Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That cover is amazing, I almost forgot how much I enjoyed that issue
    Yeah. I miss GS writing Bobby. Oh well, at least his work has left an impact on Duggan's current Marauders.

Extraordinary Member

I am still catching up on Xmen stuff, what books focus on bobby,
    and when does he and all the other xmen chracter get told they are gay

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I am still catching up on Xmen stuff, what books focus on bobby,
    and when does he and all the other xmen chracter get told they are gay
    All New X-Men #41/Uncanny X-Men #600 is when it's revealed that he's gay. Most X-Men finding out happened off-panel during the gap from that to post-Secret Wars. He showed up on Extraordinary X-Men during that and All New X-Men for the teen version, then the adult version got his solo and the teen showed up on X-Men Blue. Extermination for the teen one going back to the past, and now Marauders is where he's at.

That's all for Iceman in the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    All New X-Men #41/Uncanny X-Men #600 is when it's revealed that he's gay. Most X-Men finding out happened off-panel during the gap from that to post-Secret Wars. He showed up on Extraordinary X-Men during that and All New X-Men for the teen version, then the adult version got his solo and the teen showed up on X-Men Blue. Extermination for the teen one going back to the past, and now Marauders is where he's at.

That's all for Iceman in the past 4 years.
    You forgot X-men Gold which actually acknowledges his sexuality. Uncanny X-men v5 and Age of X-man: The Extremists also feature him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You forgot X-men Gold which actually acknowledges his sexuality. Uncanny X-men v5 and Age of X-man: The Extremists also feature him
    I totally forgot about all those lol. Though in Gold he was only there for a really short time, it's not really that relevant(and Disassembled. Did he do anything there?).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I totally forgot about all those lol. Though in Gold he was only there for a really short time, it's not really that relevant(and Disassembled. Did he do anything there?).
    To be fair, i think he did more in Gold than he did in the entirety of Extraordinary. Gold pick up where his solo ended as we got to see him pick a team of X-men to lead (which he officially does for the first time). He has a ONS with Pyro which is his first same sex hookup on panel.

He has as much to do in Disassembled as everyone else but he is one of the featured main X-men and is used throughout the event. His banter with Bishop was kind of fun. AoX ultimately was filler but we did get some decent characterization in there

So I was reading the winter's end one shot and I have a question. So Icemerlin Bobby was like really fucking old like at least a 100. And still kicking so I'm wondering does Bobby like have a wolverine thing where his aging is semi slowed down? Is this an established lesser mutation? Or did I just read it wrong and Icemerlin wasn't really that old?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So I was reading the winter's end one shot and I have a question. So Icemerlin Bobby was like really fucking old like at least a 100. And still kicking so I'm wondering does Bobby like have a wolverine thing where his aging is semi slowed down? Is this an established lesser mutation? Or did I just read it wrong and Icemerlin wasn't really that old?
    He's not 100. The BOTA timeline is only like 15-20 years in the future. If he didnt have that superlong beard and was covered in ice, he likely wouldnt have looked so old

He's not 100. The BOTA timeline is only like 15-20 years in the future. If he didnt have that superlong beard and was covered in ice, he likely wouldnt have looked so old
    Okay thank you IDK why they kept emphasizing he'd been alive a long, long, long time.

Okay thank you IDK why they kept emphasizing he'd been alive a long, long, long time.
    The future Ice Master version of Iceman didn't come back from the BOTA point in time in Winter's End, but from a much later point as he neared the very end of his life. At that point he was several centuries old, as stated on-panel. The stuff he told Bobby about that happened around the BOTA time was far in his past.

Oh you're right. My bad. He might be able to use his powers to keep him immortal. He essentially creates a new ice body for himself anytime he morphs into ice and if he is permanently in that phase (as Ice Wizard appears to be), then technically he shouldnt be limited to things that his flesh self would be such as eating and aging

Like most elementals, if he's constantly in his ice form, he likely slows/stops aging. That's why Winters End Iceman was never in human form.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

When he was in bed with Dakken he asked him why he wanted him in "that" form implying that he could turn back if he pleased.

IDK if anything this is an interesting development for Bobby, gains him more points as an omega level. My thinking was considering he freezes his whole body inside out he might have learned to do it on a cellular level so internally his body is just frozen.

I'd love to see this little tidbit addressed it's kind of major considering Sina just threw it out there.

He looks so cute here. Art by Nick Robles

BANNED

He DOES - thanX Starduck! And of course, Mr. Robles.

Won't be long now, and hopefully we'll be getting some SERIOUS spotlight:

… on the IceMaster!