Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I was gonna post my thoughts about the latest issue but I can't for the life of me find the button to insert spoiler tags

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I was gonna post my thoughts about the latest issue but I can't for the life of me find the button to insert spoiler tags
    It's this: (quote post to see the code)
    spoilers:
    -
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It's this: (quote post to see the code)
    spoilers:
    -
    end of spoilers
    Thanks a bunch

As I was saying, spoilers:
    this was filled with twists and turns for me. I thought last issue had him knocked out cold from The bullet so I was certain he was going in. Then when he sprung into action I was sure he was getting away and Then he got caught again lol. The ending was interesting and at least I guessed correctly at Who was coming to his aide.
    end of spoilers
    A Really good issue all and all.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Thanks a bunch

As I was saying, spoilers:
    this was filled with twists and turns for me. I thought last issue had him knocked out cold from The bullet so I was certain he was going in. Then when he sprung into action I was sure he was getting away and Then he got caught again lol. The ending was interesting and at least I guessed correctly at Who was coming to his aide.
    end of spoilers
    A Really good issue all and all.
    Nice! Excited!

Issue #3 had such a perfect tension and grip on me as a reader to want to see what happens next without ever really knowing. The final pages left me with a pretty good idea of who/what might happen, but even then when it did, it was the perfect cherry on top of an exciting moment. Loving this series more and more with every new part of the story that's building on the last and toward the next so far! Chip really knows how to leave you wanting more.

BANNED

Boy, today's issue was faaaantastic!!! This run is really charging ahead nicely, getting better with every issue.

This issue had me on the edge of my seat the whole freaking time. Bravo to Dzarsky and Checchetto!!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Loving the new character in Cole.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This was a great issue and I'm intrigued where it's going from here. I don't want to spoil anything else just yet, but it's a fun ride from beginning to end.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm not too sure I like how that fight went down. Awesome fight by Checchetto, but injury or no, the outcome should have been very different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I'm not too sure I like how that fight went down. Awesome fight by Checchetto, but injury or no, the outcome should have been very different.
    The fight was the best part about the issue, including the outcome. I like that Dzarsky isn't treating Matt as though he's superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The fight was the best part about the issue, including the outcome. I like that Dzarsky isn't treating Matt as though he's superhuman.
    Matt is superhuman, though. The fight was awesome, don't get me wrong, but as I said about the Netflix show, he should not have any trouble whatsoever trouncing a normal human opponent whether he has a bullet in his shoulder or not. Maybe since he's limited to one arm Cole could have maybe gotten a hit or (luckily) two, but to outright defeat him? Nah. That doesn't sit well at all. Matt should be far more formidable than to let a cop, trained in boxing or no, take him out like that.

Mighty Member

Matt is superhuman, though. The fight was awesome, don't get me wrong, but as I said about the Netflix show, he should not have any trouble whatsoever trouncing a normal human opponent whether he has a bullet in his shoulder or not. Maybe since he's limited to one arm Cole could have maybe gotten a hit or (luckily) two, but to outright defeat him? Nah. That doesn't sit well at all. Matt should be far more formidable than to let a cop, trained in boxing or no, take him out like that.
    Then there is literally no point in attempting drama with the character. It's the Superman problem. If he can't be beaten, why am I bothering to read the comic? And sure, you could just throw one superhuman after the next at him, but what makes Matt interesting is his humanity, dealing with human foibles and frailty. The whole point of Matt is that he's good, damn good, but he's only human. He can lose, even a fight he should win. It's what makes him the most interesting character on the stands. Matt gets his butt kicked. But he also always gets back up. Every. Damn. Time. No matter how hurt, how broken, how beaten. Matt winning fights is the least interesting take.

I just don't understand this need to make the character invincible. I think it completely destroys what makes the character unique, and viable in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Then there is literally no point in attempting drama with the character. It's the Superman problem. If he can't be beaten, why am I bothering to read the comic? And sure, you could just throw one superhuman after the next at him, but what makes Matt interesting is his humanity, dealing with human foibles and frailty. The whole point of Matt is that he's good, damn good, but he's only human. He can lose, even a fight he should win. It's what makes him the most interesting character on the stands. Matt gets his butt kicked. But he also always gets back up. Every. Damn. Time. No matter how hurt, how broken, how beaten. Matt winning fights is the least interesting take.

I just don't understand this need to make the character invincible. I think it completely destroys what makes the character unique, and viable in the market.
    yeah, I don't buy that.

There's an appropriate amount of drama... and then there's an inappropriate cause of Drama. Matt's not only human. He's a highly trained, highly experienced and superpowered human. He can sense you making moves before someone could see them He has that edge that normal people don't. It's why introducing a supervillain or special enemy is what makes the drama exciting. Because the ordinary mooks are NOT an issue with him. It's like watching Bruce Lee get beat up by some muggers 'to add drama'. They aren't even close to being in the same skill set. Daredevil is in the same league as Iron Fist and Shang Chi. They don't crawl away from every fight leaving a blood trail... neither should Daredevil.

That was my biggest problem with the Netflix show (other than constantly keeping him out of costume). Matt took too MANY beatings. Every time there were two or more people in the room he was going to 'barely walk away and pass out bleeding somewhere'. That's not Matt. He's taken some beatings of course, but he's not about 'getting back up'. That's Wolverine... and Rocky. They're known for the broken but not beaten mentality of always coming back for more. Murdock is the guy who leaps into a horde of ninjas and dodging bullets and shurikens because he's just that good.

I loved this issue. Kind of reminded me of the Murdock Papers arc from Bendis' run in terms of how tense I was reading it. Art continues to be great and I think Cole is a great addition to the series.

As for Matt losing the fight, normally I would agree; however, I think the implication here is that Matt hasn't truly recovered (despite what he said) from his physical injuries plus he just got shot in the shoulder. Perhaps more importantly though he is not right mentally. I would see this beating he took here akin to his fight with the Kingpin in Born Again.

While this does set up Daredevil vs. Punisher debate Part 23, it does have Matt in a different place then most of the other instances. With that said, I think having Elektra or Natasha save him would have been better and could still lead to a similar morality discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    yeah, I don't buy that.

There's an appropriate amount of drama... and then there's an inappropriate cause of Drama. Matt's not only human. He's a highly trained, highly experienced and superpowered human. He can sense you making moves before someone could see them He has that edge that normal people don't. It's why introducing a supervillain or special enemy is what makes the drama exciting. Because the ordinary mooks are NOT an issue with him. It's like watching Bruce Lee get beat up by some muggers 'to add drama'. They aren't even close to being in the same skill set. Daredevil is in the same league as Iron Fist and Shang Chi. They don't crawl away from every fight leaving a blood trail... neither should Daredevil.

That was my biggest problem with the Netflix show (other than constantly keeping him out of costume). Matt took too MANY beatings. Every time there were two or more people in the room he was going to 'barely walk away and pass out bleeding somewhere'. That's not Matt. He's taken some beatings of course, but he's not about 'getting back up'. That's Wolverine... and Rocky. They're known for the broken but not beaten mentality of always coming back for more. Murdock is the guy who leaps into a horde of ninjas and dodging bullets and shurikens because he's just that good.
    YES!!!!! Thank you!