Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Comic fans are a fickle bunch who want gratification on a monthly basis.

    I personally don't mind delays. It would be great if all creative teams could magically churn out books on a monthly (Or even bi-weekly) routine, but it's unrealistic and I prefer the original creative team doing their best work on a project rather than see fill-in artists doing rush-jobs to make that monthly schedule.....If the next Lazarus comic is delayed by a year, cool. I'll do a re-read to refresh myself on the series the month of the eventual delayed release.

    Hell, I followed Berlin (by Jason Lutes), which had books 2 & 3 delayed by 8 and 10 years, respectively. I didn't mind. My life doesn't desperately revolve around the release dates of comics I enjoy reading.

    I'm patiently hoping DC allows Grant Morrison to finish Seaguy. There was a 5-year gap between the first and second mini-series, and it's now been 9 years and counting with no word of volume 3. I'm hoping Morrison starts on volume 3 sometime within the next 5 years and we get a nice, oversize hardcover of the entire series afterward.

  2. #32
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    western MA beside the CT River
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Seaguy? Seaguy? *sob!* I always knew that, somewhere, somewhere was there another fan of Seaguy. Yes. Volume 3 in, oh 2021 or so!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Usagi, Velvet

  3. #33
    Amazing Member Paulie Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Danzig, Poland
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Comic fans are a fickle bunch who want gratification on a monthly basis.

    I personally don't mind delays. It would be great if all creative teams could magically churn out books on a monthly (Or even bi-weekly) routine, but it's unrealistic and I prefer the original creative team doing their best work on a project rather than see fill-in artists doing rush-jobs to make that monthly schedule.....If the next Lazarus comic is delayed by a year, cool. I'll do a re-read to refresh myself on the series the month of the eventual delayed release.

    Hell, I followed Berlin (by Jason Lutes), which had books 2 & 3 delayed by 8 and 10 years, respectively. I didn't mind. My life doesn't desperately revolve around the release dates of comics I enjoy reading.

    I'm patiently hoping DC allows Grant Morrison to finish Seaguy. There was a 5-year gap between the first and second mini-series, and it's now been 9 years and counting with no word of volume 3. I'm hoping Morrison starts on volume 3 sometime within the next 5 years and we get a nice, oversize hardcover of the entire series afterward.
    I agree wholeheartedly with your entire post. And not just because you torture people.

  4. #34
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Seaguy? Seaguy? *sob!* I always knew that, somewhere, somewhere was there another fan of Seaguy. Yes. Volume 3 in, oh 2021 or so!
    I'm of the firm belief there are plenty more gentlemen of refined taste and moral virtues who appreciate the greatness of Seaguy.

    The second Seaguy mini-series was so good, it leaves me wondering what's next with volume 3!


    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with your entire post. And not just because you torture people.
    Would you care for some kielbasa, good sir?

  5. #35
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Just a heads up, guys: Rucka is back on the Wordballoon podcast. It's really worth a listen, as always (he is easily one of my favourite comics-pro interviewees), and he talks quite a bit about Lazarus during the second hour but here is a brief summary:

    He says that Michael Lark is already in the middle of drawing Risen issue 3; he has at least 4 more arcs coming up; Fracture part 2 will start with Risen issue #5 after a standalone for #4 and will significantly change things for the characters in the story.

    And if you're wondering why so much of his work has been so late, it's because he seems to be doing about a dozen things at once. Black Magick will be back soon. Nicola Scott has been going through some stuff but she is back on board and they will solicit it when the entire arc is done. It will be short enough a series overall that he thinks it will end by 2022. The Old Guard movie is currently shooting and work will resume on the second arc soon. Lazarus, the TV series, has gone through some "changes" but it's moving slowly, though it's no sure thing. Stumptown, the show, starts later this year and he has been very hands-on with the writing but not production side of the series. The release of the show means that he wants to get back to a new arc on the comic but he hasn't even talked to the artist about it yet so it's still a while away. And then, of course, there's Lois Lane, which he and Mike Perkins are well into already so that should be on time.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •