Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF, Stjepan Sejic pointed out online that all it would take to resurrect Ivy would be to bury her and let it rain... and she could spring forth as the new Avatar of the Green.
    Yeah, but bringing back Poison Ivy is not the trouble here. The trouble is (a) the fridging itself, (b) the sexualised nature of her fridging, (c) that for all intents and purposes DC as an institution has no idea on how to approach the character as she has developed and has spawned one of its most engaged and passionate (if small) fan bases.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

TBF, Stjepan Sejic pointed out online that all it would take to resurrect Ivy would be to bury her and let it rain... and she could spring forth as the new Avatar of the Green.
    Okay, where is the state of her plantness these days because I thought when they revert back to human skin color she's not as planty anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yeah, but bringing back Poison Ivy is not the trouble here. The trouble is (a) the fridging itself, (b) the sexualised nature of her fridging, (c) that for all intents and purposes DC as an institution has no idea on how to approach the character as she has developed and has spawned one of its most engaged and passionate (if small) fan bases.
    It's not that small if DC is selling body lotions off her popularity!

Yeah, over in the "You're the EIC" thread in the Superman forum I proposed looking at the ratio between comics sold and merchandise sold for various DC characters and brands. I imagine Poison Ivy could possibly show an underdeveloped market, using that metric.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Just like with every bat characters my return to Ivy was in Hush. This was the first time I found out she can seduce women too

Poison_Ivy_0004.jpg

Hmm... the art is less realistic than I remember

Line it drawn

A plant child prepared by Ivy using her own DNA and Harley's should be quite an interesting character.

The Powerpuff Supergirl Ivy (since dubbed Pam-El) has been joined by Fruit Bat, Pamazon, Green Canary, and GREEN Lantern.

DxCfZWTXQAA337S.jpg-large.jpg

(Sadly, Pamazon carries a sword.)

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Okay how exactly did she die? I know shes dead but how?

Other question. How is it good for Swampthing fans? While I love Ivy, having her be the new Avatar of the Green is bad. Shes still a villain, and anyone thinking she wont go after the person who killed her, I dont know what to say?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So, my comic book store owner had an interesting theory. He says even he thinks it's crazy. But that Ivy is dressed up as Batgirl in those Harley/Batgirl team up pages. He doesn't have an idea as to why she would be. But she has shown to be able to mind control a whole planet...So maybe she is tricking everyone so she can play hero? I don't know, it is crazy haha. But better then her being dead.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    So, my comic book store owner had an interesting theory. He says even he thinks it's crazy. But that Ivy is dressed up as Batgirl in those Harley/Batgirl team up pages. He doesn't have an idea as to why she would be. But she has shown to be able to mind control a whole planet...So maybe she is tricking everyone so she can play hero? I don't know, it is crazy haha. But better then her being dead.
    Lol.

Btw for those who missed it, a Gotham City Sirens movie is back in the news. This time rumored to be part of WB's planned "Harley Quinn trilogy", the first of which is supposed to be next year's Birds of Prey, followed by a Sirens film, and then ending with a Birds vs. Sirens film!

Considering Margot Robbie's recently revealed enthusiasm for bringing the Harley and Ivy relationship on the big screen, should be interesting to see whom she casts as Pamela if BoP is a success and Sirens comes into fruition (no pun).

Amazing Member

I haven't read many Poison Ivy comics, so maybe there is a better alternative than the one I've come up with, but my head-canon reason for why Poison Ivy was registered at Sanctuary is the B:TAS episode "House and Garden" https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/House_%26_Garden. I just don't buy that Poison Ivy was manipulated by Riddler to kill those mobsters; it doesn't fit with my idea of her character.

Lol.

Btw for those who missed it, a Gotham City Sirens movie is back in the news. This time rumored to be part of WB's planned "Harley Quinn trilogy", the first of which is supposed to be next year's Birds of Prey, followed by a Sirens film, and then ending with a Birds vs. Sirens film!

Considering Margot Robbie's recently revealed enthusiasm for bringing the Harley and Ivy relationship on the big screen, should be interesting to see whom she casts as Pamela if BoP is a success and Sirens comes into fruition (no pun).
    She'll definitely cast someone less attractive and sexy then her because her Ego is so huge she want s to be the only caucasian femme fatale ou there.
    A picture would last longer darling...

HiC #5 had strong symbolism by juxtaposing Harley's rose for Ivy against the ending of Superman's speech. It created a fascinating parallelism between Ivy (always dedicated to upholding the inconvenient truth about environmental concerns, her need to protect the ecology and fighting against exploitation) and Superman's iconic "Truth, Justice and the American Way" motto.

Dunno if this was deliberate but considering King had compared the Harley/Ivy relationship to Lois and Superman, I'm guessing so.

Riverdale's Madelaine Petsch aka Cheryl Blossom picked Ivy as her favorite superhero:

https://ew.com/comic-con/comic-con-2...tsch-riverdale

“Poison Ivy, because she represents redheads and she’s a badass.”
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-30-2019 at 01:28 PM.