Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Peyton List will be reprising Ivy in the Batman: Hush animated film.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Ghost View Post
    Sooo...when can we talk about it?
    I'm going to wait till Monday haha, to give people the weekend to live spoiler free. But man, I have a lot of questions.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Poison Ivy in Batman: Hush:

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Is the posing supposed to convey something here? Like, I dunno, romance/seduction or Batwoman about to cuff Ivy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is the posing supposed to convey something here? Like, I dunno, romance/seduction or Batwoman about to cuff Ivy?
    It looks to me like Ivy has Kate pheromone'd.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Sooo...when can we talk about it?
    Lol, I think 3 days are enough so we can start (doubt anyone who hasn't read HiC #7 and really doesn't want to get spoiled will visit this thread now).

Having said that... I don't know where to start. For the time being, I can only think of some of the implications. Ivy's appearance here lends itself well to the theory that she may be inheriting the role of Avatar of the Green from Swamp Thing. Which will be interesting. Has the Ivy solo that Stjepan Sejic teased he'd be pitching some months back been greenlit? (no pun). The future is interesting indeed...

Given that Swamp Thing is about to get his own t.v. show, I don't expect Ivy being the Avatar of the Green to last. Assuming that even happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Given that Swamp Thing is about to get his own t.v. show, I don't expect Ivy being the Avatar of the Green to last. Assuming that even happens.
    TBF DC isn't that into corporate synergy (Arthur Curry still doesn't look like Jason Momoa despite the film starring the latter becoming the biggest DC film at the box office).

I can see Swamp Thing take on a mentor role in Ivy's journey as the Avatar.

Also, in Justice League's current Multiverse heavy story, the League is in a parallel universe called the Sixth Dimension, which is a utopia. Thanks to the efforts of an older Diana who has opened up Themyscira to the rest of the world, and the efforts of her "sisters" named the New Amazons, who include, yup, Pam:

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF DC isn't that into corporate synergy (Arthur Curry still doesn't look like Jason Momoa despite the film starring the latter becoming the biggest DC film at the box office).

I can see Swamp Thing take on a mentor role in Ivy's journey as the Avatar.
    To be fair, he got the beard and long hair again and he’ll get the tattoos in a few issues.
    That being said I don’t see the Swamp Thing show influence the comics too much beside that we probably see a little more if him.

For HiC #7, with all the problems the book has (and it has a lot) I think the Wally/Ivy scene was done beautifully. I hope both make it out of this fully redeemed so that their friendship can grow (pun intended).
    I think it is cool that Ivy has a connection now to Wally and other heroes. If there isn’t a twist that it was all Ivy’s evil masterplan (which wouldn’t make sense because King made her a careing, worldsaving, non-killer) I can see her finally being away from Gotham and connecting with the DCU. Swamp Thing being a mentor would be a dream come true.

On the bad side, it seems like this is not the Ivy who was killed anymore but a reboot. Maybe she somehow remembers a few things and will get her memories back, but as of now the Ivy we know was erased.
    But I will say, if this results in her being an essential part of a wider DCU and get a consistent characterization and frequent interactions with other heroes, I am fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Also, in Justice League's current Multiverse heavy story, the League is in a parallel universe called the Sixth Dimension, which is a utopia. Thanks to the efforts of an older Diana who has opened up Themyscira to the rest of the world, and the efforts of her "sisters" named the New Amazons, who include, yup, Pam:

Such an awesome moment! I know it is just an illusion but I really wanne see a New Amazons comic by Snyder

Also if you like Ivy cameos, you should check out
    spoilers:
    the Justice League vs Fatal Five animated movie. Fun cameos and overall a very cool movie and pretty emotional continuation of the Timmverse
    end of spoilers

Also if you like Ivy cameos, you should check out
    spoilers:
    the Justice League vs Fatal Five animated movie. Fun cameos and overall a very cool movie and pretty emotional continuation of the Timmverse
    end of spoilers
    That sounds great. Will check it out.

Remember when JL and JLU were airing. Timm (or Dini?) did mention that a lot of the writers were suggesting stories involving Ivy but they were vetoing it because they wanted to concentrate on the non-Gotham characters. While I get that perspective (though apparently that rule didn't extend to the Joker), it would have been great to see Ivy tackle the League or interact with them in the Timmverse, other than her one cameo where she was brainwashed.

Had to go check out that new animated JLU movie just to see Ivy's parts. Here are couple of screen grabs of what she looks like:

jl cameo 1.JPG jl cameo 2.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    Had to go check out that new animated JLU movie just to see Ivy's parts. Here are couple of screen grabs of what she looks like:

jl cameo 1.JPG jl cameo 2.JPG

I love that she slowly became more and more plant over the DCAU. IIRC also a plot point in the (fantastic) Batman Adventures by Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by dodoriazarbon View Post
    I love that she slowly became more and more plant over the DCAU. IIRC also a plot point in the (fantastic) Batman Adventures by Slott.
    Personally, I still prefer her original look from B:TAS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-02-2019 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Made a correction.