Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You don't have to be "x" statistic to write a good character. Sina's version of Iceman divides fans...even gay fans.

I'd rather see a gay writer given the flagship title than another C list solo. It'd have more meaning.
    LOL. We get it, you don't like Sina. I never said you had to be a statistic to write a good character. I support queer creators getting work, especially in fields where there aren't many. I'd like Sina or another queer writer to get on a flagship title as well.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

You don't have to be "x" statistic to write a good character. Sina's version of Iceman divides fans...even gay fans.

I'd rather see a gay writer given the flagship title than another C list solo. It'd have more meaning.
    Peak homophobia was when 100% of gay characters were written by straight dudes. Who wants that again.

Anyway, Sina Grace for Uncanny!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You mean more straight?
    Maybe?

Iceman's closeted history is a significant part of his identity. It was the entire subtext of the "ignoring his full potential" storylines he had these past decades. You can't get the "accepting himself for who he is" superheroic act without first showing some hesitancy and awkwardness. I think there's character and comedy to be had from Bobby LEARNING about gay things as though those things are his mutant powers. Because for many of us, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I'm on board for that. Let's shuffle the cards and burn the past.

Man, think of what Sina could do now with more characters and someone somewhat resembling a lead editor.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Peak homophobia was when 100% of gay characters were written by straight dudes. Who wants that again.

You mean now and always has been? Because straight white male writers are still the majority. So every time a fan uses back issues of something to say "this is how my fav character should look/act" it was more than likely by a straight dude.

I don't know what books you're reading that are so overt with homophobia.

You mean now and always has been? Because straight white male writers are still the majority. So every time a fan uses back issues of something to say "this is how my fav character should look/act" it was more than likely by a straight dude.

I don't know what books you're reading that are so overt with homophobia.
    I don't want straight white male writers to be the majority.

I didn't just mean comic books (but making Northstar a fairy and giving him fairy AIDS was particularly tacky).

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Maybe?

Iceman's closeted history is a significant part of his identity. It was the entire subtext of the "ignoring his full potential" storylines he had these past decades. You can't get the "accepting himself for who he is" superheroic act without first showing some hesitancy and awkwardness. I think there's character and comedy to be had from Bobby LEARNING about gay things as though those things are his mutant powers. Because for many of us, they are.

what Dude? Him being gay is a Mutant power to you?what gay things should he be learning about? You think when gehe was in the closet he had Grindr on his phone? Cause you'll be wrong they all do lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    what Dude? Him being gay is a Mutant power to you?what gay things should he be learning about? You think when gehe was in the closet he had Grindr on his phone? Cause you'll be wrong they all do lol
    You and I have entirely different kinds of conversations.

I seriously have to ask this...but how has Bobby not be going slowly into gay culture? He's not exactly been rushing in and becoming an expert overnight.

I think Grace does quite a bit with Iceman learning queer culture and it has been quite fun. At least I think Grace is doing as much as he can. Look at the backlash the comic got on here for one ironic "yas queen."

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    You and I have entirely different kinds of conversations.
    Not surprising we're 2 different people, but can you expand on what you meant about the Mutant power thing?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

He meant for real people being LGBT is kinda like being a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He meant for real people being LGBT is kinda like being a mutant.
    lol lawd...

It's the mutant power of not caring about heterosexual silliness.

I don't want straight white male writers to be the majority.

I didn't just mean comic books (but making Northstar a fairy and giving him fairy AIDS was particularly tacky).
    Yup. And Mantlo claiming after the fact that he wanted to kill Northstar off via actual AIDS because it would have been respectful and nuanced treatment of the character was worse. And, I suspect, horseshit given that he came onto Alpha Flight saying Northstar wouldn't be around long.