Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Have him hook up with the old Pyro too.
    He has a type.

BANNED

Since this book has almost the entire extended cast from his solo, I kinda wished Darkveil was there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Since this book has almost the entire extended cast from his solo, I kinda wished Darkveil was there too.
    After Sina Grace's whole confessional last month, I'd be surprised if Darkveil showed up again during this era of X-Editorial

ramos costume perfect for some pirate action but no dice
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Have him hook up with the old Pyro too.
    Emma's right there, so I'm hoping that brings her brother, Christian, into things as supporting cast member/possible love interest. I want that Frost family drama, ngl.

BANNED

Oh, looks like Grace was supposed to write Marauders before his falling-out with Marvel.

Oh, looks like Grace was supposed to write Marauders before his falling-out with Marvel.
    To me, the tweets read more like Grace was surprised that the book exists (and not thrilled about some aspects of that). According to that Hickman interview at AiPT, Duggan has been pitching this concept pretty much since he got wind of Hickman's proposed direction for the X-Books. Seems more like Duggan liked Grace's Iceman run and wanted to keep some of those same dynamics while running with the book concept.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-21-2019 at 07:27 AM.

BANNED

Oh yeah, I think I read the tweets wrong. In that case, Grace is being a baby.

Found the tweets, licked my phone, could just taste the salt.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I can't blame him for being salty, given how things went down. I hope someone at Marvel is big enough to extend an olive branch- - for the PR if nothing else - but at the end of the day, it all happened under a different editorial regime and no one currently working on the X-Books has a responsibility to do so. And regardless, I'm still going to read the new book because Duggan's a good enough writer that I don't see him wasting the dynamics that Grace built up.

Agreed. I liked his work on Iceman a lot, but let's be honest most of those connections are 10, 20, 30 years old. There are long histories for Bobby/Emma, Bobby/Kitty, Storm/Kitty, Storm/Bishop and so on. He added to the mythos and now someone else will too.
    Last edited by WhiteHotRoom; 07-21-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I can't blame him for being salty, given how things went down. I hope someone at Marvel is big enough to extend an olive branch- - for the PR if nothing else - but at the end of the day, it all happened under a different editorial regime and no one currently working on the X-Books has a responsibility to do so. And regardless, I'm still going to read the new book because Duggan's a good enough writer that I don't see him wasting the dynamics that Grace built up.
    Agreed. In spite of his relatively short tenure doing so, Grace is pretty much the father of the modern-day Iceman, who brought him back into prominence in his new status-quo. I feel that wariness and potential saltiness is warranted in this context.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    You and I are like the only people who enjoyed that costume haha.
    Make that 4. His current look looked better on Teen-Bobby when he was still around. The Red one's definitely cooler, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Bobby and Pyro on the same team, hm? Wonder which one it is.
    For a number of reasons, I would prefer it was the new Pyro from Gold. Among them, I feel that makes more sense, and I actually liked the guy from what little we saw of him and would like him to get more development.

Considering he has those flamethrowers on his wrists, though, that makes me hesitant it's Gold Pyro. One of the biggest distinctions between I and II is that Pyro II can generate his own flames (and he's also not a villain). Unless there's a huge brain fart on the cover...
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-23-2019 at 11:12 AM.

No Iceman in House of X?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Y'all found salty tweets and didn't share? Stingy.

Also there was no Iceman in HoX #1. He gets mentioned on the list of the sample of Omega Level mutants as Negative Temperature Manipulation instead of Cyrokinesis.
    "Cable was right!"