Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can't even say he was a bad parent to Nadia either, as that wasn't his fault. He didn't know she existed. Either Unstoppable Wasp or Champions should resolve it soon though - both have planted seeds for Pym-Ultron's return.
    My money would be on Champions personally. Is it written by Jim Zub?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Yes. But he will also write Avengers No Road Home, which teased a midway reveal similar to the return of Hulk in No Surrender.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Yes. But he will also write Avengers No Road Home, which teased a midway reveal similar to the return of Hulk in No Surrender.
    It's Conan

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It's Conan
    You know, I've been thinking about that...

They teased, as in the first quote, "a reveal similar to the return of Hulk in No Surrender". And not too long after, they announced that Conan will be part of the fifth issue. Of course 1+1=2, and the mid-way point is obviously the fifth issue, so by deduction Conan is the surprise "return". But why would they go ahead and outright tell us who it is so long in advance? And does Conan's inclusion in the story really qualifies as something "like the return of Hulk in No Surrender"? I mean, I'm not the slightest familiar with Conan or his stories, so I don't know.

Maybe, just maaaaaaybe, Marvel is playing with us... As usual I'm not holding my breath, but you never know.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Pym has never been a parent to his knowledge
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Zub is effectively curating a whole line now. He keeps in contact with Jeremy Whitley, Eve Ewing, and Saladin Ahmed, the writers of Unstoppable Wasp, Ironheart, Miles Morales: Spider-Man and The Magnificent Ms. Marvel, making sure that the solo books fit in with Champions. As such, this Ultron plot could in fact be Zub and Whitley working in tandem. Whitley is also now co-writing Iron Man with Dan Slott, which could also be involved as Jocasta and Janet van Dyne both appear there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zub is effectively curating a whole line now. He keeps in contact with Jeremy Whitley, Eve Ewing, and Saladin Ahmed, the writers of Unstoppable Wasp, Ironheart, Miles Morales: Spider-Man and The Magnificent Ms. Marvel, making sure that the solo books fit in with Champions. As such, this Ultron plot could in fact be Zub and Whitley working in tandem. Whitley is also now co-writing Iron Man with Dan Slott, which could also be involved as Jocasta and Janet van Dyne both appear there.
    What I've read of Zub makes me hopeful. The fact that he keeps in contact with the other writers of the characters he's writing tells a lot about him as a writer. On the other hand I have absolutely no confidence in Whitley, but Zub being there conterbalances my apprehensions.

If, of course, something is brewing

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I was on Instagram today and saw some rumors about shows that Marvel could be doing for the Disney+ streaming service. There were rumors for instance of a Rocket and Groot series, a Nebula series, and also a Hank Pym prequel series.

I searched the Net for such rumors (the posts on IG were in Spanish... I think... I don't speak it ) but have found nothing. Has anybody here heard anything about those rumors? And wouldn't it be great if it were true?!?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I was on Instagram today and saw some rumors about shows that Marvel could be doing for the Disney+ streaming service. There were rumors for instance of a Rocket and Groot series, a Nebula series, and also a Hank Pym prequel series.

I searched the Net for such rumors (the posts on IG were in Spanish... I think... I don't speak it ) but have found nothing. Has anybody here heard anything about those rumors? And wouldn't it be great if it were true?!?
    Out of all the Disney+ rumors I have read, I have yet to read about a Ant-Man/Wasp prequel series...but I would totally be down for one .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Out of all the Disney+ rumors I have read, I have yet to read about a Ant-Man/Wasp prequel series...but I would totally be down for one .
    Yes, I searched the Net too, and couldn't find any rumors about either an Ant-Man and the Wasp series, or just an Hank Pym one (like the Spanish rumor in IG said). But it would be so nice to have a prequel series filling in the gap between the first Cap movie and the Agent Carter series, and the Capt. Marvel one (that supposedly takes place in the 90s). There's a whoe gap there just waiting to be filled, and I for one would looooove it

EDIT: I found this link, it,s the first time I read about it other than on IG without any source.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/01...entry-tv-show/

It appears the rumor originated on 4chan and I have no idea how reliable it is...
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 01-15-2019 at 03:56 PM.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

An Eighties Ant-Man and Wasp prequel series featuring Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Bill Foster, Peggy Carter, Howard Stark and (Elias Starr) Egghead would be cool. I think it is unlikely though as digitally de-aging Douglas and co for a whole series would be expensive. It is also unlikely they would recast with younger actors.

If we did get Hank and Janet Disney show then I think it would most likely take place in the present day (aka post-Endgame).

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    An Eighties Ant-Man and Wasp prequel series featuring Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Bill Foster, Peggy Carter, Howard Stark and (Elias Starr) Egghead would be cool. I think it is unlikely though as digitally de-aging Douglas and co for a whole series would be expensive. It is also unlikely they would recast with younger actors.

If we did get Hank and Janet Disney show then I think it would most likely take place in the present day (aka post-Endgame).
    I don't know, they did it for Howard Stark. Granted, he was a minor character in IM2 at first, but still... I don't see why they wouldn't.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I don't know, they did it for Howard Stark. Granted, he was a minor character in IM2 at first, but still... I don't see why they wouldn't.
    The way Feige and Reed talk about Douglas and Pfeiffer in the roles makes it sound like they aren't that open to recasting them. They digitally de-aged them in the movies instead of just casting younger actors (besides the stand ins). The only way the recast would work is if it takes place pre-eighties since that is the time period before we see them. There is nearly a quarter of a century gap between Cooper's Howard Stark and Slattery's version which makes it seem possible they are the same person.

Let's also remember Pfeiffer and Douglas are going to be in Endgame and even more movies after that, at least one more.

Something tells me other characters who are getting Disney+ tv shows(Wanda, Vision, Loki) won't be in movies going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    The way Feige and Reed talk about Douglas and Pfeiffer in the roles makes it sound like they aren't that open to recasting them. They digitally de-aged them in the movies instead of just casting younger actors (besides the stand ins). The only way the recast would work is if it takes place pre-eighties since that is the time period before we see them. There is nearly a quarter of a century gap between Cooper's Howard Stark and Slattery's version which makes it seem possible they are the same person.
    Yes, I think you're right. I was thinking more along the lines of a prequel set maybe in the 70s, where it's much easier to cast younger actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Let's also remember Pfeiffer and Douglas are going to be in Endgame and even more movies after that, at least one more.

Something tells me other characters who are getting Disney+ tv shows(Wanda, Vision, Loki) won't be in movies going forward.
    I haven't heard about them being in more movies, this is great news!!

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff