Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    spoilers:
    Tony has a weapon capable of separating Hank and Ultron. He theorizes that Hank is gone and the Hank part of Ultron is just emotion and meat, essentially. Idk, I guess the idea of finding out he isn't a perfection fusion of Hank and Ultron is too much of an existential threat for Pymtron, so he surrenders. The lock him up in a Wakandan cell sealed with Asgardian magic.
    end of spoilers

I don't even understand it anymore. Pymtron isn't even as successful, interesting, or dangerous as Ultron. I don't know why even after all this time they're so intent with having him around just to work the same beats and have him look like a B-list villain.
    spoilers:
    It should be noted that when they're separated, the human side dies, meaning they're already dead when turned into a cyborg. Vision and Wonder Man only survived because Simon's no longer human (he's a pure energy being these days) and Vision has phasing powers, and Tony only survived because his body is an artificial clone and not flesh and blood. All the other cyborgs when separated became corpses and scrap metal.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Tony/the avengers could just clone another Pym body and transfer his consciousness if they think he is in Pymtron as has been done before with other characters like War Machine, Tony, Steve Rogers, ect. The X-Men have found a way to resurrect thousands of mutants (even villains) and it seems like the Avengers really don't put as much effort into protecting/helping their own members a lot of the time.

I agree the whole Pymtron thing hasn't really lived up to its potential. The reaction from most of the heroes towards Pymtron hasn't been much. There hasn't really been a strong emotional reaction to Ultron being merged with Hank's animated corpse from his friends, lovers or colleagues. Pymtron is still just Hank and Ultron's worst traits being focused on the Avengers but without any major effect. Mostly we have just seen Pymtron berating the Avengers and Tony berating Pymtron back.

Ultimate Member

Pym's been size-changing for ages, and every time he shrinks to small enough to ride on an ant's back, 99.9% of his brain gets sent off to wherever all the extra meat goes (and the extra meat-mass comes from, when he grows to sixty feet tall). Not to 'do you guys just put quantum in front of everything' here, but there's pretty much got to be a quantum echo of his brain left over in whatever that place is, by now. His brain has been imprinted on that medium for years, off and on.

Tease those 'memories' or 'engrams' out of the surrounding stata, and it should be downloadable into a meat-body clone, either one grown in a lab the 'old-fashioned way' (like how Reed and Tony grew that clone of Thor...), or one made entirely from the 'meat-mass' of whatever place Pym gets his extra meat-mass from anyway (making it a one-stop solution, with body a new body *and* the 'residual quantum imprint' of his mind, coming from the same place, one, fittingly enough, entirely based on Pym-tech. and not anything to do with some other people's crazy comic-book pseudo-science).

Pretty much everything involved is in his wheelhouse already. He's been growing tons of his own extra mass for years. He's encoded memory engrams of himself and transferred them into Ultron. He's just got to be in a place, narratively, where all these ingredients can come together and make soup.

And, yanno, have writers / editorial who *want* him back...

That's the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Pym's been size-changing for ages, and every time he shrinks to small enough to ride on an ant's back, 99.9% of his brain gets sent off to wherever all the extra meat goes (and the extra meat-mass comes from, when he grows to sixty feet tall). Not to 'do you guys just put quantum in front of everything' here, but there's pretty much got to be a quantum echo of his brain left over in whatever that place is, by now. His brain has been imprinted on that medium for years, off and on.

Tease those 'memories' or 'engrams' out of the surrounding stata, and it should be downloadable into a meat-body clone, either one grown in a lab the 'old-fashioned way' (like how Reed and Tony grew that clone of Thor...), or one made entirely from the 'meat-mass' of whatever place Pym gets his extra meat-mass from anyway (making it a one-stop solution, with body a new body *and* the 'residual quantum imprint' of his mind, coming from the same place, one, fittingly enough, entirely based on Pym-tech. and not anything to do with some other people's crazy comic-book pseudo-science).

Pretty much everything involved is in his wheelhouse already. He's been growing tons of his own extra mass for years. He's encoded memory engrams of himself and transferred them into Ultron. He's just got to be in a place, narratively, where all these ingredients can come together and make soup.

And, yanno, have writers / editorial who *want* him back...

That's the hard part.
    why go that far? we already saw his digital heaven in the Ant-Man & the Wasp mini. there's a downloadable Pym somewhere in that cybernetic helmet or one of the old labs. he purposely backed himself up. it would still be what Tony Stark is now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Unfortunately, that place would be his own self from another time, according to Ms. Marvel. When she shrinks, the extra matter goes to herself in another time when she grows. When she grows, the matter is taken from a time when she shrinks. While Kamala has that ability innately, the same principle probably applies to all the Pym Particle users.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    spoilers:
    Tony has a weapon capable of separating Hank and Ultron. He theorizes that Hank is gone and the Hank part of Ultron is just emotion and meat, essentially. Idk, I guess the idea of finding out he isn't a perfection fusion of Hank and Ultron is too much of an existential threat for Pymtron, so he surrenders. The lock him up in a Wakandan cell sealed with Asgardian magic.
    end of spoilers

I don't even understand it anymore. Pymtron isn't even as successful, interesting, or dangerous as Ultron. I don't know why even after all this time they're so intent with having him around just to work the same beats and have him look like a B-list villain.
    And so this nonsense continues .

Tony... probably wouldn't have been the best bet for someone who cares about Hank and wants to bring him back anyway. Their relationship hasn't seemed particularly good in most of the recent comics I've read. It'd need to be someone else he's friends with, but I don't know how willing Marvel would be to acknowledge Hank's positive relationships.

Thanks for the heads-up, guys. I wasn't expecting much from this storyline in terms of getting Hank back.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, that place would be his own self from another time, according to Ms. Marvel. When she shrinks, the extra matter goes to herself in another time when she grows. When she grows, the matter is taken from a time when she shrinks. While Kamala has that ability innately, the same principle probably applies to all the Pym Particle users.
    Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman, and it probably works differently for her. It's been stated loooong ago that Pym Particles attract or send mass from and to the Kosmos dimension. I have no idea if it's been retconned, but that was the official explanation.

All that we know concerning Hank right now is that his soul (his "self"??) has been yanked free from Ultron and trapped into Soul World, inside the soul gem, and that it was devoured by Devondra, a creature that lived in there. I have no idea what happened to that creature, or honestly what happens to the souls she devours. Is there another dimension inside it? Are the souls turned into nothingness? I don't think there's such a thing as nothingness in the Marvel universe... there's always another world, another dimension, another state of matter or energy.... any decent writer with a bit of imagination could do something decent with this. Plus, spoilers:
    isn't there a storyline right now in Capt. Marvel where they stated that SHIELD had been "growing" clones of the Avengers in a secret compound or something?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 12-20-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bito Wladon View Post
    Tony... probably wouldn't have been the best bet for someone who cares about Hank and wants to bring him back anyway. Their relationship hasn't seemed particularly good in most of the recent comics I've read. It'd need to be someone else he's friends with, but I don't know how willing Marvel would be to acknowledge Hank's positive relationships.
    Depends on the writer. I've read stories where Tony and Hank were written as friends and colleagues, easily and happily working together. Even Bendis wrote Tony calling Hank his "very good friend" - I suppose that's quite something for Tony to say

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And so this nonsense continues .
    ... been going on for almost five years at this point...

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Any thoughts on the Yellowjacket that is slated to appear in Marauders #9? Think there will be any connection to Hank at all?

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN200853

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    Any thoughts on the Yellowjacket that is slated to appear in Marauders #9? Think there will be any connection to Hank at all?

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN200853
    Isn't Darren Cross now Yellowjacket in the comics also?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Yes, since Spencer's Astonishing Ant-Man.

BANNED

Ant-Man Theory Suggests Honey I Shrunk The Kids Is the Reason Hank Pym Keeps Lying to Everyone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b21LVTjHmY

Okay, so, what is everyone's favorite broship for Hank? Personally I kind of enjoy his interactions with Clint, but I wanna hear other people's opinions. Also, which characters do you want him to team-up with/have solo interactions with more often, because I wish he spent more time around Steve.