Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she was in the story with Scott.
    Are you talking about the one-shot Living Legends? That's not a mini. She's never been in a mini titled Ant-Man and the Wasp. There has been 2. First one featured Hank and Eric. Second one Nadia and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Are you talking about the one-shot Living Legends? That's not a mini. She's never been in a mini titled Ant-Man and the Wasp. There has been 2. First one featured Hank and Eric. Second one Nadia and Scott.
    i just don't rank the stories any differently. the minis were just stretched out to multiple issue length. they could have stretched the living eraser story out to 3 issues. Living Legends was quite Jan-centric. she was the one with the knowledge of the living erasers afterall. i fully expect that she will see more use in the future. she's the more experienced member of T'challa's secret avengers afterall. the threat is the Sentry. she's the only one with any exposure to the Sentry (she stepped on him).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i just don't rank the stories any differently. the minis were just stretched out to multiple issue length. they could have stretched the living eraser story out to 3 issues. Living Legends was quite Jan-centric. she was the one with the knowledge of the living erasers afterall. i fully expect that she will see more use in the future. she's the more experienced member of T'challa's secret avengers afterall. the threat is the Sentry. she's the only one with any exposure to the Sentry (she stepped on him).
    A one-shot that was never promoted or marketed and barely sold anything holds nothing to a solo book or a mini series titled for the said character.

Jan's future is a bit uncertain right now. Iron Man is ending. Agents of Wakanda started out awesome but it's a huge rotating cast and she doesn't seem to be in issues 3 and 4, and I don't see the book lasting more than 12 issues anyways. Her fans are surviving here with supporting roles and that content is limited and the future isn't guaranteed, proven by the Iron Man relaunch. What she needs is finally a 5 to 12 issues long solo to call her own and her place back in Avengers. Former will never happen in the near future and the latter might be in that category too. My point is her role in comics is reduced to supporting roles and having another Wasp that continues to be a lead in books does nothing but hurt Janet's prominence because this is more than just comics. When you have place in a big book or your own book, you get promoted. By marvel.com, by marvel's various social media pages and podcasts and more.

This is not the same case with Scarlet Witch where the editorial really seems to be ignoring poor Wanda. Janet isn't being ignored right now. She is just deliberately being pulled down and that's really annoying. We're living in a time where spread pages in big crossover books like Marvel Comics #1000 will feature Nadia over Janet with rest of the marvel universe. And that makes this not okay

Evil. Pure Evil.

Last thing we need is a 4th Wasp title starring Nadia as the Wasp.

Evne the idea is disgusting at this point. They don't have a single non one-shot Wasp book with Janet leading. How much more lead Nadia content do you need to realize her having her own books is seriously screwing over Janet. She should be in team books and supporting roles for some time now.
    Nadia is a great character so the first thing she needs is a new book.

She is not screwing over Janet at all. Being Nadia's surrogate mother in Nadia's book is the best thing to happen to Janet in years.
    Last edited by KC; 09-19-2019 at 07:07 AM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Nadia is a great character so the first thing she needs is a new book.

She is not screwing over Janet at all. Being Nadia's surrogate mother in Nadia's book is the best thing to happen to Janet in years .
    Nadia is a great character, that we agree on.

She needs a book alright. Just not another one titled Wasp where she leads.

The rest of your sentence isn't really worth arguing over, you're absolutely wrong. Nadia , as good and awesome and lovable as she is, is the worst thing that has ever happened to Janet in the comics. You're completely blind if you think Nadia's existence did anything but reduce Janet's prominence in comics and promotional media.

Nadia is literally the reason Janet **isn't allowed** to have a solo book. They don't even allow both to be on the same promotional material outside of unstoppable wasp covers. They go out their way to replace Nadia with Janet. This is a fact.

You can acknowledge this and still love Nadia. I loved her series. I bought every issue digitally and some even physically and framed a couple of the covers on my wall, I love the character and truly think Whitley did a fantastic job. I want to continue see her be in Champions and see her relationship with her fellow teen heroes, Janet, the girls grow.

That said, yet another Nadia led book is the biggest **** you to Janet you could give. If you hate Janet then come out with it because denying how much Nadia's existence hurt Janet's profile is laughable. If you claim you like both characters, you'd root for Janet to have her first solo ever before they ever give Nadia another lead book.

Nadia , as good and awesome and lovable as she is, is the worst thing that has ever happened to Janet in the comics.
    Interesting way of spelling and describing Remender, but I always appreciate creativity!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Nadia is a great character, that we agree on.

She needs a book alright. Just not another one titled Wasp where she leads.

The rest of your sentence isn't really worth arguing over, you're absolutely wrong. Nadia , as good and awesome and lovable as she is, is the worst thing that has ever happened to Janet in the comics. You're completely blind if you think Nadia's existence did anything but reduce Janet's prominence in comics and promotional media.

Nadia is literally the reason Janet **isn't allowed** to have a solo book. They don't even allow both to be on the same promotional material outside of unstoppable wasp covers. They go out their way to replace Nadia with Janet. This is a fact.

You can acknowledge this and still love Nadia. I loved her series. I bought every issue digitally and some even physically and framed a couple of the covers on my wall, I love the character and truly think Whitley did a fantastic job. I want to continue see her be in Champions and see her relationship with her fellow teen heroes, Janet, the girls grow.

That said, yet another Nadia led book is the biggest **** you to Janet you could give. If you hate Janet then come out with it because denying how much Nadia's existence hurt Janet's profile is laughable. If you claim you like both characters, you'd root for Janet to have her first solo ever before they ever give Nadia another lead book.
    I would love her to get another book called Wasp where she leads because she is the Wasp and she is great as a leading character.

Unless someone at Marvel has come out and said that I am not sure you can say that with any kind of certainty. I don't think you or I are privy to what Marvel does behind the scenes.

Janet had an important part in both Wasp and Iron Man, playing a pivotal role in both books. So it is a stretch at best to say that they are trying to reduce her prominence.

Saying I don't like Janet is a MASSIVE reach from you.

A Wasps book staring both Janet and Nadia would be a good idea but I don't mind Janet playing a motherly support role for Nadia because, as I said, it is the best thing that has been done to the character in years.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

I would love her to get another book called Wasp where she leads because she is the Wasp and she is great as a leading character.

Unless someone at Marvel has come out and said that I am not sure you can say that with any kind of certainty. I don't think you or I are privy to what Marvel does behind the scenes.

Janet had an important part in both Wasp and Iron Man, playing a pivotal role in both books. So it is a stretch at best to say that they are trying to reduce her prominence.

Saying I don't like Janet is a MASSIVE reach from you.

A Wasps book staring both Janet and Nadia would be a good idea but I don't mind Janet playing a motherly support role for Nadia because, as I said, it is the best thing that has been done to the character in years.
    Okay you don't care for Janet. That's fine. I'm not one to judge you for wanting to screw her over. She is a fictional character. Just please stop going around saying factually wrong things. Nadia's creation has hurt Janet more than anything, I've ranted about this more times than I'm comfortable with, I have solid proof why they are not allowed to be promoted together. I'm not going to go over it again. This is all I ask of you, please trust me on this that Nadia leading sucks for Janet. You don't have to care for it at all. I'm not saying that. Who am I to force my likeness of a fictional characters to you. You don't have to care for how much it sucks for Janet. Just acknowledge it, or even if you refuse to believe me, know that there are people who've done a crap ton of research on this that think this way, I'm not alone.

Okay you don't care for Janet. That's fine. I'm not one to judge you for wanting to screw her over. She is a fictional character. Just please stop going around saying factually wrong things. Nadia's creation has hurt Janet more than anything, I've ranted about this more times than I'm comfortable with, I have solid proof why they are not allowed to be promoted together. I'm not going to go over it again. This is all I ask of you, please trust me on this that Nadia leading sucks for Janet. You don't have to care for it at all. I'm not saying that. Who am I to force my likeness of a fictional characters to you. You don't have to care for how much it sucks for Janet. Just acknowledge it, or even if you refuse to believe me, know that there are people who've done a crap ton of research on this that think this way, I'm not alone.
    I do care for Janet. You go on about "saying factually wrong things" and yet you seem to have this lie in your head that I don't like or have it out for Janet. So I am going to say it clearly now I like Janet as a character.

You must have insider information or a quote where someone at Marvel has actively said that they are screwing over Janet. But I don't think you do and I am not sure if any "proof" you have will hold-up because I have no reason to trust you.

Janet has had sizable roles in Iron Man and Nadia's Wasp book. And that is ok because the roles she has played in both books suit her.

I do care for Janet. You go on about "saying factually wrong things" and yet you seem to have this lie in your head that I don't like or have it out for Janet. So I am going to say it clearly now I like Janet as a character.

You must have insider information or a quote where someone at Marvel has actively said that they are screwing over Janet. But I don't think you do and I am not sure if any "proof" you have will hold-up because I have no reason to trust you.

Janet has had sizable roles in Iron Man and Nadia's Wasp book. And that is ok because the roles she has played in both books suit her.
    Right, this is actually incredibly frustrating because you have no clue what you're talking about and since you're actively campaigning to screw over something I like I'm just going to put you on my ignore list. Nothing personal, this is just incredibly frustrating to read and I'm sure your feelings towards my posts aren't that far off so this is for the best for both of us rather than having it escalate further I think.

Right, this is actually incredibly frustrating because you have no clue what you're talking about and since you're actively campaigning to screw over something I like I'm just going to put you on my ignore list. Nothing personal, this is just incredibly frustrating to read and I'm sure your feelings towards my posts aren't that far off so this is for the best for both of us rather than having it escalate further I think.
    The lack of self-awareness in this post in mindboggling. They say "put up or shut up" and I guess muting is your answer.

Marvel's Avengers is going to be in NYCC and they are apparently going in depth with a fan favorite character. I'm assuming it's not one of the 5 playables that were already revealed. It might be Hank. (or Kamala)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Interesting way of spelling and describing Remender, but I always appreciate creativity!
    Everything Remender has already done with Janet is long forgotten and retconned so I don't think this is fair. He used her in a big way when no one else would and did after he left Marvel. Sure the stuff with Havok was just ehhhh but he liked writing Jan and gave her some strong moments. Her fight against the Sentry is still her most memorable fight scene in this decade, no? It was really good.

Without Remender, Jan might have stayed in limbo for longer. (Hickman sure had no desire to use her) I respect if you hate his work so much that you prefer that but I honestly think the relevance the first UA gave Jan outweighed the bad.

I think his handling of Wanda was way worse, personally
    Last edited by Captain M; 09-19-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Marvel's Avengers is going to be in NYCC and they are apparently going in depth with a fan favorite character. I'm assuming it's not one of the 5 playables that were already revealed. It might be Hank. (or Kamala)
    I think a good bet would be Kamala since she's supposed to be a big part of the game's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a good bet would be Kamala since she's supposed to be a big part of the game's story.
    Yeah she seems like a very likely choice but you never know :P