Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Preview from Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #3

Jessica is in hell right now and she doesn't even know it... but this does make me wonder what are Kara and Emma seeing in their heads right now?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is this art specifically for these sequences or did they change artist?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is this art specifically for these sequences or did they change artist?
    Hope it's just for the sequence...

The artist looks familiar, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Filipe Andrade is doing the dream stuff and Mattia Iniuis is still doing the main stuff. The biggest things I recognize Andrade from is doing some art for the first volume of Kelly Sue Deconnick's Captain Marvel, as well as the first arc for Rocket Raccoon And Groot.

Captain Marvel is exactly what I'm thinking of.

Fantastic Member

Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #3

To nobody surprise Dani is NOT Killgrave child as it turn out he while he had been in coma and was being torture for months his son had been experimenting with their blood and if two much of The Purple Man's blood was in the mixture it would turn someone skin purple so Killgrave had grabbed control of a delivery guy and him take a vial of the bad mixture and infected Dani when she was in the park. (Killgrave stated to Jessica that the mixture that turn her skin Purple is... MOSTLY harmless and that the affects will fade which it does by the end of the issue)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I liked the conclusion - it strikes just the right notes of dark noir and solid character growth. Now I am really curious what is happening next!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I liked the conclusion - it strikes just the right notes of dark noir and solid character growth. Now I am really curious what is happening next!
    Yeah, that was a nice story.

Though part of me thinks they overplay the Purple Man stuff a little too much in Jessica Jones, I felt this story tied together a lot of previous stuff well. It'll be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Though part of me thinks they overplay the Purple Man stuff a little too much in Jessica Jones, I felt this story tied together a lot of previous stuff well. It'll be interesting to see where she goes from here.
    I think we've talked about this before in the thread - Jess is a character who doesn't do "light and fluffy" stories well. She's also not quite at a level where she can steal villains willy nilly (even though Killgrave himself is stolen already), so they have to create new villains (like the one in the first arc, who was fine, but not particularly memorable) or reuse the old one. I say one, because there really aren't many from her original runs. The dude from the first arc? Killed by Shield (I think). Most of the other arcs? Small town or time gangs. Except for Killgrave in the final arc of Alias.

Jess's story is tied too closely to Purple Man to extricate herself entirely, and any new writer for her is going to want to use that connection. I give Thompson props for doing some interesting things with it (I also rather liked the way Bendis played with Killgrave both times he pulled him out).

Jess also struggles from the fact that she's a character mostly know for being in her own solo...but she's has a pretty small footprint as a character, so the Purple Man stories (as they tend to be the strongest ones) stand out more because of proportion.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Nowhere, unfortunately. Kelly says there's no plans for season 3 right now. Effectively, the JJ comic is cancelled.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...37154458263552
    But that decision can be reversed if the trades sell well.
    https://twitter.com/AlannaWrites/sta...93079799209984
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nowhere, unfortunately. Kelly says there's no plans for season 3 right now. Effectively, the JJ comic is cancelled.
    Glad to have confirmation, but very sad about the cancellation. I like to know for sure, but man. This whole Digital First thing had some really cool stories - Jessica Jones, Daughters of the Dragon, and Cloak and Dagger particularly - but it also felt a bit like nobody really knew much about it.

Yeah I wouldn't really see that many people talking about it on social media unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't really see that many people talking about it on social media unfortunately.
    I mean, even in this thread, it was pretty dead, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm sure we'll get more Jessica down the line... we've got at least one more season of Jessica Jones and I'm almost certain we'll get some comics around that time to try and take advantage of that.

But I think the sad reality is Jessica is probably NOT popular enough to sustain an on-going indefinately. I think she's popular enough to get revisited time and time again, though. There is something special about the character, and marvel knows it. But it's a tough market.