Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Would you like to see old classic villains return?

So I recently bought the first two golden age omnibus's and I love them. I like the first few stories featuring Doctor Death and Mad Monk. I really think it would be cool to see classic villains like them return in the mainstream continuity and for over used villains like Joker, Riddler, and Penguin to take a back seat for a while. I say this because I think it would be interesting to see Doctor Death return as a serious threat to Batman as well as Mad Monk to return to. I'd also like the Spook (who wasn't in the Golden age but still a good classic I think) to return as well. I think there are a lot of classic and or forgotten villains that deserve a time to shine and I think it would be nice for DC to do this rather than just invent new enemies for Batman.

I would be intrigued with a modern depiction of Dr. Tzin Tzin.

I really want to see a new version of Signal Man just to how an interaction between him and Duke would go.

Seriously I find Duke going by the Signal to be more ridiculous and crazy than a guy called Signal Man. What's with new characters being named after Bat equipment? Batwing, (Bat)Signal, are we gonna have a new character called Batarang or Batcomputer?

I really want to see the video game character Sun Tzu make an apperance. He was in a BTAS fighting game for the gamecube and PS2, he was designed by Jim Lee too. I dunno if he has actually been in anything other than the game and I know he isn't classic but I wanna see him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Doctor Death returned as a mutant in Zero Year, and Mad Monk appeared as a one-panel cameo in I Am Suicide epilogue.

083aaaa24f542a27678cf980c460a25b._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

The answer's yes.

Incredible Member

I'd like to see Killer Moth, in full traditional green-orange-purple Moth costume, make more frequent regular appearances, some of them even of respectability - like how he was in the seventies - mid eighties - unlike his sparingly few and rare showings of his existence since New 52, cameos, afterthoughts, and jokes.

I'm not sure if they're so much "classic" but I'd be really down for some modern updates of the Batman '66 original villains.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Always. Comics should always be about their history not just the last 8 months. There's a beautiful 80year old rich tapestry.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really want to see a new version of Signal Man just to how an interaction between him and Duke would go.

Seriously I find Duke going by the Signal to be more ridiculous and crazy than a guy called Signal Man. What's with new characters being named after Bat equipment? Batwing, (Bat)Signal, are we gonna have a new character called Batarang or Batcomputer?

I really want to see the video game character Sun Tzu make an apperance. He was in a BTAS fighting game for the gamecube and PS2, he was designed by Jim Lee too. I dunno if he has actually been in anything other than the game and I know he isn't classic but I wanna see him.
    I agree 100% I find it impossible to take Batwing seriously because of his name I really hope Signal becomes a modern version of Signal Man and that's what they are doing with him but I doubt it. Another thing I hope for is for these heroes named after Bat equipment to be killed off and forgotten.

I would love to see calendar man come back for a bit.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post

Batcomputer could probably have been Barbara's code name instead of Oracle lol.

I would like to see modern takes on old villians,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    ... I like the first few stories featuring Doctor Death and Mad Monk. ... I say this because I think it would be interesting to see Doctor Death return as a serious threat to Batman as well as Mad Monk to return to. I'd also like the Spook (who wasn't in the Golden age but still a good classic I think) to return as well. I think there are a lot of classic and or forgotten villains that deserve a time to shine and I think it would be nice for DC to do this rather than just invent new enemies for Batman.
    Agreed.

How an updated concept with Dala and her Mad Monks? How about Docteur De'Ath? (I was thinking the Dala would be the leader of vampires and werewolves; while the Docteur might be a Frenchwoman who replaces Karl Helfern.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I would be intrigued with a modern depiction of Dr. Tzin Tzin.
    I have a mental picture of Tzin Tzin as a headmaster for a school of crime. This is his revenge on the superheroes who thwarted him. He trains who can in mind control and who he can't in ninjutsu. His college graduates new threats to plague our heroes.

Maybe Sin Tzu was one of this pupils?

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I'd like to see Killer Moth, in full traditional green-orange-purple Moth costume, make more frequent regular appearances, some of them even of respectability - like how he was in the seventies - mid eighties - unlike his sparingly few and rare showings of his existence since New 52, cameos, afterthoughts, and jokes.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if they're so much "classic" but I'd be really down for some modern updates of the Batman '66 original villains.
    Agreed.

Batman '66
    did a great job updated Zelda the Great.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Always. Comics should always be about their history not just the last 8 months. There's a beautiful 80year old rich tapestry.
    I cannot agree enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I agree 100% I find it impossible to take Batwing seriously because of his name...
    What if Lucas was called Jet Bat?

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I would love to see calendar man come back for a bit.
    I liked the one who wore a variety of costumes. He was fun.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-06-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Agreed.

How an updated concept with Dala and her Mad Monks? How about Docteur D'eath?
    Sounds good I think a good story arc would be one like Arkham Knight where all sorts of classic villains return starting with Doctor Death poisoning the city and for him to be taunting Batman via a live broad cast saying things like "Do you remember what you did to my face? You claim to have a code you claim to refuse to kill but that wasn't always true was it? Behind the noble facade is a violent and savage beast that seeks to bring death and destruction to all that are around it. I look forward to bringing that beast out."

I like that idea because in the earlier comics Batman did "kill" and then Robin was introduced to soften him up and it would be good to see that fact be acknowledged in a way. Especially if Dr. Death was reintroduced as a skeleton in Batman's closet and for it to come out Batman believed he did kill him and kept it a secret but instead Dr. Death survived and his face was mutilated.

As for supporting villains I think The Spook and Mad Monk along with Dala would be good to and I know a lot will be mad at this idea but I think a good way to show that classic villains mean business would be to kill off somebody like Penguin early on like he gets called to a meeting dismisses Dr. Death and it's revealed Dr. Death poisoned him to show the other villains how serious he is.

Mighty Member

I'd like to see Ed Peale, The Gong show up after 60 odd years in limbo. How about Rocky Grimes, the stone themed killer?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I'd like to see Ed Peale, The Gong show up after 60 odd years in limbo. How about Rocky Grimes, the stone themed killer?
    Stone themed killer? Now I'm interested!

I definitely would not mind this in addition to them inventing new ones and still using the traditional members of his rogues.
    Especially after all this time to see them come back and try to insert themselves into the status quo would be quite the meta story.