Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ultron Agenda isn't the final resolution for Pymtron, as the solicit says it's not him actually involved in the plot, but Machine Man.
    I saw that too. I find it funny though that they would use the name Ultron in the title, and make two variant covers with Pymtron on it. I mean I'm not up to date on Machine Man, but last time I saw him he didn't look like that. Plus the picture you posted clearly is a reference to the arc The Bride of Ultron. I guess we'll have to wait to see this arc in effect to see what it's really about.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    if only there was a book involving the wasp and hank pym by a writer who did a stealth hank pym solo that was leading into a big event next year
    That would be great.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I'm hoping for a Avengers 'No Surrender/No Road Home' type mini series to resolve the Pymtron stuff and bring Hank back but it seems unlikely.
    I can see it being a Champions arc myself... perhaps immediately following the Iron Man one, which Vision is involved in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I saw that too. I find it funny though that they would use the name Ultron in the title, and make two variant covers with Pymtron on it. I mean I'm not up to date on Machine Man, but last time I saw him he didn't look like that. Plus the picture you posted clearly is a reference to the arc The Bride of Ultron. I guess we'll have to wait to see this arc in effect to see what it's really about.
    That's how I saw it as well. I was also thinking they might be referencing Marvel Two-in-One #92 & #93.

That would be great.
    Agreed. That would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    That's how I saw it as well. I was also thinking they might be referencing Marvel Two-in-One #92 & #93.
    Refresh my memory... what was the story?

EDIT: I googled it
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 07-19-2019 at 05:49 PM.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Refresh my memory... what was the story?

EDIT: I googled it
    Glad to know you googled it.

Yeah, it's a nice little story with a sad ending. But, at least in the end, Ultron got what was coming to him.

Anyone post this yet?

It's been from a few months ago.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

[QUOTE=

Anyone post this yet?

It's been from a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Again?!
    I swear, what has the world against blond, blue-eyed actors? Even cyber one?
    Unless this is another "Hank" and not Hank Pym?

(No, I'm not blond/blonde or blue eyed and not personally pining to be. I just find these one-sided changes to character genetic material rather irritating.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Mighty Member

I just came here to say I love the term Pym Pals.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Anyone post this yet?

It's been from a few months ago.
    Does anyone else think that sounds like Alan Tudyk?

I really hope Hank isn't just a dude with a shrink ray.

I can't place his voice. It could be.

It'be cool if he's playable.

PS. My favorite costume for Hank was The Wasp from Mighty Avengers. Coincidentally that was my first Hank comic in the 616. My other first was Milar's run on Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Again?!
    I swear, what has the world against blond, blue-eyed actors? Even cyber one?
    Unless this is another "Hank" and not Hank Pym?

(No, I'm not blond/blonde or blue eyed and not personally pining to be. I just find these one-sided changes to character genetic material rather irritating.)
    Yay!! Finally someone who thinks the same way I do! Would it kill them to design all the characters the way they were originally created, even if it's from an alt-universe?

Not to mention this character looks way too much like Michael Fassbender IMO. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but it just looks strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I just came here to say I love the term Pym Pals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

To be frank, I thought the voices in the preview sounded pretty much the same for a lot of characters.

I hope he's going to be playable and part of the main storyline. And that they'll do something about the way he looks. I do like the outfit though, it reminds me of what Hank was wearing in Avengers A.I.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Worse? Just a dude with a shrink ray that was taken from Stark designs.

The only thing good about this 'Pym' is he isn't, say, the age of Michael Douglas. Nothing against Mr. Douglas, but I was so disappointed when the MCU decided to make Hank be played by an actor so old that the likelihood of us getting an actual Hank Pym movie is....not likely. I want Hank as an action figure out there either as Ant-Man, Giant-Man or even just as Hank Pym: Super Genius Scientist Inventor, saving the world/universe. Yeah, Scott is a good character too, but I find Pym so danged much more interesting even (or maybe because of) his personality quirks.

Heck, I'd settle for a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Hank was just really getting to be fun in that.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Worse? Just a dude with a shrink ray that was taken from Stark designs.

The only thing good about this 'Pym' is he isn't, say, the age of Michael Douglas. Nothing against Mr. Douglas, but I was so disappointed when the MCU decided to make Hank be played by an actor so old that the likelihood of us getting an actual Hank Pym movie is....not likely. I want Hank as an action figure out there either as Ant-Man, Giant-Man or even just as Hank Pym: Super Genius Scientist Inventor, saving the world/universe. Yeah, Scott is a good character too, but I find Pym so danged much more interesting even (or maybe because of) his personality quirks.

Heck, I'd settle for a continuation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Hank was just really getting to be fun in that.
    I think they made Hank older in the MCU mainly because he needed to have a daughter old enough to be Scott's love interest.

I love Michael Douglas, and honestly he's the only reason I came to terms with the fact that they went with an old man Pym for the movies. But yeah, that was disappointing to say the least. I liked Scott as Ant-Man, and honestly Hank hasn't been Ant-Man for so long... but I have to be honest and say that I would have preferred to see Hank as Giant-Man in the MCU. I think the two of them, being the same age, would have made for a fun friendship and interactions.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a great show, and I loved Hank in it I wish we had seen more of him in season two, and a season three.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I like Douglas as Hank in the MCU and I don't of mind older Hank Pym (although it would be nice if they didn't keep cutting out or cutting down scenes of younger Hank as Ant-Man in each movie).

The Quantum bridge can de-age people (as seen in Endgame) so if Marvel studios did want to de-age Hank and Janet (by casting younger actors in the roles some day then they could do that (although I don't think they have any desire to do that).

It seems that Christos Gage will take over from Zub co-writing the Ultron Agenda arc from Iron Man:

https://www.newsarama.com/46831-tony...co-writer.html

Zub confirmed it on his twitter, saying another big project from Marvel has come his way.

Now I like Zub a lot, but this news somehow brings me great joy! Gage used to write a terrific Hank, and I'm looking forward to see what will come up with Pymtron in that arc! (Still don't think there's any Hank left in there, but hopefully he won't be writing the other characters crapping on him... )

Thoughts?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff