Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The retcon is that people lied
    I hope when they do the Nadia & Hank reunion,they least acknowledge that Hank received the info that Maria died.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I want to say that Maria showed up in an englehart WCA as some kind of mutated creature. Her death was retconned and then she died?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The retcon is that people lied

Solo Avengers

The way I understood it when I read it was that SODAM wasn't Maria at all, and AIM was just playing Hank... I seem to remember reading later on (in WCA??) that it was said this wasn't Maria.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

With Peyton Reed returning for Ant-Man 3 and Michael Douglas confirming the start date of filming, I can't believe THAT's the only place we are getting some real Hank Pym actions these days...
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

It would be nice if real Hank is back in the comics by the time the next movie comes around.

I want to see AIM as villains in Ant-Man 3.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    It would be nice if real Hank is back in the comics by the time the next movie comes around.

I want to see AIM as villains in Ant-Man 3.
    Agreed on all of this .

Has anyone read Iron Man yet? What are the chances that Hank gets saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    I haven't yet, but I'm going to say (sadly) the chances are slim to none. And slim's outta town.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    I haven't yet, but I'm going to say (sadly) the chances are slim to none. And slim's outta town.
    Yes, I haven't read it either, but I'm not really counting on it.

If anything, the story will end like all the stories that have implicated Pymtron for the last four years: an ambiguous finale in which the readers are kept wondering if he's alive/dead/lost and that won't have a follow-up until months later, semi-respecting what has been written before by someone else.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

So I went through it quickly at the LCS... I'd say chances are none as of right now.

spoilers:
    Tony and especially Jan still talk about Ultron as though it was Hank, Simon and Vision have been de-fused without ever mentionning using the tech to try and save Hank (or defeat Ultron), and everybody is just focusing on saving Tony. Granted, it's an Iron Man book, but that's hardly a reason to discard anybody else that could need saving IMO. Jan still acts like she's had a life-long grudge against Hank for some obscure reason. She could very well be just acting like that because she knows it's actually Ultron, but she refers to it as "my ex" so... Tony does go at some point saying "Ultron - Hank, whoever you are..." but that's about it as far as the "who is he really?" kind of interrogation. I'm actually disappointed in how the characters act in this story, all this is very ambiguous from a reader's perspective, in regards of what the characters are really feeling or thinking.
    end of spoilers

So, as I said, unless there is some very hurried half-conclusion in the final chapter, this was not a story to bring Hank back, or even to move along the narrative for a potential return. It's an Iron Man book, so it's all about Tony.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

A nice poster gave me the idea (and the push ) to post a poll about your favorite costumed id for Hank!

If you are interested in voting, follow this link!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...y-for-Hank-Pym

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    The shoulders fins are fine when they're not drawn too big... what kind of peripheral vision can one have with those??
    LOL! I thought that was the reason why Pym attached those antennae things to his headgear.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-30-2019 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Had to go back quite a few pages to find this thread, as nothing has happened for a while... I saw that the last IM book was out but didn't read it. Anyone could fill me in as to whether or not my prediction for the outcome of the Ultron Agenda story is accurate?

If anything, the story will end like all the stories that have implicated Pymtron for the last four years: an ambiguous finale in which the readers are kept wondering if he's alive/dead/lost and that won't have a follow-up until months later, semi-respecting what has been written before by someone else.
    Since the thread hasn't bounced back to the first page, I gather Hank is still in limbo...

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Fantastic Member

Had to go back quite a few pages to find this thread, as nothing has happened for a while... I saw that the last IM book was out but didn't read it. Anyone could fill me in as to whether or not my prediction for the outcome of the Ultron Agenda story is accurate?

Since the thread hasn't bounced back to the first page, I gather Hank is still in limbo...
    He's imprisoned in a Vibranium cell reinforced with Asgardian runes and bindings

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Tony has a weapon capable of separating Hank and Ultron. He theorizes that Hank is gone and the Hank part of Ultron is just emotion and meat, essentially. Idk, I guess the idea of finding out he isn't a perfection fusion of Hank and Ultron is too much of an existential threat for Pymtron, so he surrenders. The lock him up in a Wakandan cell sealed with Asgardian magic.
    end of spoilers

I don't even understand it anymore. Pymtron isn't even as successful, interesting, or dangerous as Ultron. I don't know why even after all this time they're so intent with having him around just to work the same beats and have him look like a B-list villain.

iMan 42s

I think I'll echo the disappointment with Pymtron.
    What do you even get from this if we aren't going to examine the overlap or implication of Hank wearing his failures on his sleeve. Or at the very least Ultron realizing he has as much love to give and or good to do as Hank. Like if you're just going to play Ultron's greatest hits why not just use another Ultron because there's half a dozen of these things just laying about. You can always get another Ultron but the lengths they went to go all in on Hank and go nowhere with it is frustrating.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.