Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    From Extraordinary and his solo? I think it is too. People seem to hate it though.
    Didn’t know people hated it, i thought it was his best suit in a while. Definitely better than that boring one he had after. Little Bobby had a good one as well.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The worst(best) thing about Iceman’s look is that his most iconic image is a humanoid form made of ice. He could have a million costumes but we’d never see them or need them because he’s all white all the times it matters.

The Ramos costume was youthful and very different and that’s probably why it works as a default to many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The worst(best) thing about Iceman’s look is that his most iconic image is a humanoid form made of ice. He could have a million costumes but we’d never see them or need them because he’s all white all the times it matters.

The Ramos costume was youthful and very different and that’s probably why it works as a default to many fans.
    I don't think Ramos is great at design. I think even his variation could use some slight tweaking; like the red should always be more X looking. However it seems stylish, a unique look; it also seems practical having his arm/hands/feet exposed.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I don't think Ramos is great at design. I think even his variation could use some slight tweaking; like the red should always be more X looking. However it seems stylish, a unique look; it also seems practical having his arm/hands/feet exposed.
    Agreed on all points.

I always wanted his Wolverine and the X-Mern look to stick.

or the X-Men Destiny version

But yeah, Ramos's one works for me for the most part.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I do have to admit some kind of fondness for Iceman's WATXM and X-Men Destiny looks. They're pretty great.

I won't lie, his X-Tremists and X-Men Blue designs are also rather great. Honestly, the X-Men Blue designs were solid across the board.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I really dislike red for Iceman. Always loved the speedo but I'm ok with a bit more covering as long as he show lots of skin. Also armored uniforms don't work with him. Same for Colossus; honestly.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Paul Smith!!!

X-Factor #43 Aug 1989
    Judgement War! Part 1 of 7. "Kidnaped!"
    X-Factor's Ship suddenly loses control of it's functions and begins to fly off into space.
    Acting quickly, the Ship erects a dome around the exposed part of it's hull where X-Factor was out relaxing.
    As the Ship flies out into space, the part of Marvel Girl's mind that is Madelyne Pryor
    and the Phoenix Entity
    causes her to smash through the dome to greet the stars.
    However, MG being not as powerful as the Phoenix Entity begins to suffocate in the vacuum of space.

Quickely thinking, Archangel flies out and grabs her while the other members of X-Factor help pull them both back into the ship.
    With Jean and Warren save, Iceman seals the hole temporarily until Ship can effectively repair itself.
    As Cyclops tries to get MG to come to terms that she has the "best" part of all her
    incarnations in her, the Ship passes through hyperspace and appears over a strange planet.

Although Ship cannot leave, he is able to scan the planet below and identifies that there is a war going on the planet,
    and provides X-Factor with devices that allow them to understand the alien language on the planet below.
    Suddenly they witness the appearance of a giant ship that dwarfs even Ship in size,
    and are soon confronted by the Celestial known as Gammenon the Gatherer.
    As Gammenon examines the Ship, X-Factor tries to make sense of the creature
    and soon find themselves transported to the planets surface below along with Scott's son Christopher.

They find themselves in the middle of a battle between the planets two dominant forces:
    The Chosen, human like beings that have super-human abilities, and the Rejects, inhuman mutates that also have powers.
    Unsure which side to fight for, Archangel makes up his mind when Princess Seera
    of the Chosen is in danger of being crushed by a Reject and he rescues her.

He has broken a forbidden law of the land for touching the Princess, and mistaken for a Reject,
    Warren is knocked out by Lord Rask, a rich Chosen warrior who hopes that he can
    make even greater fortunes taking Warren as a slave and putting him to fight in the arenas.

Iceman likewise is believed to be a Reject in his ice-form and faces against a fire wielding Chosen known as Lev.
    Before they can match powers, Bobby is struck on the head from behind and falls into the battle below.
    Jean meanwhile tries frantically to keep approaching Rejects from attacking her and young Christopher.
    However, one of the Rejects telepathic jammers uses its powers on Jean, shutting down her mind
    and sending Christopher falling to the ground as the battle rages on around him.

As Gammenon lowers to the planet surface over the battle, Cyclops is knocked out by a Reject
    that is not only impervious to his optic blasts, but also can fire energy blasts from it's eyes as well.
    Beast goes to the rescue of a female Reject warrior named Zharkah.
    However he learns that his concern was for naught as she has entropic abilities and slays her attacker.
    Noticing the Celestial's descent, both side of the conflict flee the scene to avoid
    getting crushed under it's massive boot, with Beast accompanying Zharkah.

As the Chosen forces pull out of the battle, Lev spots Iceman rising from the group, his ice form wearing off.
    Believing that he is a class of the Chosen referred to as a Dualer (those who have two forms)
    she is furious of how attacking one of her "kind" will have on her social standing.

However, despite her feelings, she helps him along and learns that he has no memory of who he is or where he came from.
    As Marvel Girl is being carried away by the Rejects, one of the Chosen comes across Christopher and takes the child into his possession.
    Thinking it is one of the genetically engineered Chosen, he wonders how the child made it out into
    the middle of a battle and decides to take it with him to see if he can make money off his discovery.

With the battle field cleared of all but the dead, Cyclops revives and finds that he has been left behind.
    With the foot of Gammenon just meters away, Cyclops tries in vein to blast
    it with his optic blast and remarks how this is indeed a stupid way to die.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Paul Smith http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_paul_smith/ and Al Milgrom.

The Iceman Funko pop looks so cool. I'm almost tempted to get it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ko-pop-review/
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-12-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The Iceman Funko pop looks so cool. I'm almost tempted to get it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ko-pop-review/

I already have the first one that they released with his initial solo run. Not sure which I like better.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

I already have the first one that they released with his initial solo run. Not sure which I like better.
    The one the article does the comparison with?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Still no Iceman in Hickman X-Men...?

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #60 Sep 1969
    "In the Shadow of...Sauron!" First appearance of Sauron
    Continued from last issue...

Following their battle with the Sentinels, the X-Men leave Larry Trask and Judge Chalmers to free the other captured mutants.
    Chalmers noticing that Larry has lapsed into a state of shock puts the power blocking medallion back
    on Larry in the hopes of restoring him to normal and making him forget everything that has transpired.
    As the X-Men return home to get Alex medical treatment, Lorna decides that her place
    is to be with the X-Men in light of recent events and she is accepted into the group.

Upon returning to New York City, Scott and Jean turn Alex over to Dr. Karl Lykos,
    a doctor who uses hypnosis to help deal with patients mentally and physically.
    Needing to work in private, Scott and Jean leave Lykos to do his work and return to the X-Mansion.
    There they are almost blasted with lasers when the safety door to the Danger Room swings open.

Inside, Lorna is watching Beast, Warren and Iceman go through a training session. When the session gets out of hand,

Cyclops steps in and things end with Iceman once more tossing snow in someone’s face.
    With the session over, the X-Men comment on the mutants that were captured during their battle against the Sentinels

and Hank points out the absence of both Magneto and the Changeling.

While at the office of Dr. Lykos, after treating Alex's physical wounds, Karl sends his nurse home
    and struggles with some strange addiction that has come over him.
    He recalls back to when he was a young boy and was on an expedition with his father,
    his associate Mr. Anderssen and his young daughter Tanya in the Antarctic regions of Tierra Del Fuego.
    When Tanya goes missing, a search party is sent out and young Karl finds her in
    a cave being attacked by strange pterodactyls that live within the icy cavern.
    Although Karl saves Tanya from the creatures, one of them manages to wound him.
    Given medical attention right away, the young Karl was near death and in a fever state for a long time before recovering.
    When he did, he was greeted by his dog Jagger. To his horror, upon touching the dog,
    Karl began siphoning the dog’s energy and realized that he has become some kind of energy vampire.
    Growing up over the years, Karl would keep this need a secret,
    and as a young adult he and Tanya would fall in love and begin talking of marriage.
    However, Mr. Anderssen would not consent to their marriage unless Karl learned
    a profession that would allow him to provide for Tanya and so he went on to medical school.
    Determined to make a fortune, the obsessed Lykos vows to do anything to marry Tanya.

Lykos hooks Alex up to the machine. He is aware that Xavier had opened a school for mutants prior to his death
    and correctly deduces Alex to be a mutant. Lykos had helped Xavier in the early days in hope of feeding off mutant’s life energy.
    Trying this for the first time, Lykos feeds off Alex's mutant energy and it has a strange effect.
    Lykos transforms into a humanoid pterodactyl that is the embodiment of evil.
    Recalling his human persona's love of the writings of J.R.R. Tolkien, the creature christens itself Sauron and flies off into the night.

When reports come in of a winged being suspected to be a mutant robbing, the X-Men contemplate investigating the situation.
    Furious that a winged being is giving him a bad name, Warren storms out of the room and returns later wearing his old
    Avenging Angel costume and decides to go and investigate the situation on his own so he flies off before anyone can stop him.
    With Warren potentially flying into even more trouble, Cyclops orders the other X-Men to get ready to follow after him.
    Warren manages to track down Sauron. However, when he tries to attack the creature,
    Sauron unleashes a hypnotic gaze that enthralls Warren into obedience.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Neal Adams, inks by Tom Palmer

I don't really tweet but I want someone to tweet Gerry Dugan and ask if he read Iceman's solo series and if it has influenced his team at all.

I don't really tweet but I want someone to tweet Gerry Dugan and ask if he read Iceman's solo series and if it has influenced his team at all.
    Wasn't there some talk about Gerry and Sina Grace's books being similar and some stink in the air about it?