Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I like Timothee for Wiccan, but I guess Bobby would be cool. Honestly I think it's not hard to cast for Bobby at all. Any cute white guy can work. I guess the big thing is what age would they go for.
    I can see him for Billy as well but I don't think we're ever going to get his character on the big screen. Maybe the Disney + streaming service.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Timothee is too pretty, and not DORK enough.
    Bobby is supposed to be younger and on the prettier side compared to Scott, Hank and Angel.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bobby is supposed to be younger and on the prettier side compared to Scott, Hank and Angel.
    Warren and Scott are on the prettier "heartthrob" side, Bobby is on the cute/adorkable side.

If we are talking about young Oscar nominated actors, Lucas Hedges would fit Bobby better than Chalamet (sp?). He's also come out as being on the spectrum, so that's great.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Warren and Scott are on the prettier "heartthrob" side, Bobby is on the cute/adorkable side.

If we are talking about young Oscar nominated actors, Lucas Hedges would fit Bobby better than Chalamet (sp?). He's also come out as being on the spectrum, so that's great.
    You're right about Bobby being more cute than handsome, I think Bobby should be a few years younger than the other O5, so that you would still feel something childish about him. I have no opinion about the actor looking or being "gay enough", Bobby didn't look gay, he didn't know he was. And I think it's a discovery we should see onscreen.

I'm going to say it here; but I think Iceman's coming out, solo, etc is possible the only thing that made the X-Men relevant from Bendis run to Hickmans run.

Don't get me wrong; there were a few other good ideas or stories; but that seems to be the only thing that is noteworthy long term.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm going to say it here; but I think Iceman's coming out, solo, etc is possible the only thing that made the X-Men relevant from Bendis run to Hickmans run.

Don't get me wrong; there were a few other good ideas or stories; but that seems to be the only thing that is noteworthy long term.
    You're not wrong.

I'm sure there are those that will contend that Beast and Psylocke's transformations are significant, but those are transforming characters. Bobby's sexuality retcon is the biggest change to the status quo.

You're not wrong.

I'm sure there are those that will contend that Beast and Psylocke's transformations are significant, but those are transforming characters. Bobby's sexuality retcon is the biggest change to the status quo.
    Beast's transformation?

Psylocke going back to her body is a been there done that. Talk about a convoluted character.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Beast's transformation back from a cat into an ape.

The only two things that have really kept the X-Men relevant in the past few years have been Bobby coming out and Jean coming back to life. That's literally it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Beast's and Psylocke's most recent transformations were purely aesthetic and had little impact on the characters and none on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Beast's and Psylocke's most recent transformations were purely aesthetic and had little impact on the characters and none on the line.
    Agreed. Plus Beast was like YEARS ago and not really in the time frame I was mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Beast's transformation back from a cat into an ape.

The only two things that have really kept the X-Men relevant in the past few years have been Bobby coming out and Jean coming back to life. That's literally it.
    Yep Jean. Lol I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Agreed. Plus Beast was like YEARS ago and not really in the time frame I was mentioning.
    Bendis having Beast bring the O5 into the future kind of started the Bendis era right?
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-18-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Yep Jean. Lol I forgot about that.

Bendis having Beast bring the O5 into the future kind of started the Bendis era right?
    Yes, completely a Bendis idea and burden on the franchise. While it's certainly notable, it a cheap and temporary relevance. Not like Iceman's outing which has long term ramifications and expands the metaphor and mythology. But the time period I'm really meaning in the IvX, Extraordinary, Gold, etc.

All-New Member

UX #24.jpg
    Damn, I really miss Ultimate Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMaster View Post
    UX #24.jpg
    Damn, I really miss Ultimate Bobby.
    Um, what? what was going on here?

Say-- What video games has Iceman been part of in the past 10 years? Is he part of the latest Ultimate Marvel for Wii? What about these other recent games like Strike Force? or Contest of Champions
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 07-04-2019 at 02:47 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think everyone's in Strike Force and CoC.
    "Cable was right!"