stories." This is only the second writer to really write Jess, so I think it's fair enough for Thompson to try her hand at the foundations.

I love Jessica but I am getting tired of the "OMG Purple Man is back!" stories for umpteenth time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    I love Jessica but I am getting tired of the "OMG Purple Man is back!" stories for umpteenth time.
    Kelly Thompson isn't actually sure if she's writing a "season 3" of Jessica Jones that's why getting this storyline as it maybe her last one.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Kelly Thompson isn't actually sure if she's writing a "season 3" of Jessica Jones that's why getting this storyline as it maybe her last one.
    That's what I'm saying. She wants to keep going, but she doesn't know if she has the sales to delay her "big story".

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hopefully she'll have the opportunity to write more, this story was great. I had high hopes and they surpassed them.

I also didn't really like how Bendis killed the Purple Man, so I'd be happy to see him back. That being said, I'm not convinced that's what we have just yet.

There were some nice continuity nods in this issue. Great character work. Some funny moments that can really only work with Jessica Jones. Seriously, I read a surprisingly large number of good comics today but this one managed to be the best.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm not tired of Purple Man but it would be cool to see Jessica get another foe who develops a connection to her. I wouldn't mind seeing one of Luke's foes target Jessica. A number of of Luke's foes are involved in organised crime so Jessica could investigate some mystery goings on in that world.