Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    Okay, so, what is everyone's favorite broship for Hank? Personally I kind of enjoy his interactions with Clint, but I wanna hear other people's opinions. Also, which characters do you want him to team-up with/have solo interactions with more often, because I wish he spent more time around Steve.
    All-time favorite "bro-ship" for Hank would be Daredevil (from Mark Waid's Daredevil).

As for characters I'd like Hank to have more interactions with... I think my choice would be Mark-12, the friendly Ultron. Even though I know this'll never happen, I still enjoyed their father/son sessions together.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-22-2019 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added more words.

Okay, so, what is everyone's favorite broship for Hank? Personally I kind of enjoy his interactions with Clint, but I wanna hear other people's opinions. Also, which characters do you want him to team-up with/have solo interactions with more often, because I wish he spent more time around Steve.
    That is such a good question!

I have a few, actually.

Like K7P5V, I really liked his friendship with Daredevil in Waid's run. Clint also is supposed to be a very good friend of Hank's, but sometimes there are writers who seem to forget that. There was a time when he was good friends with Beast also, but that hasn't been touched in years. Vision is another character that I enjoy reading alongside Hank (don't know if he counts as broship since technically he's "family" but still).

Honestly I thought he was developing a nice relationship with Monica Chang in Avengers A.I. Granted, she's a woman so doesn't fit the "broship" thing, but I don't think there were any hints at a romantic relationship. But she was the only one to whom he confessed suffering from BPD, so at least he trusted her by the end of the storyline. I would have been curious to see where the relationship would go, and no, I wouldn't have wanted them to get involved together.

I'd like also to see him spend time with his children, that's for sure. We'd get to see another side of him that we haven't seen before and that would be interesting.

I'm curious though, why do you wish he spent more time around with Steve? Apart from the fact that Steve is a good guy of course
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Honestly because they're both founders I thought they would talk more, but when I looked through I couldn't find many scenes at all. Steve does call Hank one of his "most trusted friends" in Avengers AI but they don't seem close. So I'm curious to see what that would be like.
    I did really like his friendship with Daredevil though, it would be nice for Marvel to bring it back.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Depends on the writer. I've read stories where Tony and Hank were written as friends and colleagues, easily and happily working together. Even Bendis wrote Tony calling Hank his "very good friend" - I suppose that's quite something for Tony to say
    Tony and Hank used to be shown to be friendly and able to work together. Seems like contemporary writers seem more interested in making them rivals and have a turbulent relationship.

I don't mind the relationship drama as it is a key ingredient of superhero soap opera comics but I disagree with the much mentioned notion Pym and Stark can't co-exist. They are two different characters with two generally different skill sets. I don't think it is a either/ or thing with those two characters.

Hank's Bromance with Bill Foster and Clint are my favorites. Honorable mention goes to Hank and Scott Lang's friendship. I liked the dynamic between them when Lang joined the Avengers and Pym was Yellowjacket. Probably the only time the two of them actually seemed like friends (Lang making jokes and Pym laughing).

I would Hank to hang out with Banner/Hulk more. Pym was the Avenger who actually cared enough to go after the Hulk to convince him to come back to the Avengers. I also feel like Banner and Pym have a lot in common.

I think there are a lot of different friendships/relationship dynamics writers could play with if they finally stopped wallowing in Pymtron or "Hank Pym must be hated."

Oh I also liked his dynamic with Eric in the old Ant-Man and Wasp series. Also every time he appears with Reed is good but that feels less like friends and more like rivals.
    Although a problem is that even if you get a good dynamic in one series the next writer along will probably destroy it.