Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    If Bobby did become bi, or even fluid, would that be a problem?
    It would be for me. It's not like there's enough gay representation on the X-Men that they can just make their most famous gay character not gay. Besides that, they actually made it pretty clear on ANXM 40 that he's not bi, when the idea is brought up and Jean says he's really just gay.

BANNED

If Bobby did become bi, or even fluid, would that be a problem?
    It would be controversial, and VERY ill-advised, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ... It's not like... they can just make their most famous gay character not gay. ...
    Why would they even want to? Talk about unwanted attention.

Okay, thanks for the responses guys, I was genuinely curious and wanted to know from people who probably know more than I do on that thing. It seemed to me that making him part of the LGBT that's treated as more extreme than "just" gay would be an even ballsier move, but again, I probably don't know enough to comment.

BANNED

Some might consider it safer, TBH. Having your cake & eating it too, so to speak.

Okay, thanks for the responses guys, I was genuinely curious and wanted to know from people who probably know more than I do on that thing. It seemed to me that making him part of the LGBT that's treated as more extreme than "just" gay would be an even ballsier move, but again, I probably don't know enough to comment.
    I wouldn't mind if he had been revealed as bi like some people wanted back when the whole thing happened. I honestly would've been just as happy as I was with him being gay. But now that he has already been established as gay for years and has had a lot of development in regards to that, it would feel kinda shitty if they made it so he's actually bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Some might consider it safer, TBH. Having your cake & eating it too, so to speak.
    I don't think that's really fair to say. Yeah, there's a chance that Marvel would explore his sexuality less, like how they have been kinda disappointing with Loki, Mystique and arguably Psylocke. But that should be a reason to push for more/better bi representation, not the opposite.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 01-16-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Making him bi now would basically be saying that minorities are interchangeable. Which, considering the tone deafness of X-Office decisions, could actually happen!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ... I don't think that's really fair to say. ...
    In that it would seem to make some fans more comfortable, I meant. 'Cause for them, it would mean he still likes girls, I'm guessin'. Also, it was supposed to be a direct response to this:

... It seemed to me that making him part of the LGBT that's treated as more extreme than "just" gay would be an even ballsier move...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    In that it would seem to make some fans more comfortable, I meant. 'Cause for them, it would mean he still likes girls, I'm guessin'. Also, it was supposed to be a direct response to this:
    I meant more in terms of "non-comics readers", not fans.

Part of why I wanted grownup Bobby to switch places with teen Bobby was that Marvel would get an Iceman without the baggage and complexity of his years in the closet.

I think a fluid Bobby would be cool and a fascinating character to read, but I think Marvel benefits from having an archetypal property that's simply and representatively gay.

Why hasn't Marvel approached Phil Jimenez to write and draw an Iceman book? I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why hasn't Marvel approached Phil Jimenez to write and draw an Iceman book? I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat.
    I love this idea!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I love this idea!

As much fun as Grace is having with Bobby in the most recent series... I’d prefer to see an Iceman move slower through gay culture and into out gay relationships. I think that would be best served by a creator who lived that life and understands that trepidation.

I DO enjoy Bobby vs parents issues, though. The Drakes are Iceman’s arch-nemeses.

As much fun as Grace is having with Bobby in the most recent series... I’d prefer to see an Iceman move slower through gay culture and into out gay relationships. I think that would be best served by a creator who lived that life and understands that trepidation.

I DO enjoy Bobby vs parents issues, though. The Drakes are Iceman’s arch-nemeses.
    Valid points. I'm team Sina Grace (and wish he was given a 50 issue run of his Iceman solo); but I want to see other queer creators take on Iceman too. And Phil would be a drastic improvement in art.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Valid points. I'm team Sina Grace (and wish he was given a 50 issue run of his Iceman solo); but I want to see other queer creators take on Iceman too. And Phil would be a drastic improvement in art.
    You don't have to be "x" statistic to write a good character. Sina's version of Iceman divides fans...even gay fans.

I'd rather see a gay writer given the flagship title than another C list solo. It'd have more meaning.

Trepidation? This isn't the 50s...slower through Gay culture? You mean more straight?.
    ugh they shoulda died issues ago or so least less involved in Bobby's life it's creepy get keeps coming back to them to get sh!t on