Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Ann "Annie" Nocenti!!!

Daredevil #262 Jan 1989
    The Black Widow guest stars in this Inferno crossover, "...I Found Me In a Gloomy Wood Astray..."
    Karen and the Widow are still searching for the missing DD

when New York City begins to come alive and attack its citizens;
    DD, still badly injured from his beating by Typhoid,

is coached back to health in his psyche by his old mentor Stick;

Mary finds DD first.

Script by Ann Nocenti https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...tor/AnnNocenti,
    pencils by John Romita, Jr., inks by Al Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Daredevil #262 Jan 1989
    The Black Widow guest stars in this Inferno crossover, "...I Found Me In a Gloomy Wood Astray..."
    Karen and the Widow are still searching for the missing DD

when New York City begins to come alive and attack its citizens;
    DD, still badly injured from his beating by Typhoid,

is coached back to health in his psyche by his old mentor Stick;

Mary finds DD first.

Script by Ann Nocenti https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...tor/AnnNocenti,
    pencils by John Romita, Jr., inks by Al Williamson
    Really looking forward to getting to this part of the Typhoid trade.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Another Daredevil artist I sorely miss providing the interiors of a DD comic.
    Yes, absolutely. IMHO, Lee Weeks is one of the best.

Astonishing Member

This latest issue of MWF really made me miss the previous Defenders series. The chemistry between these characters just ooze out of every page of every book that they're in together.

Also, this kind of seemed like a return to form for me in re to DD. This kind of tone has just been something I felt has been long missing.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Daredevil #1 Relaunch Tops Advance Reorders:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ance-reorders/

I think there's a good chance that Daredevil #1 might just top 100,000.

STOP PRETENDING THE MCU IS CONNECTED TO MARVEL'S NETFLIX SHOWS
    Because it clearly isn't.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01...-netflix-shows

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Let's see:

Tonally and stylistically, these shows could hardly be more different from the movies to which they're supposedly connected.
    Because two things in a shared universe can't have different tones. It's why all comics have the same tone?

Series like Daredevil and Jessica Jones rarely even namedrop the Avengers
    In other words, they do namedrop the Avengers. They just don't go around talking about it every day just like I don't go around talking about one thing every day.

Most of the time, the only direct reference these shows make to the MCU movies is a brief nod to the Battle of New York in the first Avengers movie (often in the form of a newspaper headline in the background). Or in the case of Iron Fist Season 2, Mary Walker's origin story includes a mention of Sokovia.
    Or in Season 2 of Jessica Jones, which mentions the Raft. The article also mentions the connections between Agents of SHIELD and the movies while ignoring the connections between Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix shows. Or Cloak and Dagger and the Netflix shows.

You can argue that the Netflix shows are simply exploring a different side of the same coin and showing what it's like to be a hero without an Avengers membership card.
    You could argue it and you would be right.

There's no longer any point in pretending that these shows exist within the MCU and that we're ever going to see the Avengers and Defenders cross paths.
    It's also possible to acknowledge that two things exist in the same universe without crossing paths. My life has never crossed path with a single celebrity, it doesn't mean I'm not in the same universe as them. There are seven billion people in the world and we're complaining that a few dozen people don't walk in the same circles.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    This latest issue of MWF really made me miss the previous Defenders series. The chemistry between these characters just ooze out of every page of every book that they're in together.

Also, this kind of seemed like a return to form for me in re to DD. This kind of tone has just been something I felt has been long missing.
    Agree with this 100% and, further iterates for me, the biggest criticism I had of Soule's run which was the lack of the supporting characters in Matt's life. Not that I want them to be in the book all the time or for Matt to get pulled on to different teams; however, his interactions with these characters are so good. I have always felt that Matt was kind of like the "Captain America" of the street-level heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Agree with this 100% and, further iterates for me, the biggest criticism I had of Soule's run which was the lack of the supporting characters in Matt's life. Not that I want them to be in the book all the time or for Matt to get pulled on to different teams; however, his interactions with these characters are so good. I have always felt that Matt was kind of like the "Captain America" of the street-level heroes.
    Agree with this 100%. Which is partly why they're two of my favorite characters.

I did however, like Frank McGee, Blindspot, and Foggy as supporting characters in Soule's run. I wish we got more of them (McGee and Foggy). Sam, we got to see a good amount of.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Very nice!

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    STOP PRETENDING THE MCU IS CONNECTED TO MARVEL'S NETFLIX SHOWS
    Because it clearly isn't.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01...-netflix-shows
    I think the author is a wee bit mad that the "Defenders " didn't cross over into the movies and he's venting his annoyance through this article. He makes some good points comparing Daredevil's fighting scenes with those of Black Widow's but that's down to budget constraints and the "atmosphere" of the shows compared to the movies. Agents of SHIELD are somewhat similar to the Netflix shows in certain aspects and yet AoS are linked to the MCU.

There is literally a ton of MCU references in all of the Netflix series which I linked and listed in the previous iteration of this thread. I believe the creators' goal was to have them all linked hence the references but they also have an escape plan if for some reason they can't link them by not including the same characters. Remember, the Russo Brothers played with the idea of having the Defenders in Avengers 3 but decided against it because it would become too convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Let's see:

Because two things in a shared universe can't have different tones. It's why all comics have the same tone?

In other words, they do namedrop the Avengers. They just don't go around talking about it every day just like I don't go around talking about one thing every day.

Or in Season 2 of Jessica Jones, which mentions the Raft. The article also mentions the connections between Agents of SHIELD and the movies while ignoring the connections between Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix shows. Or Cloak and Dagger and the Netflix shows.

You could argue it and you would be right.

It's also possible to acknowledge that two things exist in the same universe without crossing paths. My life has never crossed path with a single celebrity, it doesn't mean I'm not in the same universe as them. There are seven billion people in the world and we're complaining that a few dozen people don't walk in the same circles.
    Great points!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Agree with this 100%. Which is partly why they're two of my favorite characters.

I did however, like Frank McGee, Blindspot, and Foggy as supporting characters in Soule's run. I wish we got more of them (McGee and Foggy). Sam, we got to see a good amount of.
    Did you read the Hunt for Wolverine: Weapons Lost mini-series. It's basically a Daredevil mini-series with Frank McGee and Misty Knight as two of the main co-stars. Very enjoyable and written by Charles Soule

Did you read the Hunt for Wolverine: Weapons Lost mini-series. It's basically a Daredevil mini-series with Frank McGee and Misty Knight as two of the main co-stars. Very enjoyable and written by Charles Soule
    I did. I really liked the art for that mini as well. Worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I did. I really liked the art for that mini as well. Worth it for me.
    Yes, very decent art by Matteo Buffagni. If we ever get Charles Soule's Daredevil collected in Omnibus format, it would be great to have these four issues also included.