Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I hope everyone got the Iceman vol 3 TPB! I'm sad to see Sina's take on the character end.
    I enjoyed Sina's take on Iceman. I'm waiting to see where the character goes now.

I would really enjoy seeing a version that looks like the redesign that Luciano Vecchio came up with

I really appreciate Grace's work on Bobby. Hope that work is honoured going forward and we continue getting a great Bobby.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I would really enjoy seeing a version that looks like the redesign that Luciano Vecchio came up with
    I liked the costume Vecchio designed (although it could use more color), but I didn't really care for the hair or beard he gave him. It would have been nice if he had been the artist for one of Grace's series.

BANNED

Strange Tales #120 May 1964
    First Iceman crossover in "The Torch Meets Iceman!"
    Johnny's riled because a newspaper compares Iceman (of The X-Men) to him;

On a cruise liner, Bobby tries to pick up Doris, until Johnny arrives;

Before the potential rivalry goes too far, The Barracuda (a modern-day pirate) and his men arrive and take over the ship.

Fantastic Four guest appearance. X-Men cameo (Angel, Marvel Girl and Professor X).

Script by Stan Lee (plot, script) and Jack Kirby (plot, un-credited), pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Like all the other X-Men I first read him in the Classic X-Men series that expanded on the original Giant-Size X-Men by adding a personal look to their lives in between missions.

I... don't think he gets one. At least, I don't remember, because the series mainly focuses on the Giant generation

I saw him next in 90s X-Men cartoon, but only in flashback. I didn't watch all episode and I remember less than half of it, so aside from having cool powers I don't know anything about him.

It wasn't until Bryan Singer's X2 did I get a personal look to him. His relationship with Rogue is cute and I immediately get that his talk with his parents was a coming out analogy.

Attachment 75903
    I wouldn't mind the actor Shawn Ashmore reprising the role of Iceman in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Too old and not gay enough.

BANNED

Which actor then is the actor Tom Holland's age but gay enough?

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #57 Jun 1969
    First appearance of Larry Trask in ""The Sentinels Live!"
    New York City: Lorna Dane has settled into a new apartment and is still trying to adjust to the fact that she is
    a mutant with magnetic powers when she is suddenly attacked and captured by the mutant hunting Sentinels.

While in Egypt, the X-Men attempt to calm down Cyclops' brother Alex Summers, who is horrified by the destructive force of his mutant powers,
    of which he fears that he has little control over. Alex explains that his powers where what destroyed the Egyptian temple
    that was the Living Monolith's temple, causing the Monolith to be reverted to ordinary Ahmet Abdol, a simple archeologist.
    When authorities arrive, the X-Men attempt to turn Abdol over to them. However Abdol's notoriety in the area as an
    archeologist allows Abdol to turn the tables and demand that the police arrest Alex instead for destroying
    his archeological dig. When they attempt to arrest Alex, the young mutant panics and fires a plasma blast from his hands at the soldiers.
    The X-Men then intervene while Alex flees into the desert. Furious over the situation,
    Cyclops and the other X-Men easily defeat the officers and chase after Alex in their jet-car.

The X-Men pass a cavern, unaware that is where Alex has gone to hide and lament over his unstable powers.
    Alex's worries are short lived when a new menace appears, another Sentinel that easily captures the confused mutant.
    As the X-Men continue their search, they are alerted by Cerebro that someone had attacked Lorna Dane's apartment.

Worried over his love interest, Iceman convinces Scott to allow him and Beast return to the United States
    and investigate Lorna's disappearance while the others continue their search for Alex in Egypt,
    unaware that the mastermind behind the Sentinel's resurrection is well aware of their splitting up and hopes to use it to his benefit.

Arriving in New York, Iceman and Beast search Lorna's apartment for clues.
    However they are interrupted by the police who think that they are involved.
    Trying to escape, Beast almost falls from the apartment building to a nasty death on the pavement below when one
    of the officers on the scene tosses a chair at him and Bobby, knocking them both out the broken apartment window.

However, Iceman manages to save them and the two mutants decide to escape to Scott's apartment

and see if they can find any information about the attack on the news. They happen upon a news program where Federal Judge Robert Chalmers
    is denouncing mutants as a menace on national television. With him is Larry Trask, the son of Bolivar Trask the Sentinel's original creator.
    Trask has appeared on the news blaming mutants for his father's death.
    He would go on and explain that he was present when his father built his first Sentinel's before going off to College.
    Upon his return he was horrified to find that his father was killed during a battle between the X-Men and the Sentinels.
    Having kept a dossier on mutants over the years to prove his claims and with recent reports of the X-Men's battle with Egyptian
    authorities he proclaims to the television audience that the mutant menace will be eliminated and that the Sentinels live again.

As Bobby and Hank watch this startling development, they are completely unaware that a Sentinel
    has tracked them down and is peering into Scott's apartment, poised to strike any moment.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Neal Adams, inks by Tom Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Which actor then is the actor Tom Holland's age but gay enough?
    Timothée Chalamet comes to mind
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Others seem to agree with you..http://www.tvandmovienews.com/2019/0...uld-come-true/

Timothée Chalamet is quickly becoming one of Hollywood's most popular and successful young actors,
    thanks to his roles in award-winning films like Call Me By Your Name and Beautiful Boy.
    He's received fantastic reviews in every project he's been a part of in the past few years,
    and he'd undoubtedly be a great addition to the MCU if Marvel can figure out who to cast him as.

Now that the studio has the rights to the X-Men, they'll soon need to find an Iceman who can fight alongside Charles Xavier's team of mutants.
    Chalamet has Bobby Drake's boyish charm, and since he's almost the same age as Tom Holland,
    he could help make Iceman and Spider-Man's comic book friendship finally appear on the big screen.

He's almost the same age as Tom Holland!!!

Timothee is too pretty, and not DORK enough.

I like Timothee for Wiccan, but I guess Bobby would be cool. Honestly I think it's not hard to cast for Bobby at all. Any cute white guy can work. I guess the big thing is what age would they go for.

I think MCU Wiccan is impossible. I respect your stanning tho.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Timothee is too pretty, and not DORK enough.
    Yeah, agreed. I think Timothee would be great as Angel, so long as they do the actual work story-wise for an eventual Archangel turn. Warren's sort of a fluffy character at first, but the tortured split personality angle would be something Timothee could sink his craft into.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, agreed. I think Timothee would be great as Angel, so long as they do the actual work story-wise for an eventual Archangel turn. Warren's sort of a fluffy character at first, but the tortured split personality angle would be something Timothee could sink his craft into.
    I like Timothee for Gambit. Keep in mind MCU X-Men are 5 years out. A lot of muscle can happen in 5 years.

But seriously I want to racebend the **** out of Gambit. I want Jacob Artist to throw cards and talk funny. He’s dreamy.