Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Risen! Lazarus Appreciation 2019

We have a new year and a new thread!

https://imagecomics.com/press-releas...selling-series

Let's hope we see a bit more of Forever and her family this year!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm stoked. I had completely given up on this series since the end of the X + 66 arc ended. I'm glad to see that it's back on track.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm stoked, too. But I've never given up on this series! Haven't reread it, either, but maybe this summer is the time for that. Have learned patience, largely through the old B&W boom, where new series would appear and disappear and reappear and one just had to bear with it. And with a series as superb as Lazarus, the wait is tedious, but always worth it, it seems. So yay! Back on track!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

I don't read this series for an eye candy, but the fact that Forever has short hair hurts me a tad.

blah. Rucka's political commentary turns me off.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    blah. Rucka's political commentary turns me off.
    I don't mind his politics in the actual stories. I'm not a huge fan of them in the back matter.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't mind his politics in the actual stories. I'm not a huge fan of them in the back matter.
    To be fair, that's easy enough to avoid.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

On the converse, I find myself increasingly following comics with strong political viewpoints, and consequently, am glad for Rucka's commentaries. And as Ilan P posts, the back matter politics is easy to avoid if you're not.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Well it's out. Lazarus, bigger and better, well just as good.
    I like the pacing of the longer story, though quarterly is a long time to wait between issues.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    To be fair, that's easy enough to avoid.
    Agreed on both counts. The mega delays are what killed the momentum for me, but it's whatever. Like other Image titles that go through delays, I'll buy them when they come out.

The delays and the politics ended my interest in Lazarus.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

The politics is one of the reasons I read Lazarus.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Have the newest issue in hand, but have no time to read it! Coming soon--
    and surely a good bit o'time til next issue, I guess...!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The politics is one of the reasons I read Lazarus.
    The in-story politics, sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    I don't read this series for an eye candy, but the fact that Forever has short hair hurts me a tad.
    THIS!

The politics in the book are what they are, and the back matter talk is easy to avoid...