Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    But in this case it was Scott making the call--and clearly he was looking to pay forward the act of faith and generosity that Hank had shown towards him when he passed on the Ant-Man identity.
    Not that Scott is known for making good judgement calls, but his decisions with Raz probably ended up better then it should have on paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause it’s the most streamlined, and at this point Dr. Pym or Professor Pym is probably what people know him best as thanks to the movies. It’s just easier and clearer even to just refer to him as Dr. Henry Pym with how he’s jumped from so many identities, in addition to how many have taken over those identities. Superhero identities have kind of lost their purpose with him IMO. And his name itself is unique enough that i think it works. Plus it leaves them open to use Pym particles however one wants with him.
    I'm fine with Dr. Pym as long as they don't make him old.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I honestly think Giant Man should be a package deal with Ant-Man, since the world ANT is in the word GiANT. So he can be called Ant-Man when he's small to normal sized, and Ant-Man when he's big. Because there's no reason he should just shrink when he's Ant-Man and just grow when he's Giant Man.
    I don't think it's surprising that media adaptions combine Ant-Man and Giant-Man together but they've never really done that in the comics even when Ant-Man can grow big.

Thor Mighty Avenger #3 did it pretty well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's surprising that media adaptions combine Ant-Man and Giant-Man together but they've never really done that in the comics even when Ant-Man can grow big.
    Apart from in the IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN series. Eric O'Grady's original armour was called the "G.I.Ant-Man" armour, designed by Hank to be used by SHIELD for both shrinking and growing.

BANNED

Tales to Astonish #57 Jul 1964
    "On the Trail of the Amazing Spider-Man!"
    One morning, the Wasp arrives at Giant-Man's lab to find that Giant-Man has a surprise for her:
    A new weapon that fires compressed air. Each "wasp sting" has enough power to knock over objects.

Meanwhile, long time Giant-Man foe Egghead has decided that now is the time to launch his next attack against his enemy.
    Using a transmitter implanted in a nearby ant hill, Egghead uses it to transmit false messages about Spider-Man looking to attack Giant-Man.
    Deciding to get to the bottom of things, Giant-Man sends the Wasp to locate Spider-Man, but tells her not to attack him alone.
    However, when the Wasp finds Spider-Man swinging through the city she is compelled to attack him, but is soon trapped in his webbing.

Giant-Man soon arrives and the two heroes lock in a battle, while Egghead watches from a monitor at his hideout.

Hiring a gang of thugs, Egghead plots a robbery, starting by calling the police and informing them of the battle between Giant-Man and Spider-Man.
    While the police are distracted by the battle in the city's east end, Egghead plans his robbery of an armored car in the west end.
    Taking a rented truck, they soon run the armored car off the road and load it into the back of their specially rigged truck.

The police, Giant-Man, Wasp and Spider-Man soon realize they've all been tricked.

Using Giant-Man's spy ants to track Egghead's truck, the three heroes follow Egghead to his secret hideout near the docks.
    In spite of Spider-Man's and the Wasp's dislike for one another, the three heroes stop Egghead and defeat his gang of crooks.

With all the bad guys rounded up and their loot returned, the heroes part company.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Dick Ayers and Paul Reinman.

Awesome! Hank going toe to toe with Spidey! Plus he fought the Hulk too as a Giant-Man. Hank went toe to toe with the best. Those crossovers way back in the early to mid 60’s were the best.

So, now that Nadia knows that Ultron is going around doing bad stuff wearing her father's face, do you guys think something's going to be done with that fact? Or will the end of Nadia's book mean this thread will just be dropped and not be referrenced again?

Personally, I've always thought the entire baby Wasp book should have been about Nadia's search for her father, instead of what was written... It would have made more sense, considering meeting him was her number one motivation for escaping the Red Room...but hey, that's just me
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    So, now that Nadia knows that Ultron is going around doing bad stuff wearing her father's face, do you guys think something's going to be done with that fact? Or will the end of Nadia's book mean this thread will just be dropped and not be referrenced again?

Personally, I've always thought the entire baby Wasp book should have been about Nadia's search for her father, instead of what was written... It would have made more sense, considering meeting him was her number one motivation for escaping the Red Room...but hey, that's just me
    I'm not even sure what Marvel's overall plan with Pymtron is, if they even have one beyond what writers want to do.

I'm not even sure what Marvel's overall plan with Pymtron is, if they even have one beyond what writers want to do.
    I think Remender left marvel pretty close after that book came out, so whatever plans he might have had likely left with him.

He has of course shown up several times since then, but that hasn't quite done him any favors.

It's the feeling I get also. Not sure they actually have plans. Not even sure the writers who bring him up actually have plans. It's not like it led up to anything beyond his one-issue appereances in events lately.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Remender left marvel pretty close after that book came out, so whatever plans he might have had likely left with him.

He has of course shown up several times since then, but that hasn't quite done him any favors.
    I'm not sure Remender had plans beyond "let's turn Pym into a robot". I feel he left Marvel with a hot potato and ran.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Mighty Member

I really don't feel like Remender had any plans for Pymtron. The whole thing feels like the Kevin Smith story about Jon Peters and his obsession with giant mechanical spiders.

=Secret Avengers=
    Remender: "Let's turn Pym into a cyborg!"
    Editor: "Sounds Great Remmy Baby!"
    Literally Everyone Else: "...let's just ignore all of that. This never happened."

=Rage of Ultron=
    Editor: "You can do anything you want Big Rem!"
    Remender: "Anything?"
    Editor: "Anything!"
    Remender: "Let's turn Pym into a cyborg, AGAIN!"
    Editor: "Sounds great Remmy Baby!"
    Remender: "Try to ignore me this time, you fools! AND I'M OUT!"

Nadia now knows the truth about Hank. Could we finally be getting Pymtron resolution soon?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nadia now knows the truth about Hank. Could we finally be getting Pymtron resolution soon?
    Well... you can sort of say the whole Pymtron thing was resolved in Infinity Wars. Not necessarily resolved in the nicest way for poor Hank, but resolved nonetheless.

They're ignoring that.

Ultron Agenda isn't the final resolution for Pymtron, as the solicit says it's not him actually involved in the plot, but Machine Man.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-19-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm hoping for a Avengers 'No Surrender/No Road Home' type mini series to resolve the Pymtron stuff and bring Hank back but it seems unlikely.

if only there was a book involving the wasp and hank pym by a writer who did a stealth hank pym solo that was leading into a big event next year
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate