Comic fans are a fickle bunch who want gratification on a monthly basis.

I personally don't mind delays. It would be great if all creative teams could magically churn out books on a monthly (Or even bi-weekly) routine, but it's unrealistic and I prefer the original creative team doing their best work on a project rather than see fill-in artists doing rush-jobs to make that monthly schedule.....If the next Lazarus comic is delayed by a year, cool. I'll do a re-read to refresh myself on the series the month of the eventual delayed release.

Hell, I followed Berlin (by Jason Lutes), which had books 2 & 3 delayed by 8 and 10 years, respectively. I didn't mind. My life doesn't desperately revolve around the release dates of comics I enjoy reading.

I'm patiently hoping DC allows Grant Morrison to finish Seaguy. There was a 5-year gap between the first and second mini-series, and it's now been 9 years and counting with no word of volume 3. I'm hoping Morrison starts on volume 3 sometime within the next 5 years and we get a nice, oversize hardcover of the entire series afterward.