Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Slott still does one of my favorite Pym's. He really hammers his flaws, and how others perceive him, but for his own good.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-19-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Slott still does one of my favorite Pym's. He really hammers his flaws, and how other perceive him, but for his own good.
    I hear ya man.Other than the ending,his Might Avengers run might be one best titles he appeared on last years

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Slott still does one of my favorite Pym's. He really hammers his flaws, and how other perceive him, but for his own good.
    That was the cool thing about Slott's Pym... he made Pyms flaws fun.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I did look in the solicitation thread
    spoilers:
    On the Incoming poster Ultron is depicted, not Pymtron. Oh my, is the nightmare finally over? Did Slott actually pull through? I may have never been so wrong so quickly
    end of spoilers
    I hadn't noticed that, but thanks for pointing it out! I'm not sure if it actually means anything, but it does give me some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They don't hate Hank. They said mean things about Hank they don't mean to upset the android wearing him like a flesh suit.
    I hope you're right. Otherwise it would taint in a bad way two characters I like a lot. I could expect this on Tony's part, even though it contradicts a lot of more recent comic books, but Jan is not a mean person. She can be straight to the point, very blunt, but she's never been depicted as being deliberately mean and hurtful.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Yeah they realized this was the only way to get to Ultron, so they said whatever they knew would upset him really badly

Amazing Member

Hank and Jan haven't been on the same team since before Avengers Dissambled right?I'm not counting Rage of Ultron because that is mostly a stand alone story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mago dos Gatos View Post
    Hank and Jan haven't been on the same team since before Avengers Dissambled right?I'm not counting Rage of Ultron because that is mostly a stand alone story.
    If you don't count Mighty Avengers where Jan was on the team and Hank appeared a lot...although that was a Skrull version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They don't hate Hank. They said mean things about Hank they don't mean to upset the android wearing him like a flesh suit.
    Yes, I interpreted it the same. Cable did the same to destabilize him in Uncanny Avengers and Stark in Secret Empire.

Incredible Member

I just re-read "The Trial of Yellowjacket", with Tony dating Jan immediately after she and Hank split, and how Cap gave him a verbal smack-down about it. Tony realized how wrong he was to have stabbed Hank in the back like that, especially when he hadn't even let Jan know he was Iron Man. A couple issues later, Hawkeye berates the team for not going to see Hank in prison or trying to find a way to help him. By the end of the story, everyone puts the whole situation behind them and part as friends. Hank shows up in later issues as a scientist to help the team out, and things are looking good and he's happy and has a good relationship with his old friends. It really bugged me years later, when writers like Bendis had Tony and others hating on Hank for no reason, and showing him no respect. Slott, Waid, Busiek and others have all treated Hank better, but somehow those stories get undone and we're back to square one. I trust Dan Slott because he really seems to like the character, so I really hope this story finally puts things right, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Agreed. Every time we get close to a stable Hank Pym (WCA seemingly the longest run), another writer comes along and undoes it all. I don't see how being merged with Ultron for however long it has been or will be, will help, assuming we ever actually get Hank back.

And I really hope the term "Pym-slapped" doesn't become a thing.

I've been hearing pym-slapped jokes for years, maybe even decades, I'm not certain. It's not something Slott invented, so I doubt it will end with him.

It is something that can hardly be fought against. Peter Parker hit MJ while pregnant but that did not become famous or defining. Luckily there is the version of the MCU, which over time I think will end up supplanting the other.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is something that can hardly be fought against. Peter Parker hit MJ while pregnant but that did not become famous or defining. Luckily there is the version of the MCU, which over time I think will end up supplanting the other.
    It is odd how one arc can utterly derail a character and define them for a generation or more, with some characters, but not others. Wolverine's done some sketchy crap (stabbed Rachel in the heart!), and gotten a pass. Reed sent super-villain 'cape-killers' after his wife, brother-in-law and best friend over a political disagreement over something that hadn't even passed as a law, yet, and, according to Quesada, 'He'll cook Sue dinner or something, and she'll get over it.' Tony Stark attacked the US govt (Project Pegasus) and destroyed hardware (Guardsman armors) *they'd bought and paid for* from him, attacked fellow Avengers (Stingray, because, yes Tony, some marine biologist who has an exo-suit made out of electrified shark cartiledge clearly stole your tech to do so, even though your armor has nothing to do with ****ing electrified shark cartiledge!), and even invaded Russia and killed one of their super-agents (the second mutant Gremlin, who was wearing a Titanium Man suit), during the 'Armor Wars.' And then lied to the world and said that some other guy in his Iron Man suit did that, and, uh, he fired him, so... next question? Yikes.

Hank Pym and Wanda Maximoff seem to get defined by their worst written moment, by comparison. It's kind of strange, and suggests that Hank needs some really definitive stories to remember *other* than 'he slapped Janet once.'

Mighty Avengers, Avengers AI and Avengers Academy were moments when he was shown in a positive light. Yes, he was not a perfect person, he made bad decisions, but basically he is a good person.

But those comic books were not really important, so they didn't change much. Hank and Wanda's problem is the same, they are classic Avengers characters from when that meant "I'm not popular enough to have a series of my own." There are characters who have done much worse things than Hank but but having been more popular they have also had many more heroic moments.

The best way to "rehabilitate" the character would be a series with Nadia that explores their bipolarity problems. Humanize him more. Portray him in a father-daughter relationship similar to movies.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Has there been a cartoon series with Hank in it besides Earth's Mightiest Heroes (yay!) or Ultimate Universe (ugh)? Even a decent one shot episode?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)