Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If Slott's involved it will probably be good for Hank. Though who knows. Im pretty defeated when it comes to Pym at this point, so ya im also not getting my hopes up.
    Man, we've turned into a bunch of pessimists, myself included

It's weird, I feel we should be so happy about this as fans, but somehow we just can't. Marvel broke us
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Yet, as you mentioned, he looks nothing like Hank... maybe they'll get to fix a bit of things before the release. A Hank that's not blond looks really weird IMO. The beard doesn't bother me too much, but the short brown hair does. I do like the reference to his WCA years with the red jacket and the black t-shirt underneath.
    I always just expect him to look like EMH to be honest .

I'm not sure what to think at this point... I just hope this means we'll FINALLY get Hank back by the end of this story!
    I'll be interested in this if it means we finally get the real Hank back and put this Pymtron plot to rest.

iMan 42s

Honestly I'm remaining cynical over this whole thing (and frankly wont post in the Ultron thread as to not potentially derail it), but they really did botch the whole thing didn't they?

Hank Pym is about to go on a journey where he is wearing his pain and failure on his sleeve but finally is at some measure of peace with himself only to simply be Ultron. Like it wouldn't be that much of an issue if he only came back in Secret Empire, but the plot to get the Avengers to trust him via alien invasion which could potentially kill thousands if not millions is just bonkers. Then to have him come in and boast about not fighting his friends and lying about them to get them to work with each other is deep at first glance, but then that's exactly what he did when he came back. Meaning your big Hank Pym moment of Secret Empire with Ultron of all things being the most reasonable person in the room is undermined by hi being the same kind of *******. And finally just ditching Hank Pym to some monster in the soul gem just kind of kills the dynamic (or whatever we had left) conclusively.

Like I want to be happy he's back and might get fixed so we can put all this wasted potential behind us, but I'm not optimistic. Like either restore Hank Pym, or make Pymtron finally worth it. Because we didn't need to loose Hank so people could write Ultron.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'll be interested in this if it means we finally get the real Hank back and put this Pymtron plot to rest.
    Agreed. And hopefully see the return of Hank Pym as Yellowjacket.

Mighty Member

Ok, but how would you feel if Hank came back and he looks just like the one in the video game for NO reason?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Honestly I'm remaining cynical over this whole thing (and frankly wont post in the Ultron thread as to not potentially derail it), but they really did botch the whole thing didn't they?

Hank Pym is about to go on a journey where he is wearing his pain and failure on his sleeve but finally is at some measure of peace with himself only to simply be Ultron. Like it wouldn't be that much of an issue if he only came back in Secret Empire, but the plot to get the Avengers to trust him via alien invasion which could potentially kill thousands if not millions is just bonkers. Then to have him come in and boast about not fighting his friends and lying about them to get them to work with each other is deep at first glance, but then that's exactly what he did when he came back. Meaning your big Hank Pym moment of Secret Empire with Ultron of all things being the most reasonable person in the room is undermined by hi being the same kind of *******. And finally just ditching Hank Pym to some monster in the soul gem just kind of kills the dynamic (or whatever we had left) conclusively.

Like I want to be happy he's back and might get fixed so we can put all this wasted potential behind us, but I'm not optimistic. Like either restore Hank Pym, or make Pymtron finally worth it. Because we didn't need to loose Hank so people could write Ultron.
    Yeah, they did botch it, so much so that different people reading the same story come out understanding different things. I hate when things get to be interpreted because of unclear storytelling or loose ends not threaded. Personally I disagree with your second paragraph since after reading everything that had Pymtron in it (including Infinity Countdown) I walk away with the impression that Hank was never truly in control, that it was Ultron all along - or at least a different Ultron, delusional to the point of thinking he was actually part Pym. I don't know if I'm right, I don't know if you're right, and I hate when this happens. So if this event could fix things once and for all, that would already be something.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Ok, but how would you feel if Hank came back and he looks just like the one in the video game for NO reason?
    I'd be pissed beyond reason Hank does NOT look like Michael Fassbender.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

iMan 42s

Yeah, they did botch it, so much so that different people reading the same story come out understanding different things. I hate when things get to be interpreted because of unclear storytelling or loose ends not threaded. Personally I disagree with your second paragraph since after reading everything that had Pymtron in it (including Infinity Countdown) I walk away with the impression that Hank was never truly in control, that it was Ultron all along - or at least a different Ultron, delusional to the point of thinking he was actually part Pym. I don't know if I'm right, I don't know if you're right, and I hate when this happens. So if this event could fix things once and for all, that would already be something.

I'd be pissed beyond reason Hank does NOT look like Michael Fassbender.
    I have genuinely no idea if Ultron or Hank was delusional. Maybe this will give some measure of consistency? I don't know and I just want Hank back already.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I think it's more likely they'd do a tie-in comic like they did with the PS4 Spider-Man game.

It's about Machine Man, not Ultron...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is Ultron on the covers then?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Don't know. But the solicit says it's Machine Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Don't know. But the solicit says it's Machine Man.
    Wait, what solicits

edit: nevermind just saw it
    Last edited by Captain M; 06-13-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Unless Ultron comes in later...

Unless Ultron comes in later...
    Pulling the strings from behind the curtain, Ultron is revealed!

Yeah, that'll be a real enlightening moment.