Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    So yeah, this issue was pretty intense if you ask me. Really good.
    Art-wise though this was the lowest so far. Chechetto is back next issue right?
    Good to hear! Excited! And yes Checchetto returns next issue.

BANNED

So yeah, this issue was pretty intense if you ask me. Really good.
    Art-wise though this was the lowest so far.
    Personally, I much preferred the art this issue to that of the rest of the arc.

As for the story, it was a rocking conclusion. Really liked this arc. This whole run continues to be gold.

Chechetto is back next issue right?
    Can't wait!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

A really nice issue. Hopefully they’ll be able to find a consistent artist as that is what seems to be the weakest part at the minute.

Woopieboy

Hi anyone know which comic episode is this from? Screenshot_20190822-134705_Tumblr.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    A really nice issue. Hopefully they’ll be able to find a consistent artist as that is what seems to be the weakest part at the minute.
    Well, they do have a consistent artist with Checchetto. They just have to find someone better to pair him with when he takes an issue or an arc off.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lalit Sharma had improved beauty-fully from issue #6 to issue #9 so I hope we see more of his work going forward.

I really hadn't read much of Zdarsky before, but I am sure a fan now! This was such an awesome issue!

You really feel for Matt and the situation he is in. I also appreciate the slow-burn approach that Zdarsky has taken with Matt trying to give up being Daredevil and slowly being pulled back in. And not just as a vigalante, it also seems like Matt is being pulled back into being a lawyer as well.

The action in the police station was intense and really well done. While I did enjoy the art (and certainly enjoyed it more than in previous issues), I would say I prefer Checchetto more; however, only if consistently be the artist. If not, I think Fornes could be a good alternative.

I am also curious where Cole's character goes from here. Will he come to understand why people like Daredevil are necessary?

Lastly, with the reveal of Elektra at the end, Zdarsky has an opportunity to quickly vault himself into the upper echelon of Daredevil writers if he can help to evolve their relationship. Often I feel most writers don't know what to do with them. I have always felt that once Marvel made the decision to bring Elektra back her presence should have been more felt in Daredevil (especially after they killed off Karen). To me, Daredevil and Elektra should be the Batman/Catwoman of the Marvel universe with a bit of Talia al Ghul mixed in there as well. Often what I feel we get is writers aren't sure what they should do so they bring in Elektra and it doesn't add anything new to the mix. If Zdarsky, can do something new with their relationship that would be amazing.

Cover to Daredevil #13!

Daredevil by Dan Panosian

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That cover for DD 13 is...EVERYTHING!!!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #13
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A) • Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY Declan Shalvey
    • After the epic conclusion to NO DEVILS, ONLY GOD, Matt Murdock has no choice but to investigate the corruption in New York’s police force further.
    • And Wilson Fisk may be the Kingpin of Crime no more, but he still has blood on his hands…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Daredevil on the cover of:

THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW #3 (of 5) Variant Cover by STEPHEN MOONEY

DAREDEVIL BY CHIP ZDARSKY VOL. 2: NO DEVILS, ONLY GOD TPB
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Penciled by LALIT KUMAR SHARMA & JORGE FORNES
    Cover by CHIP ZDARSKY
    The Man Without Fear is missing! Daredevil has disappeared from Hell’s Kitchen — and in his absence, the real devils are starting to come out to play. Detective Cole North may think he’s stopped Daredevil, but there are bigger problems coming his way! Meanwhile, Matt Murdock has emerged from his recent ordeals a changed man — but has he changed for better or worse? As he faces up to the choices he has made, Matt grapples with who he is and who he wants to be. Can he truly live a life without the suit? Collecting DAREDEVIL (2019) #6-10.
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99

UNCANNY ORIGINS: MYTH & MAGIC GN-TPB
    Written by BILL ROSEMANN, JIM ALEXANDER,
    LYSA HAWKINS, GLENN HERDLING, LEN WEIN & BOB BUDIANSKY
    Penciled by MARC CAMPOS & M.C. WYMAN
    Cover by M.C. WYMAN
    ON SALE DECEMBER 2019
    Explore the origins of Marvel’s most iconic characters, retold in action-packed animated style! Witness the teleporting mutant called Nightcrawler go from circus freak to world-saving X-Man! Then, join Storm to discover how a girl worshipped as a goddess became a wind-riding hero! See Felicia Hardy, the thieving Black Cat, cross Spider-Man’s path! And follow the bloodline of Dane Whitman, the Avengers’ sword-wielding Black Knight! Arrogant surgeon Dr. Stephen Strange learns his lesson — and more — to become Earth’s Sorcerer Supreme! But what inspires blind Matt Murdock to become Daredevil, the Man Without Fear? Finally, young Daniel Rand is orphaned in the mystical city of K’un-Lun, where he’s raised to become its champion: the Immortal Iron Fist! Collecting UNCANNY ORIGINS #8-14.
    168 PGS./Ages 10 & Up …$12.99

Excellent issue this week! Loved Fornes on art! I really hope he returns soon.