Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 298
  1. #271
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That cover is amazing, I almost forgot how much I enjoyed that issue
    Yeah. I miss GS writing Bobby. Oh well, at least his work has left an impact on Duggan's current Marauders.

  2. #272
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    I am still catching up on Xmen stuff, what books focus on bobby,
    and when does he and all the other xmen chracter get told they are gay

  3. #273
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I am still catching up on Xmen stuff, what books focus on bobby,
    and when does he and all the other xmen chracter get told they are gay
    All New X-Men #41/Uncanny X-Men #600 is when it's revealed that he's gay. Most X-Men finding out happened off-panel during the gap from that to post-Secret Wars. He showed up on Extraordinary X-Men during that and All New X-Men for the teen version, then the adult version got his solo and the teen showed up on X-Men Blue. Extermination for the teen one going back to the past, and now Marauders is where he's at.

    That's all for Iceman in the past 4 years.

  4. #274
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    All New X-Men #41/Uncanny X-Men #600 is when it's revealed that he's gay. Most X-Men finding out happened off-panel during the gap from that to post-Secret Wars. He showed up on Extraordinary X-Men during that and All New X-Men for the teen version, then the adult version got his solo and the teen showed up on X-Men Blue. Extermination for the teen one going back to the past, and now Marauders is where he's at.

    That's all for Iceman in the past 4 years.
    You forgot X-men Gold which actually acknowledges his sexuality. Uncanny X-men v5 and Age of X-man: The Extremists also feature him

  5. #275
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You forgot X-men Gold which actually acknowledges his sexuality. Uncanny X-men v5 and Age of X-man: The Extremists also feature him
    I totally forgot about all those lol. Though in Gold he was only there for a really short time, it's not really that relevant(and Disassembled. Did he do anything there?).

  6. #276
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I totally forgot about all those lol. Though in Gold he was only there for a really short time, it's not really that relevant(and Disassembled. Did he do anything there?).
    To be fair, i think he did more in Gold than he did in the entirety of Extraordinary. Gold pick up where his solo ended as we got to see him pick a team of X-men to lead (which he officially does for the first time). He has a ONS with Pyro which is his first same sex hookup on panel.

    He has as much to do in Disassembled as everyone else but he is one of the featured main X-men and is used throughout the event. His banter with Bishop was kind of fun. AoX ultimately was filler but we did get some decent characterization in there

  7. #277
    Fantastic Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    354

    Default

    So I was reading the winter's end one shot and I have a question. So Icemerlin Bobby was like really fucking old like at least a 100. And still kicking so I'm wondering does Bobby like have a wolverine thing where his aging is semi slowed down? Is this an established lesser mutation? Or did I just read it wrong and Icemerlin wasn't really that old?

  8. #278
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So I was reading the winter's end one shot and I have a question. So Icemerlin Bobby was like really fucking old like at least a 100. And still kicking so I'm wondering does Bobby like have a wolverine thing where his aging is semi slowed down? Is this an established lesser mutation? Or did I just read it wrong and Icemerlin wasn't really that old?
    He's not 100. The BOTA timeline is only like 15-20 years in the future. If he didnt have that superlong beard and was covered in ice, he likely wouldnt have looked so old

  9. #279
    Fantastic Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's not 100. The BOTA timeline is only like 15-20 years in the future. If he didnt have that superlong beard and was covered in ice, he likely wouldnt have looked so old
    Okay thank you IDK why they kept emphasizing he'd been alive a long, long, long time.

  10. #280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So I was reading the winter's end one shot and I have a question. So Icemerlin Bobby was like really fucking old like at least a 100. And still kicking so I'm wondering does Bobby like have a wolverine thing where his aging is semi slowed down? Is this an established lesser mutation? Or did I just read it wrong and Icemerlin wasn't really that old?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's not 100. The BOTA timeline is only like 15-20 years in the future. If he didnt have that superlong beard and was covered in ice, he likely wouldnt have looked so old
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Okay thank you IDK why they kept emphasizing he'd been alive a long, long, long time.
    The future Ice Master version of Iceman didn't come back from the BOTA point in time in Winter's End, but from a much later point as he neared the very end of his life. At that point he was several centuries old, as stated on-panel. The stuff he told Bobby about that happened around the BOTA time was far in his past.


  11. #281
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,405

    Default

    Oh you're right. My bad. He might be able to use his powers to keep him immortal. He essentially creates a new ice body for himself anytime he morphs into ice and if he is permanently in that phase (as Ice Wizard appears to be), then technically he shouldnt be limited to things that his flesh self would be such as eating and aging

  12. #282
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Like most elementals, if he's constantly in his ice form, he likely slows/stops aging. That's why Winters End Iceman was never in human form.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  13. #283
    Fantastic Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    354

    Default

    When he was in bed with Dakken he asked him why he wanted him in "that" form implying that he could turn back if he pleased.

    IDK if anything this is an interesting development for Bobby, gains him more points as an omega level. My thinking was considering he freezes his whole body inside out he might have learned to do it on a cellular level so internally his body is just frozen.

    I'd love to see this little tidbit addressed it's kind of major considering Sina just threw it out there.

  14. #284
    Fantastic Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    366

    Default

    He looks so cute here. Art by Nick Robles


  15. #285
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    He DOES - thanX Starduck! And of course, Mr. Robles.

    Won't be long now, and hopefully we'll be getting some SERIOUS spotlight:



    on the IceMaster!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •