Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Has there been a cartoon series with Hank in it besides Earth's Mightiest Heroes (yay!) or Ultimate Universe (ugh)? Even a decent one shot episode?
    There is the Avengers United they stand cartoon,while its not the most popular Marvel cartoon,I would like to argue that gave an good version of Hank:he has self-doubts and can be a hardhead sometimes,but he is not a jerk,has a supportive relationship with Janet and does a good job leading the team.

Also,he makes an appearence in the underrated cartoon,Fantastic FOur World's Greatest Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Mago dos Gatos View Post
    There is the Avengers United they stand cartoon,while its not the most popular Marvel cartoon,I would like to argue that gave an good version of Hank:he has self-doubts and can be a hardhead sometimes,but he is not a jerk,has a supportive relationship with Janet and does a good job leading the team.

Also,he makes an appearence in the underrated cartoon,Fantastic FOur World's Greatest Heroes
    I agree with you about Avengers: United They Stand. I always thought it had potential, despite the few unsettling moments that cropped up now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Has there been a cartoon series with Hank in it besides Earth's Mightiest Heroes (yay!) or Ultimate Universe (ugh)? Even a decent one shot episode?
    Old Man Hank was in the Ant-Man animated shorts, and he was also in both Avengers animes...one as Giant-Man (Disk Wars) and one as Old Man Hank (Future Avengers).

Wally Wingert reprised him in the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Old Man Hank was in the Ant-Man animated shorts, and he was also in both Avengers animes...one as Giant-Man (Disk Wars) and one as Old Man Hank (Future Avengers).

Wally Wingert reprised him in the former.
    Do you know which episode was this?

They aged up Hank in Future Avengers? That's odd, because Janet wasn't (in fact, she's a main character).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They aged up Hank in Future Avengers? That's odd, because Janet wasn't (in fact, she's a main character).
    To be fair we don't exactly know if it was Janet or not. Her costume was clearly inspired by Hope's uncompleted costume at the post credits of Ant-Man but the personality is definitely Janet from what I watched. Plus the entire cast kind of carried over from Disk Wars so no reason to change Janet to Hope.

I think what they did was never really refer to her as Janet nor Hope. Any episode I watched they just call her Wasp

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Do you know which episode was this?
    Afraid not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    To be fair we don't exactly know if it was Janet or not. Her costume was clearly inspired by Hope's uncompleted costume at the post credits of Ant-Man but the personality is definitely Janet from what I watched. Plus the entire cast kind of carried over from Disk Wars so no reason to change Janet to Hope.

I think what they did was never really refer to her as Janet nor Hope. Any episode I watched they just call her Wasp
    I heard a clip from the Old Man Hank episode. I'm pretty sure he actually calls her Janet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I heard a clip from the Old Man Hank episode. I'm pretty sure he actually calls her Janet.
    That makes me very relieved, thank you!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I agree with you about Avengers: United They Stand. I always thought it had potential, despite the few unsettling moments that cropped up now and then.
    Yeah man.If you can get past some of the toy commercial parts,there is a decent show in there.All of the characterizations were good,in fact,I personally think it has the best version of Vision I have ever seen.

Extraordinary Member

This is from "History of the Marvel Universe #4:

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised, and pleasantly so. Since several writers recently have painted Hank in a negative light, through the opinions or actions of other characters, I wouldn't have thought they would brush on this particular part in such a clinical, non-judgmental way.

I don't often say this these days, but good job, Marvel.
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 10-19-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    This is from "History of the Marvel Universe #4:

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised, and pleasantly so. Since several writers recently have painted Hank in a negative light, through the opinions or actions of other characters, I wouldn't have thought they would brush on this particular part in such a clinical, non-judgmental way.

I don't often say this these days, but good job, Marvel.
    Keep in mind...this is Galactus and Franklin millions of years in the future...and the book is being presented as a "historical text" that hits on the "facts" of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It's weird that Hank's best costume is his Wasp get up in Mighty Avengers.

But yeah this was the run that made me a Hank Pym fan (it came out when i was getting into comics).

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's weird that Hank's best costume is his Wasp get up in Mighty Avengers.

But yeah this was the run that made me a Hank Pym fan (it came out when i was getting into comics).
    I did like the Wasp costume, both in itself and for the symbolism of why he took it (not to mention he's the only male superhero who has taken on the mantle of a female hero). But I think he did have a lot of cool costumes through the years. My favorite one is his Giant-Man suit that he had from Avengers Academy on to his death, and the blue and silver Goliath one from Busiek's (I think...) era. The blue and yellow one that Wanda had designed for him back in the days was nice also, as well as the red and bule variant. I'm probably in the minority, but his YJ suit is my least favorite, probably because of the shoulder fins I didn't care for the late 90s suit with bare arms and pockets, and the head thing. It just seemed all over the place.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Keep in mind...this is Galactus and Franklin millions of years in the future...and the book is being presented as a "historical text" that hits on the "facts" of the MU.
    I think it's the "mental illness flare" thing that I appreciated. They say this like one would say "multiple sclerosis flare" or "Crohn's disease flare" or "rhumatoid arthritis flare". In short, they treat the mental illness as any other illness, and that's ... I don't know... comforting, in a way. As someone who has to battle a mild mentall illness myself, I find it nice to finally see mental diseases being treated and acknowledged on par with physical ones.

I think I also like the fact that they tell the readers what occured, as I said, without any judgment, instead of telling them what they should think about it. I don't know if I make any sense here, but that's how I see it.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff