Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I finally saw Endgame!! Lucky for me cause it seems that there was an embargo on spoilers on social media and it has been lifted! Out of respect though, I'll continue to post with the spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    spoilers:

Perhaps Marvel will bring him back after five years j/k

They have a way to de-age Hank and Janet if they want now if they want to do Disney plus show with them.

It was cool to see seventies Pym. I would of thought he would of better secured his Pym particles in his lab given how paranoid he is about them being stolen in the MCU. I guess he thought no one would try to steal them off a Shield/military base.

It was a shame we never got to see him interact with Tony. We could still see more of his interaction with Howard in flashbacks in any possible movies though
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Since it's been more than four years since Rage of Ultron, your wish of bringing him back after five years would leave us with less than a year to wait... not that bad

I agree it was cool to see 70s Pym! Such a small detail, but they could have given him lighter hair, much like Michael Douglas himself had when he was young, and it would have been a nice nod to the comics. The classic helmet was a superb easter egg for fans!!

Maybe his paranoia about the Pym particles being stolen came from that very scene... he saw that even in a SHIELD facility he could get them stolen so he started being more paranoid about it.

I would have loved to see him interact with Tony. The fact that he went to his funeral speaks volumes to me. He probably realized that he had judged him solely based on his father's doing, and since Tony not only was able to adapt his quantum tech to move through time and literally save the world, thus saving his life and that of his wife and daughter, it must have weighed in the balance. Although I don't think we'll see Douglas's Pym or Pfeiffer's Janet again, it's a nice comfort to know they're still alive and well, and will be able to grow old together.

I saw a comment on IG or Tumblr saying that for the first time we had all original comic book Avengers on screen at the same time and kept waiting for it, but it never happened. The closest we got was Tony's funeral... but Tony wasn't really there They were all in the same movie, yes, but not on screen together. I guess they were talking about code names rather than people. Muggles.

I'm still hoping for a classic Ant-Man and the Wasp tv show at some point, even though I don't think it's going to happen.

end of spoilers
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Looks like it is going to be Scott Lang in the upcoming Nintendo game. At least Wasp looks like Janet. Weird.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Looks like it is going to be Scott Lang in the upcoming Nintendo game. At least Wasp looks like Janet. Weird.
    Well, Scott is Ant-Man after all. And Hank is dead, so it's logical I suppose. Glad to see Jan getting acknowledged and not tossed aside for baby Wasp.

I had hopes for Hank because of the last Lego Marvel game, where they included a costume-accurate Goliath lego figure, but nothing came out of that.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

"Baby Wasp"? Seeing Nadia used would be lucky too. Stuff like this usually uses Hope.

And anyway, we only know the starting roster. There's bound to be DLC. Adding either Nadia, Hope, or Cassie Lang would be very easy, since they could share Janet's moveset. Same for X-23 and Wolverine, or Scarlet Spider and Spider-Man. Or, indeed, Hank Pym and Scott Lang.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-17-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Well, Scott is Ant-Man after all. And Hank is dead, so it's logical I suppose. Glad to see Jan getting acknowledged and not tossed aside for baby Wasp.

I had hopes for Hank because of the last Lego Marvel game, where they included a costume-accurate Goliath lego figure, but nothing came out of that.
    It was weird that they made a big deal shipping the Deluxe Edition with his Lego figure, but at least he did show up here and there as background comic relief, and became playable towards the end of the story.

However, he was already in Ultimate Alliance universe. In the first game, he was an NPC that briefly helped you out in the story. In the second game, he was on the Pro-Registration side and gave the other side a giant Yellowjacket boss fight. If the Nintendo game follows the continuity of its predecessors, he should still be around.

These days though, they don’t distinguish Ant-Man and Giant-Man much. The poster has the MCU Ant-Man design but it is also giant.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 05-17-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "Baby Wasp"? Seeing Nadia used would be lucky too. Stuff like this usually uses Hope.

And anyway, we only know the starting roster. There's bound to be DLC. Adding either Nadia, Hope, or Cassie Lang would be very easy, since they could share Janet's moveset. Same for X-23 and Wolverine, or Scarlet Spider and Spider-Man. Or, indeed, Hank Pym and Scott Lang.
    Hope and/or Nadia would probably be Janet's alternate costumes. I do hope they have a comicbook Jan look too. Maybe her original costume

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post

I'd love it if one of Scott's alt costumes is a Hank skin with a Wally Wingert voice, but I know that's not happening .
    Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    These days though, they don’t distinguish Ant-Man and Giant-Man much. The poster has the MCU Ant-Man design but it is also giant.
    I wonder if that's something EMH coined that Scott's now benefiting from.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love it if one of Scott's alt costumes is a Hank skin with a Wally Wingert voice, but I know that's not happening .

I wonder if that's something EMH coined that Scott's now benefiting from.
    Fun fact: when I read stories with Hank, I "hear" Wally Wingert's voice in my head

Even back in the days in the comics, Hank had both gone small and big, whether he was Giant-Man, Goliath or Yellowjacket (never saw him go big as the Wasp, except when he went to meet Eternity). His name didn't change though, contrary to EMH, as you mentioned. In the comics, Scott had always said he never found himself comfortable when going big, and that he preffered to stay small, as Ant-Man. Considering the Ant-Man and the Wasp franchise is the one that strayed the most away from main comics canon in all the MCU, I'm not surprised too much that Scott is benefiting of the dual codename/powerset. Not saying this is a bad thing in itself, Scott is an interesting character, but it does leave nothing for Hank. I just hope the same won't happen in the comics, if he ever is to come back.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    dead and even his soul has been consumed. So possibly double dead
    Yikes that's a shame.

I'm embarrassed that I was gonna come here and nonchalantly ask where can I catch up on what Hanks been up too? fo'shame on me.

What happened? not the trapped as pymtron in a atom of the sun thing? That didn't consume his soul. I've zoned out more than I thought.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-03-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Yikes that's a shame.

I'm embarrassed that I was gonna come here and nonchalantly ask where can I catch up on what Hanks been up too? fo'shame on me.

What happened? not the trapped as pymtron in a atom of the sun thing? That didn't consume his soul. I've zoned out more than I thought.
    His soul got absorbed by the Soul Stone just leaving Ultron and got devoured by Devondra in Infinity Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    His soul got absorbed by the Soul Stone just leaving Ultron and got devoured by Devondra in Infinity Countdown
    Oh ****, that does sound ..... um..... brutal.

But ....... maybe his predicament could get a story written of an adventure for a team to rescue him, granted, seemingly a suicide mission but one hell of a venture.

Cheers for the quick response HipHopAvenger

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Oh ****, that does sound ..... um..... brutal.

But ....... maybe his predicament could get a story written of an adventure for a team to rescue him, granted, seemingly a suicide mission but one hell of a venture.

Cheers for the quick response HipHopAvenger
    Considering Hank's history, if ever there is a chance of him being rescued, he'd probably do it on his own. I don't feel he can count on anybody to come and help him... they all decided he was dead anyway.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Mighty Member

Tbh, that actually sounds great to me. Hank saving himself, fighting his way back from semi-non-existence. Hank hangs out with abstracts enough not to go mad the way Absorbing Man was starting to in Academy. During Hickman's run, it was Hank that traveled the universe and witnessed all the crazy universal destruction and the fall of the universes biggest entities. I know not everyone will buy it, but I would totally be sold on Hank figuring it out himself in some kind of cosmic drama.

It would make more sense to me, and be far more interesting, than Legion's random unexplained return after erasing himself from existence.

Every time I see this thread get bumped, I pray its news on Hank returning.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Tbh, that actually sounds great to me. Hank saving himself, fighting his way back from semi-non-existence. Hank hangs out with abstracts enough not to go mad the way Absorbing Man was starting to in Academy. During Hickman's run, it was Hank that traveled the universe and witnessed all the crazy universal destruction and the fall of the universes biggest entities. I know not everyone will buy it, but I would totally be sold on Hank figuring it out himself in some kind of cosmic drama.

It would make more sense to me, and be far more interesting, than Legion's random unexplained return after erasing himself from existence.
    I completely agree with you. It would be accurate to his character to figure it out by himself. I personally would be very happy if there was a story somewhere down the line where Hank literally saves himself. I actually would be kinda disappointed if someone else would come to save him. He's one of the most resourceful individuals in the Marvel Universe. It would only be fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    Every time I see this thread get bumped, I pray its news on Hank returning.
    I'm somewhat of an optimist, so I'd say don't give up hope, friend!

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff