Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Default Matt Murdock: Daredevil Appreciation 2019

Happy New Year everyone with a brand new thread for Matt Murdock.

Daredevil returns this week, sort of, with a miniseries called The Man Without Fear. Starting in February, Daredevil will return in full with Daredevil Vol. 6 #1 by Chip Zdarsky and Marco Cecchetto.

Daredevil_Vol_6_1_promo_001.jpg
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Thanks for making this! Happy New Year fellow horn heads. Haven't had the opportunity to read Man Without Fear #1 yet, but will make a point to do so tomorrow.

BANNED

Man Without Fear #1 was disappointing, to say the least. Will likely sit out the rest of this mini.

That said, my excitement for the impending relaunch is very much intact.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first Daredevil I saw was when he guest star in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. They included his origin and I'm interested because he's cool.

The next one was the Ben Affleck movie, which I'm kinda... eh? I don't know the character, so I can't judge the movie's accuracy, so all I feel was it's just mediocre, like it could've been more. It definitely could've been more.

Daredevil_poster.JPG

I like his noise-canceling coffin bath bed though.

The director's cut wasn't that bad. It still had that stupid playground fight scene, but the story makes sense. And I like how Matt leaves Elektra when he hears the victim screaming. The way he reacted to this in the theatrical cut was so unlike what Daredevil would do.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    The director's cut wasn't that bad. It still had that stupid playground fight scene, but the story makes sense. And I like how Matt leaves Elektra when he hears the victim screaming. The way he reacted to this in the theatrical cut was so unlike what Daredevil would do.
    Oh yeah, I remember that was a big thing that people dislike.

I like the stupid playground fight though. Looking at it now I get it why it's corny, but back then I thought it was pretty fun.

I'm more surprised by how stalky Matt looks asking for Elektra's name. It wasn't something I realized the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Man Without Fear #1 was disappointing, to say the least. Will likely sit out the rest of this mini.

Sounds like I made the right choice of not picking this up.

In other news issue five of Marvel Knights was out yesterday and while the series continues to intrigue me, it was another Black Panther focused issue. Though Fisk had a terrific moment in it as well.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

In other news issue five of Marvel Knights was out yesterday and while the series continues to intrigue me, it was another Black Panther focused issue. Though Fisk had a terrific moment in it as well.
    I'm enjoying Marvel Knights. Every issue has been intriguing and fun. Given the nature of its mystery plot, how it sticks the landing is going to determine how I feel about the story overall but with one issue left, I can say "so far, so good."

The Fisk/Doom moment in #5 was cool as hell.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Without Beer View Post
    Happy new year to all! Hopefully we’ll get some crazy good stories this year with our favorite Hornhead!

How was Man Without Fear #1? Haven’t picked it up yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Personally Could Just Be Me but I kinda liked the Man without Fear #1- but that could just be because we basically get to see Daredevil in his Netflix Black suit and I really miss that show
    It was just okay for me. Just another day or night for Matt battling his demons.... Kind of been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

I'm enjoying Marvel Knights. Every issue has been intriguing and fun. Given the nature of its mystery plot, how it sticks the landing is going to determine how I feel about the story overall but with one issue left, I can say "so far, so good."

The Fisk/Doom moment in #5 was cool as hell.
    Marvel Knights 20th has been quite intriguing. It will be interesting how it all plays out. For those not in the know, Donny Cates only wrote the first issue, issues 2-5 were scripted by other writers (Matthew Rosenburg - 2&5, Tini Howard - 3, Vita Ayala - 4) who each developed the story with Cates for each issue. I get it, they want to sell a lot of issues, so they advertise it as Donny Cates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Happy New Year everyone with a brand new thread for Matt Murdock.

Daredevil returns this week, sort of, with a miniseries called The Man Without Fear. Starting in February, Daredevil will return in full with Daredevil Vol. 6 #1 by Chip Zdarsky and Marco Cecchetto.

Daredevil_Vol_6_1_promo_001.jpg
    Holy heck! How did I not know this? I heckin' love Cecchetto. I'm a lot more excited for the relaunch now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm very excited for Daredevil Vol. 6 #1 by Chip Zdarsky and Marco Cecchetto, in February.