Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She is an extremist. By definition, she has a good point but her methods crosses too many lines to be acceptable and probably undermines her cause.

DCAU Ivy was also described as a sociopath who only cared about plants and not people, except for Harley. So Ivy genuinely wanting something that any one else would want (better environment, companionship, friendship) but going about in a way that forces Batman to interfere is well within the purview of the character. Hence why she is one of my favorite villains.
    Saying Poison Ivy is an extremist is, to me, a way to dismiss her character as a whole. There are some depictions of her that can be labelled extremist, like in Everyone Loves Ivy, but I think such depictions do her a disservice. Many of the best depictions of Ivy are where she is a Circe-like figure: mysterious, powerful, dangerous, but also well content at peace. She is not here to tell other people what to do, as long as they don't hurt her or the things she values.

Stjepan Sejic is one of the creators who digs into this, like he recently mentioned on Twitter:

also, one of my headcanons is that poison ivy is most powerful when barefoot on fertile ground. suffice to say, my idea of ivy is not fond of concrete. also she can hear muted whispers of the green. not in the way swampie does but hen her rage subsides, she can hear it clearly.

unfortunately her rage is easily provoked as the very polluted air agitates her as an endless allergy. she is the vengeful incarnation of the green. nature's fury.

but when the air is clear, she is wonderful.
    While not necessarily how I view her, it puts the spot on that Ivy is much more of a defender than someone who wants things for herself. To her, Batman is the enemy not because he stops her from getting the things she wants, but because he defends a system that encroaches on the things she considers valuable and worth defending.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Amazon Ivy, first mentioned in The Sixth Dimension, makes her debut in the preview for Last Knight On Earth:

Gotta admit, a Wonder Woman/Vixen/Poison Ivy/Supergirl/Donna Troy team book like A-Force would be out of this world epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Amazon Ivy, first mentioned in The Sixth Dimension, makes her debut in the preview for Last Knight On Earth:

Gotta admit, a Wonder Woman/Vixen/Poison Ivy/Supergirl/Donna Troy team book like A-Force would be out of this world epic.
    Interesting variation on the New 52 look (which nobody can seem to let go for some reason).

Loincloth Supergirl .

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Interesting variation on the New 52 look (which nobody can seem to let go for some reason).

Loincloth Supergirl .
    I still like the new52 outfit. When drawn right, its sexy and looks really cool! Plus, it always gives her plants to use. But I know I'm one of the only ones haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member

thats bruce lol he looks like damian

I just saw Batman vs TMNT and boy....they treated Ivy like a joke. Loved her design, hated her role in it.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Last issue of Heroes In Crisis came out, without spoilers, it was an interesting issue...but based on the stuff that's coming out in the next few months, it looks like it hasn't had any impact haha. I was hoping to see Ivy in something after this.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

So they are setting Ivy up in the MCU Black Widow position of having to "wipe the red off her ledger"? I guess that works in a way, even if I do like my Ivy a little more unapologetic.

So they are setting Ivy up in the MCU Black Widow position of having to "wipe the red off her ledger"? I guess that works in a way, even if I do like my Ivy a little more unapologetic.
    Well, it fits with King's Ivy.

So, it looks like Jody Houser will be the one cleaning up after King
    E363A461-1BC8-4787-999E-8FDBE92C4427.jpg
    HARLEY QUINN AND POISON IVY #1

written by JODY HOUSER
    art by ADRIANA MELO
    cover by ELENA CASAGRANDE
    Harley Quinn card stock variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    Poison Ivy card stock variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are taking their show on the road in this new miniseries! They’ll have to evade villains and heroes alike while they explore their relationship and unpack their time and experiences at Sanctuary. Set after the events of HEROES IN CRISIS and smack in the middle of “Year of the Villain,” it’s a journey across the DC Universe that will change their friendship forever...if they live that long!
    ON SALE 09.04.19

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    E363A461-1BC8-4787-999E-8FDBE92C4427.jpg
    Houser’s only clearing up here: She’s fixing Harley and Ivy while *rolls eyes* Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth clear up and fix Wally West. I trust Booth who is coming back to DC-simply for this book having been Vocal about the Bad Treatment of Wally and asking us to Boycott - He says the plan is fix Wally, however Lobdell I dont. At least Ivy and her fans fair better than us Wally fans
    Last edited by Denirac; 06-13-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Houser’s only clearing up here: She’s fixing Harley and Ivy while *rolls eyes* Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth clear up and fix Wally West. I trust Booth who is coming back to DC-simply for this book having been Vocal about the Bad Treatment of Wally and asking us to Boycott - He says the plan is fix Wally, however Lobdell I dont. At least Ivy and her fans fair better than us Wally fans
    Yeah, after yesterdays Wally announcement i am relieved with who we got. But maybe Lobdell will surprise us and he can’t be worse for Wally than King, right?

Yeah, after yesterdays Wally announcement i am relieved with who we got. But maybe Lobdell will surprise us and he can’t be worse for Wally than King, right?
    Brett Booth says the plan is to fix Wally but he says he isnt co-writing this one, just drawing, Lobdell could go either way: His Flash/Speed Buggy is REALLY good and about Wally, which Booth was on too, But we could get the guy who wrote New 52 Red Hood, Teen Titans and created Ric
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Brett Booth says the plan is to fix Wally but he says he isnt co-writing this one, just drawing, Lobdell could go either way: His Flash/Speed Buggy is REALLY good and about Wally, which Booth was on too, But we could get the guy who wrote New 52 Red Hood, Teen Titans and created Ric
    Maybe Booth has a good influence when it comes to Wally? I don’t know...I try to stay optimistic and hope for the best

Haven't read much of either, but Houser seems like she did a killing on Mother Panic, and anyone who can write a comic as a well-formed sonnet gets a major gold star in my book. Having both a female writer and a female artist is also a big plus.

Hopefully they also get the artistic freedom to get away from Mann's rather… wooden… design for Ivy. That's probably the nicest way to describe it.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])