Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Think Secret Warriors is essential reading for anyone who likes Fury.

Unfortunately Marvel made a balls up with the whole Marcus Johnson debacle.

Think many readers would have been fine with an alternate reality/universe explanation (not the Ultimates version as it appears they needed a younger looking one) as against what we got.

That said the 2017 mini-series by Robinson and ACO was fun.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 03-16-2019 at 11:58 PM.

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    That said the 2017 mini-series by Robinson and ACO was fun.
    That series was extraordinary. It brought the main character to a lesser status and set the tone and circumstances for him to build his status. The truth is OG Nick has become too big. Whatever that latest version of him whispering in Thor's ear is, that gets a huge "meh" from me. I can see OG Nick being brought into the higher levels of Hickman's SHIELD and doing a lot of work behind the scenes, but he's gone beyond throwing on a skintight suit and a gun and blasting Hydra agents.

Sam Fury is a good updated version. But he lacks the history of Nick as a working-class non-com in WWII. That aspect of his personality was a big part of his character as he went through world shaking manipulations. Sam Fury has the manipulations and it fit the MCU and Ultimate Universe great, but I'd rather have Sam Fury as an alternate Universe version.

Incredible Member

I honestly like all versions of Fury. But lately I’ve been really digging Fury Junior (Marcus) a lot more than all the versions combined.

If they ever decide to bring the original back, I dont see why we can’t keep Junior around as Agent Fury and let his old man resume his role. That 2017 mini series with Junior was badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I honestly like all versions of Fury. But lately I’ve been really digging Fury Junior (Marcus) a lot more than all the versions combined.

If they ever decide to bring the original back, I dont see why we can’t keep Junior around as Agent Fury and let his old man resume his role. That 2017 mini series with Junior was badass.
    Yes! The beauty of Junior is that he and OG Nick can easily coexist and have different stories and roles.

Captain Marvel spoilers

The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yes! The beauty of Junior is that he and OG Nick can easily coexist and have different stories and roles.
    I loved how in that mini, they tried (and in my mind, successfully) to make Junior resemble how we were first introduced to Ultimate Fury in Ultimate X-Men. Suit, tie, all swave. If anything, maybe in another movie, they can introduce Junior (I can easily see an actor like Shemar Moore) playing off the younger, spy role of Junior. Maybe take key plot points from Battle Scars. Like, this time around, have Junior know his real identity, but he took on the identity of Marcus Johnson to try to live a normal life outside of the Fury branding.

The J-man

BANNED

Nick Fury Agent of Shield #11 Apr 1969
    "The 1st Million Megaton Explosion"
    Against his will, Laura Brown drags Fury to a disco in the East Village to see
    "The Million Megaton Explosion", who she calls "the hottest new group on the scene";
    But high in orbit, monitoring the "scene", The Hate-Monger uses his hate-ray to begin a riot, setting young against old!;

Fury barely escapes with his life with Laura, then high-tails it to the Heli-Carrier;

The hate rays continue to pour forth, and gangs of youths seize power in NYC and at an ICBM base in New Jersey;
    They plan to "wipe out the establishment" if the country isn't turned over to them;
    Conferring with the President, Fury asks for a space capsule at Cape Kennedy so he can knock out the Hate-Monger's threat;
    Once more entirely on his own, Fury invades the orbiting space station, and confronts the Nazi villain face-to-face.

Script by Gary Friedrich (plot, dialogue) and Frank Springer (plot), pencils by Frank Springer, inks by Mike Esposito (uncredited)

BANNED

I think this can be a great character starring in a What If series.

BANNED

Another way for the What If series to happen.. spoilers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFoz8ZJWmPs
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos #7 May 1964
    "The Court-Martial of Sgt. Fury"
    Sgt. Fury refuses to obey an order

and is court-martialed.

There is only one problem: he doesn't remember why.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby (final issue as regular artist), inks by George Roussos

Fury in the new Spider-Man trailer

The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I first know Nick Fury from the 90s Spider-Man cartoon

Attachment 76631
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    I can't remember where I first saw Fury, but it was around this time and I really enjoyed playing him in the Sega port of the Punisher Arcade game. From there, I just loved seeing him pop up in random comics for ages. I miss him.
    Yes!! That is what I loved about the character's appearances published in the 20th century as well! I have no liking whatsoever the way the character got written since BMB up to the present Post the so-called 'writing' of BMB, GODAWFUL! Pre the so-called 'writing' of BMB, GREAT!

Nick Fury by Parlov and Sienkiewicz.

fury .jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."