So, about Heroes in Crisis #7.

Poison Ivy is revivificated, as I believe some people here have speculated. However, it still leaves me with a sour taste, for several reasons.

One is of course the entire context with all the other dead superheroes, reduced to redshirt status. Like them, Poison Ivy is reduced to play the role of a corpse in another hero's story, and she has never been given any agency about her parts in it. Even if she was only fridged for six issues, she was still fridged for those six issues. She was also removed or blocked from appearing in other stories in the buildup to this one.

Then I have another issue, though it touches on things that might change with the final issues. Read how Ivy speaks. She lacks knowledge and personality: in a sense she is reborn, purified to serve as an innocent witness to Wally's death. But she still lacks any form of agency.

If the idea here is to create a heroic Ivy, then I have a real problem with it. One of the fundamental points about Ivy is that she is in reaction to violence from men: against herself, against children, or against nature. Her turn towards a more heroic nature has been built on caring for others: Harley Quinn, the orphans in No Man's Land, the light in Gotham, or plants. For Ivy, agency and making her own choices is a positive good. To make her turn to heroism predicated on violence against her, removal of her agency, and men making choices for her would be a violation of the entire history of the character.