Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 291
  1. #136
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If Slott's involved it will probably be good for Hank. Though who knows. Im pretty defeated when it comes to Pym at this point, so ya im also not getting my hopes up.
    Man, we've turned into a bunch of pessimists, myself included

    It's weird, I feel we should be so happy about this as fans, but somehow we just can't. Marvel broke us
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

    Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

    #givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

  2. #137
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Yet, as you mentioned, he looks nothing like Hank... maybe they'll get to fix a bit of things before the release. A Hank that's not blond looks really weird IMO. The beard doesn't bother me too much, but the short brown hair does. I do like the reference to his WCA years with the red jacket and the black t-shirt underneath.
    I always just expect him to look like EMH to be honest .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post


    I'm not sure what to think at this point... I just hope this means we'll FINALLY get Hank back by the end of this story!
    I'll be interested in this if it means we finally get the real Hank back and put this Pymtron plot to rest.

  3. #138
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Honestly I'm remaining cynical over this whole thing (and frankly wont post in the Ultron thread as to not potentially derail it), but they really did botch the whole thing didn't they?

    Hank Pym is about to go on a journey where he is wearing his pain and failure on his sleeve but finally is at some measure of peace with himself only to simply be Ultron. Like it wouldn't be that much of an issue if he only came back in Secret Empire, but the plot to get the Avengers to trust him via alien invasion which could potentially kill thousands if not millions is just bonkers. Then to have him come in and boast about not fighting his friends and lying about them to get them to work with each other is deep at first glance, but then that's exactly what he did when he came back. Meaning your big Hank Pym moment of Secret Empire with Ultron of all things being the most reasonable person in the room is undermined by hi being the same kind of asshole. And finally just ditching Hank Pym to some monster in the soul gem just kind of kills the dynamic (or whatever we had left) conclusively.

    Like I want to be happy he's back and might get fixed so we can put all this wasted potential behind us, but I'm not optimistic. Like either restore Hank Pym, or make Pymtron finally worth it. Because we didn't need to loose Hank so people could write Ultron.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  4. #139
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always just expect him to look like EMH to be honest .

    I'll be interested in this if it means we finally get the real Hank back and put this Pymtron plot to rest.
    Agreed. And hopefully see the return of Hank Pym as Yellowjacket.

  5. #140
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    Ok, but how would you feel if Hank came back and he looks just like the one in the video game for NO reason?

  6. #141
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Honestly I'm remaining cynical over this whole thing (and frankly wont post in the Ultron thread as to not potentially derail it), but they really did botch the whole thing didn't they?

    Hank Pym is about to go on a journey where he is wearing his pain and failure on his sleeve but finally is at some measure of peace with himself only to simply be Ultron. Like it wouldn't be that much of an issue if he only came back in Secret Empire, but the plot to get the Avengers to trust him via alien invasion which could potentially kill thousands if not millions is just bonkers. Then to have him come in and boast about not fighting his friends and lying about them to get them to work with each other is deep at first glance, but then that's exactly what he did when he came back. Meaning your big Hank Pym moment of Secret Empire with Ultron of all things being the most reasonable person in the room is undermined by hi being the same kind of asshole. And finally just ditching Hank Pym to some monster in the soul gem just kind of kills the dynamic (or whatever we had left) conclusively.

    Like I want to be happy he's back and might get fixed so we can put all this wasted potential behind us, but I'm not optimistic. Like either restore Hank Pym, or make Pymtron finally worth it. Because we didn't need to loose Hank so people could write Ultron.
    Yeah, they did botch it, so much so that different people reading the same story come out understanding different things. I hate when things get to be interpreted because of unclear storytelling or loose ends not threaded. Personally I disagree with your second paragraph since after reading everything that had Pymtron in it (including Infinity Countdown) I walk away with the impression that Hank was never truly in control, that it was Ultron all along - or at least a different Ultron, delusional to the point of thinking he was actually part Pym. I don't know if I'm right, I don't know if you're right, and I hate when this happens. So if this event could fix things once and for all, that would already be something.

    Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Ok, but how would you feel if Hank came back and he looks just like the one in the video game for NO reason?
    I'd be pissed beyond reason Hank does NOT look like Michael Fassbender.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

    Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

    #givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

  7. #142
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Yeah, they did botch it, so much so that different people reading the same story come out understanding different things. I hate when things get to be interpreted because of unclear storytelling or loose ends not threaded. Personally I disagree with your second paragraph since after reading everything that had Pymtron in it (including Infinity Countdown) I walk away with the impression that Hank was never truly in control, that it was Ultron all along - or at least a different Ultron, delusional to the point of thinking he was actually part Pym. I don't know if I'm right, I don't know if you're right, and I hate when this happens. So if this event could fix things once and for all, that would already be something.



    I'd be pissed beyond reason Hank does NOT look like Michael Fassbender.
    I have genuinely no idea if Ultron or Hank was delusional. Maybe this will give some measure of consistency? I don't know and I just want Hank back already.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  8. #143
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Ok, but how would you feel if Hank came back and he looks just like the one in the video game for NO reason?
    I think it's more likely they'd do a tie-in comic like they did with the PS4 Spider-Man game.

  9. #144
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always just expect him to look like EMH to be honest .

    I'll be interested in this if it means we finally get the real Hank back and put this Pymtron plot to rest.
    It's about Machine Man, not Ultron...

  10. #145
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's about Machine Man, not Ultron...
    Why is Ultron on the covers then?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

    Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

    #givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

  11. #146

  12. #147
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't know. But the solicit says it's Machine Man.
    Wait, what solicits

    edit: nevermind just saw it
    Last edited by Captain M; 06-13-2019 at 10:18 AM.

  13. #148
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's about Machine Man, not Ultron...
    Unless Ultron comes in later...

  14. #149
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless Ultron comes in later...
    Pulling the strings from behind the curtain, Ultron is revealed!

    Yeah, that'll be a real enlightening moment.

  15. #150
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,677

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •