Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think everyone's in Strike Force and CoC.
    what do you mean everyone? Thats a whole lot of people.

Aside from Kitty in Sina Grace's run, has Bobby had any sort of reckonings with his other love interests over the years in regards to his being gay? This is kind of odd, but one of my psychology professors is fascinated by gay men who have sex with women and so I am curious if the X-writers have ever dealt with this angle in Bobby's life. I remember he had a thing for Polaris for a long time, and then there was Opal Tanaka, and Bobby definitely had sex with Mystique (god, the story potential there now that he's come out of the closet!).

Didn't Marjorie Liu do a story about Iceman going bad and freezing the world and it somehow involved all his ex-girlfriends coming together? I didn't read it; Liu lost all goodwill from me after nuking X-23 & Hellion.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Yep

Some weird years between NXM and AVX

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arousin...ique-pt-1/amp/

Liu confirmed that she had written her Frozen arc considering Bobby to be closeted, so the exes' reactions to Bobby in that story could be seen as preludes to their reactions of his coming out.

Then the first volume of Grace's Iceman solo did show Opal and Polaris's reactions in text form:

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yep

Some weird years between NXM and AVX

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arousin...ique-pt-1/amp/
    Yeah this was definitely one of the... stranger things in Carey's run. Mystique is manipulative and Iceman is gullible, so it didn't not make sense... but also... what?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Yeah this was definitely one of the... stranger things in Carey's run. Mystique is manipulative and Iceman is gullible, so it didn't not make sense... but also... what?
    ... in an alternate world, maybe Mystique and Iceman end up with a child.. which could have intriguing future possibilities. ice powers plus body morphing.

On Sina Grace's run, he shows Torch and Spider as Bobby's friends. Did we have past stories of them being friends? Or was it something Grace pushed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Didn't Marjorie Liu do a story about Iceman going bad and freezing the world and it somehow involved all his ex-girlfriends coming together? I didn't read it; Liu lost all goodwill from me after nuking X-23 & Hellion.
    And she had Gambit acting like some creepy uncle towards X-23 too. Ruined him for me for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Liu confirmed that she had written her Frozen arc considering Bobby to be closeted, so the exes' reactions to Bobby in that story could be seen as preludes to their reactions of his coming out.
    Didn't she say she didn't write him that way, but she could definitely see it?
    I'm sure I read it was something like that at the time of the outing.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call Bobby gullible, but I certainly wouldn't call him gullible enough to get in a relationship with a longtime antagonist and known sociopath.
    The whole relationship was dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    On Sina Grace's run, he shows Torch and Spider as Bobby's friends. Did we have past stories of them being friends? Or was it something Grace pushed it?
    The Iceman/Spider-man/Firestar amazing friends connection was played up before Grace. So there's definitely friendship between Bobby and Peter. Though I wouldn't say it's a very deep friendship at this point.
    Bobby and Torch I've always seen as more antagonistic though. Back during Onslaught they nearly came to blows.
    There's no real friendship there. Grace just wrote it because he liked the idea I guess.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    The Iceman/Spider-man/Firestar amazing friends connection was played up before Grace. So there's definitely friendship between Bobby and Peter. Though I wouldn't say it's a very deep friendship at this point.
    Bobby and Torch I've always seen as more antagonistic though. Back during Onslaught they nearly came to blows.
    There's no real friendship there. Grace just wrote it because he liked the idea I guess.
    Johnny snapped at Bobby bc he was being extra sensitive due to his nephew just being kidnapped.The two were fairly chummy in that crossover once Johnny calmed down and the caption described them as friends

Last edited by Havok83; 07-08-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Johnny snapped at Bobby bc he was being extra sensitive due to his nephew just being kidnapped.The two were fairly chummy in that crossover once Johnny calmed down

Joe Mad drew such a great Iceman.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

With the reveal of Grace's experience working on Iceman being less than stellar, and all the kerfuffle made about what he could and could not do, narratively, I have to wonder how much of what I read (did a recent re-read of my back issues) that I was less keen on was due to editorial mandate vs what I was super into. It wasn't a perfect run ( but is there EVER(???) -- but it certainly re-sparked my interest and adoration for Bobby, and kept me reading.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    It feels like the trio being friends was brought over from them being buddies in Ultimate.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Here's a great analysis of Liu's Iceman arc. https://medium.com/@Engineeredd/icem...n-817936f726c8 It made a lot of great points, some of the dots I hadn't even connected myself (And I've reread the arc multiple times)

I know Liu isn't without faults and I didn't love her X-23 series (though the only X-23 series I ever really cared for was ANW), but her Astonishing run was one of the best X-runs in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Here's a great analysis of Liu's Iceman arc. https://medium.com/@Engineeredd/icem...n-817936f726c8 It made a lot of great points, some of the dots I hadn't even connected myself (And I've reread the arc multiple times)

I know Liu isn't without faults and I didn't love her X-23 series (though the only X-23 series I ever really cared for was ANW), but her Astonishing run was one of the best X-runs in the last decade.
    That's a really good take on the Liu run. Thanks for linking!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That's a really good take on the Liu run. Thanks for linking!
    I must be missing something... 97% of this is recap of what happened. What "points" were made that stood out?