Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, but I always like to read something in preparation for a season. It gives me more opportunities to read more comics.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Looks like that Oscar guy is gone. Not really interested in watching Jessica hook up with some dude that's probably won't be that interesting. If the Netflix shows weren't getting canceled I would have liked to see Jessica and Luke getting back together with Dani appearing down the line.

Hopefully the series doesn't end poorly and is improvement from S2.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Looks like that Oscar guy is gone. Not really interested in watching Jessica hook up with some dude that's probably won't be that interesting. If the Netflix shows weren't getting canceled I would have liked to see Jessica and Luke getting back together with Dani appearing down the line.

Hopefully the series doesn't end poorly and is improvement from S2.
    Yeah, it is sort of a shame we don't get more Luke and Jessica. It would have been nice if she had been somehow involved in Cages last story arc, where he seemigly might be falling to the dark side. If Misty were to assemble some people to help deal with Luke, Jessica from both an emotional and physical standpoint would probably be the second person she should call after Danny. Shame we didn't get at least one more season of Cage, or a last season of Jessica Jones with tied into Cages dangling plot threads.

I don't think she'll get a serious romance side plot in season 3, I guessing it's more of a quick hook-up fling and not really as in-depth as the stuff with Oscar was.

Jess is in Spider-Man Life Story #4.
    https://www.superherohype.com/comics...n-life-story-4

Whether she divorced Luke or was never with him in the first place isn't shown in the preview pages, but she does appear older than usual, which does actually match her 616 backstory, as she's supposed to be Peter's peer, which would means she's in her late 40s here instead of her late 20s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jess is in Spider-Man Life Story #4.
    https://www.superherohype.com/comics...n-life-story-4

Whether she divorced Luke or was never with him in the first place isn't shown in the preview pages, but she does appear older than usual, which does actually match her 616 backstory, as she's supposed to be Peter's peer, which would means she's in her late 40s here instead of her late 20s.
    The fact that she's still wearing that outfit while middle-aged is hilarious .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The fact that she's still wearing that outfit while middle-aged is hilarious .
    Why? Its just jeans, a t-shirt and a leather jacket. Nothing particularly age-inappropriate there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Why? Its just jeans, a t-shirt and a leather jacket. Nothing particularly age-inappropriate there.
    Not necessarily age-inappropriate but it seems like something a younger woman would be more readily able to pull off then a gal hitting her 40's/50's because it exudes more of a younger attitude, at least in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Not necessarily age-inappropriate but it seems like something a younger woman would be more readily able to pull off then a gal hitting her 40's/50's because it exudes more of a younger attitude, at least in my opinion.
    Fair enough, but I think that really depends on the woman. And particularly for a woman in Jessica's line of work, it still feels appropriate, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Fair enough, but I think that really depends on the woman. And particularly for a woman in Jessica's line of work, it still feels appropriate, imo.
    Maybe. It just seems like she's trying to dress younger in my opinion, or she's the type to still be wearing the exact same outfit she wore when she was in her 20's .

Astonishing Member

Maybe. It just seems like she's trying to dress younger in my opinion, or she's the type to still be wearing the exact same outfit she wore when she was in her 20's .
    Yeah, Jessica seems to be a "find what works and stick with it" type of person, and not just when it comes to fashion.

You have to remember though that when she started Jessica Jones, it was like 4 years ago. So she was only like 33. She's only JUST getting close to starting to push her 40's now.

Are you talking about the TV show? Comics Jessica is established to be the same age as Peter, and that seems to still be the case in Life Story - and since Peter is older, so is Jessica.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are you talking about the TV show? Comics Jessica is established to be the same age as Peter, and that seems to still be the case in Life Story - and since Peter is older, so is Jessica.
    Correct. "The Secret Origin of Jessica Jones" (Alias #22-23) reveals she attended Midtown High School and was a classmate of Peter Parker, while also having an unspoken crush on him.