Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Attachment 85849
    I am not mad at this new Ivy costume. It looks like it's the new living suit. I'm so down.
    It seems a bit much to me. I could do with something more streamlined and a little more fashionable.

Wooden corsets are apparently very fashionable. In Project Runway when they had a plant-themed round, the contestant would had created a costume with a wooden corset ranked quite high!

I think the look could actually stand to add a bit more color with either purple or white flowers. Or maybe red leaves. I think they are staying away from flowers for the time being as that seems to be primarily Floronic Man's thing.

The trailer for Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, out on September 5, seems to feature a teen Ivy who is a minority.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-17-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wooden corsets are apparently very fashionable. In Project Runway when they had a plant-themed round, the contestant would had created a costume with a wooden corset ranked quite high!
    Really? Just seems kind of boring to me. But I guess we all have our fashion tastes...
    The trailer for Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, out on September 5, seems to feature a teen Ivy who is a minority.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oIkDU-RqSEY
    Well, I guess every redhead needs to get re-imagined as a black character at some point...

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy #2 variant by Jay Anacleto

Issue #1 variant by Shannon Maer

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy #2 variant by Jay Anacleto

Issue #1 variant by Shannon Maer

I LOVE both covers. Let's hope we'll be getting quality work such as this in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gorgeous .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gorgeous .
    I love that one, it makes her look like she has become a Dryad, or rather the primary agent of The Green. I am really interested to see where Ivy goes over the next year because I think they are leaning heavy into Ivy becoming the voice of The Green and taking Swamp Thing's place.

Ikon Collectables is releasing a 12" Poison Ivy statue, this one kinda popped up under my radar. They are an Australian company, I PO'd one thru Popcultcha. It has an edition size of 200 and has five variants that will be randomly slipped in for those who order it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gorgeous .
    Agreed (especially the leafy, petal arrangement ).

Fantastic Member

Did anybody else like her portrayal in The Batman?
    https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Poison_Ivy_(The_Batman)

As much as I love the redheaded bombshell, I thought this was a more creative twist on the character. TAS gets a lot of deserved love but The Batman 's Ivy had a more interesting origin story and made better use of her powers, nearly taking over Gotham once.

World of Warcraft has an "Herbal Supplier" NPC who is basically a riff on Ivy:

I love Poison Ivy since Batman:TAS and I know that you're more experts that me guys so, does anyone know why Diane Pershing is not doing her voice anymore? I know she's an old lady but in a 2018 interview she said that she would love to do her voice again.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    I love Poison Ivy since Batman:TAS and I know that you're more experts that me guys so, does anyone know why Diane Pershing is not doing her voice anymore? I know she's an old lady but in a 2018 interview she said that she would love to do her voice again.
    Diane Pershing is mostly retired from voice acting nowadays. She writes movie reviews for a local Malibu newspaper and gives interviews so she's still around, if not as the voice of Ivy.

Tasia Valenza is the new VA actress who has built quite the repertoire voicing Ivy in different iterations, starting from the original Arkham Asylum game. There's also been a trend for live action actresses to voice Ivy in some of her newer appearances. Alyssa Milano voiced her in Young Justice, she was voiced in the Batman: Hush movie by Peyton List, the last actress to play Ivy Pepper on Gotham, and Lake Bell will be the voice of Pam in the upcoming Harley Quinn animated series.