Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1110
    Extraordinary Member

So after what just happened...how long til Fisk completely implodes?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Very good issue. It felt like a middle issue to me, so not quite as exciting, but still great.
    Yeah I kinda agree. The issue was good, but it felt like it just wanted to lead into spoilers:
    Matt and Cole having coffee
    end of spoilers, which I'm sure will be very interesting.
    But, regarding this issue, it was interesting to see Fisk in this position and behaving like he did. I also wonder if we'll see more of spoilers:
    Elektra/Matt training or if that was it?
    end of spoilers

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

manwithoutfear.com has a really great interview with Chip Zdarsky.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    manwithoutfear.com has a really great interview with Chip Zdarsky.
    Indeed! I read it the other day. Great content

Mighty Member

I can't believe how good the writing is in this book, Wesley is one evil bada$$. Can't wait for the next issue.

BANNED

Incredible Hulk #300 Oct 1984
    "Days of Rage!"
    The now savage Hulk stands on the roof of Smythe's Warehouse and begins tearing down a billboard.

He hurls it down to the street below, and the panicking crowd cannot understand why the Hulk has suddenly become so feral.
    Daredevil observes the carnage and detects an abandoned child sitting in the midst of the fleeing pedestrians.

He swings down and scoops the child to safety before the hordes of people accidentally trample him.

Gabe Jones leads an attack squadron of S.H.I.E.L.D. hoverfliers to engage the Hulk.
    They launch napalm missiles at him, and the roof of the warehouse erupts into flames.
    Kate Waynesboro stands nearby watching the attack.
    She realizes now that the man she loved is hopelessly lost and that the Hulk is truly nothing more now than a monster.

The Hulk picks up a water tower from the roof of the building and hurls it at the S.H.I.E.L.D. hoverfliers.
    The ships are destroyed, and several S.H.I.E.L.D. agents fall seemingly to their doom.
    Fortunately, Spider-Man arrives and catches them in a net of webbing.
    He then creates a web canopy to protect the agents from the deluge of now blistering hot water that descends down from the destroyed tower.
    The combination of steaming water and flames causes the roof of the warehouse to collapse and the Hulk falls down inside.

From nearby Greenwich Village, Doctor Strange sits on the stoop of his mansion and observes events from afar.
    He knows that there is no chance of saving Banner, but he needs to find a way to stop the Hulk without destroying him.
    He goes into his sanctum to consult with the Orb of Agamotto.

The Hulk meanwhile, emerges from the burning warehouse and stalks out into the street
    where he is met by a battalion of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and New York City police officers.
    The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents fire upon the Hulk with their advanced handguns, but this proves fruitless.
    The Hulk tears up a section of the street pavement, which sends agents and police officers alike scattering across the ground.

At City Hall, Mayor Ed Koch consults with New York governor Mario Cuomo regarding the Hulk's rampage.
    The governor recommends calling in the National Guard, but the mayor instead sends a signal to Avengers Mansion.

Other heroes arrive on the scene to take their chance at bringing down the Hulk.
    The Human Torch unleashes a blast of flame, but the Hulk extinguishes him with a super-clap of his hands.
    Iron Fist charges up his fist and punches at the Hulk,
    but the Hulk catches the blow and re-channels the energy back into Iron Fist's body.
    Power Man charges at him from behind and the Hulk responds by punching him through four skyscrapers.

Eventually, the Avengers arrive and attack the Hulk as well.
    Starfox attempts to use his pheremone power to calm him,
    but the Hulk is beyond calming at this point and sends Starfox flying.
    The Scarlet Witch uses her hex power to electrocute the Hulk, but this doesn't even slow him down.
    The Vision tells Captain Marvel to assume the form of Gamma radiation and attack the Hulk. This too proves futile.
    The Vision engages the Hulk directly and tries to stop him by altering his density.
    The Hulk pounds the Vision across the top of his head, driving him several feet into the ground.
    Thor takes his turn and the two combatants rage across Manhattan trading blow for blow with one another.
    Thor is one of the few beings alive who can actually withstand a punch from the Incredible Hulk.
    Their fight carries over into Central Park, and the Hulk attacks Thor with his own commemorative Adamantium statue.
    Thor deflects the projectile with Mjolnir, and the impact sends shockwaves across the city.

Finally, Doctor Strange arrives. After consulting with the Orb of Agamotto,
    he realizes that there is only one solution towards stopping the Hulk – exile.
    Having analyzed several different dimensional realms, he decides that the only place
    where the Hulk can no longer threaten a living being is in a Crossroads realm.
    Strange opens a mystic portal and places it before the Hulk, just as the green behemoth begins charging at him.
    As the Hulk enters the rift, the portal quickly closes.

Story by Bill Mantlo. Art by Sal Buscema and Gerry Talaoc.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Incredible Hulk #300 Oct 1984
    "Days of Rage!"
    The now savage Hulk stands on the roof of Smythe's Warehouse and begins tearing down a billboard.

He hurls it down to the street below, and the panicking crowd cannot understand why the Hulk has suddenly become so feral.
    Daredevil observes the carnage and detects an abandoned child sitting in the midst of the fleeing pedestrians.

He swings down and scoops the child to safety before the hordes of people accidentally trample him.

Gabe Jones leads an attack squadron of S.H.I.E.L.D. hoverfliers to engage the Hulk.
    They launch napalm missiles at him, and the roof of the warehouse erupts into flames.
    Kate Waynesboro stands nearby watching the attack.
    She realizes now that the man she loved is hopelessly lost and that the Hulk is truly nothing more now than a monster.

The Hulk picks up a water tower from the roof of the building and hurls it at the S.H.I.E.L.D. hoverfliers.
    The ships are destroyed, and several S.H.I.E.L.D. agents fall seemingly to their doom.
    Fortunately, Spider-Man arrives and catches them in a net of webbing.
    He then creates a web canopy to protect the agents from the deluge of now blistering hot water that descends down from the destroyed tower.
    The combination of steaming water and flames causes the roof of the warehouse to collapse and the Hulk falls down inside.

From nearby Greenwich Village, Doctor Strange sits on the stoop of his mansion and observes events from afar.
    He knows that there is no chance of saving Banner, but he needs to find a way to stop the Hulk without destroying him.
    He goes into his sanctum to consult with the Orb of Agamotto.

The Hulk meanwhile, emerges from the burning warehouse and stalks out into the street
    where he is met by a battalion of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and New York City police officers.
    The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents fire upon the Hulk with their advanced handguns, but this proves fruitless.
    The Hulk tears up a section of the street pavement, which sends agents and police officers alike scattering across the ground.

At City Hall, Mayor Ed Koch consults with New York governor Mario Cuomo regarding the Hulk's rampage.
    The governor recommends calling in the National Guard, but the mayor instead sends a signal to Avengers Mansion.

Other heroes arrive on the scene to take their chance at bringing down the Hulk.
    The Human Torch unleashes a blast of flame, but the Hulk extinguishes him with a super-clap of his hands.
    Iron Fist charges up his fist and punches at the Hulk,
    but the Hulk catches the blow and re-channels the energy back into Iron Fist's body.
    Power Man charges at him from behind and the Hulk responds by punching him through four skyscrapers.

Eventually, the Avengers arrive and attack the Hulk as well.
    Starfox attempts to use his pheremone power to calm him,
    but the Hulk is beyond calming at this point and sends Starfox flying.
    The Scarlet Witch uses her hex power to electrocute the Hulk, but this doesn't even slow him down.
    The Vision tells Captain Marvel to assume the form of Gamma radiation and attack the Hulk. This too proves futile.
    The Vision engages the Hulk directly and tries to stop him by altering his density.
    The Hulk pounds the Vision across the top of his head, driving him several feet into the ground.
    Thor takes his turn and the two combatants rage across Manhattan trading blow for blow with one another.
    Thor is one of the few beings alive who can actually withstand a punch from the Incredible Hulk.
    Their fight carries over into Central Park, and the Hulk attacks Thor with his own commemorative Adamantium statue.
    Thor deflects the projectile with Mjolnir, and the impact sends shockwaves across the city.

Finally, Doctor Strange arrives. After consulting with the Orb of Agamotto,
    he realizes that there is only one solution towards stopping the Hulk – exile.
    Having analyzed several different dimensional realms, he decides that the only place
    where the Hulk can no longer threaten a living being is in a Crossroads realm.
    Strange opens a mystic portal and places it before the Hulk, just as the green behemoth begins charging at him.
    As the Hulk enters the rift, the portal quickly closes.

Story by Bill Mantlo. Art by Sal Buscema and Gerry Talaoc.
    Awesome! One of my favorite moments from Daredevil's comic book history. Thanks for the memories, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say are the best issues from the Daredevil run of 1964-1998 (#1-380)?

My choices:

12. Daredevil #220 (July, 1985) - "Fog"

11. Daredevil #7 (April, 1965) - "In Mortal Combat With...Sub-Mariner!"

10. Daredevil #52 (May, 1969) - "Night of the Panther"

9. Daredevil #151 (March, 1978) - "Crisis!"

8. Daredevil #164 (May, 1980) - "Exposé"

7. Daredevil #300 (January, 1992) - "Live the King"

6. Daredevil #160 (September, 1979) - "In the Hands of Bullseye"

5. Daredevil #1 (April, 1964) - "The Origin of Daredevil"

4. Daredevil #233 (August, 1986) - "Armageddon"

3. Daredevil #172 (July, 1981) - "Gangwar!"

2. Daredevil #190 (January, 1983) - "Resurrection"

1. Daredevil #181 (April, 1982) - "Last Hand"
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 11-10-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say are the best issues from the Daredevil run of 1964-1998 (#1-380)?

My choices:

12. Daredevil #220 (July, 1985) - "Fog"

11. Daredevil #7 (April, 1965) - "In Mortal Combat With...Sub-Mariner!"

10. Daredevil #52 (May, 1969) - "Night of the Panther"

9. Daredevil #151 (March, 1978) - "Crisis!"

8. Daredevil #164 (May, 1980) - "Exposé"

7. Daredevil #300 (January, 1992) - "Live the King"

6. Daredevil #160 (September, 1979) - "In the Hands of Bullseye"

5. Daredevil #1 (April, 1964) - "The Origin of Daredevil"

4. Daredevil #233 (August, 1986) - "Armageddon"

3. Daredevil #172 (July, 1981) - "Gangwar!"

2. Daredevil #190 (January, 1983) - "Resurrection"

1. Daredevil #181 (April, 1982) - "Last Hand"
    Great list, Electricmastro.

Here's my list (chronologically listed, of course):

1. "In Mortal Combat with... Sub-Mariner!" - Daredevil #7 (April, 1965)

2. "Brother, Take My Hand!" - Daredevil #47 (December, 1968) IIRC, a personal favorite of Stan Lee

3. "Last Hand" - Daredevil #181 (April, 1982)

4. "Resurrection" - Daredevil #190 (January, 1983)

5. "Roulette" - Daredevil #191 (February, 1983)

6. "Apocalypse" - Daredevil #227 (February, 1986)

7. "Purgatory" - Daredevil #228 (March, 1986)

8. "Pariah" - Daredevil #229 (April, 1986)

9. "Born Again" - Daredevil #230 (May, 1986)

10. "Saved" - Daredevil #231 (June, 1986)

11. "God and Country" - Daredevil #232 (July, 1986)

12. "Armageddon" - Daredevil #233 (August, 1986)

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Great list, Electricmastro.

Here's my list (chronologically listed, of course):

1. "In Mortal Combat with... Sub-Mariner!" - Daredevil #7 (April, 1965)

2. "Brother, Take My Hand!" - Daredevil #47 (December, 1968) IIRC, a personal favorite of Stan Lee

3. "Last Hand" - Daredevil #181 (April, 1982)

4. "Resurrection" - Daredevil #190 (January, 1983)

5. "Roulette" - Daredevil #191 (February, 1983)

6. "Apocalypse" - Daredevil #227 (February, 1986)

7. "Purgatory" - Daredevil #228 (March, 1986)

8. "Pariah" - Daredevil #229 (April, 1986)

9. "Born Again" - Daredevil #230 (May, 1986)

10. "Saved" - Daredevil #231 (June, 1986)

11. "God and Country" - Daredevil #232 (July, 1986)

12. "Armageddon" - Daredevil #233 (August, 1986)
    Thanks, and I actually made my personal list one issue per year so that Frank Miller wouldn't dominate all of it. I'd say that Roger McKenzie's run is also particularly worth noting. A lot of the Daredevil issues tend to be inconsistent in quality, but he was quite consistent.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 11-10-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Thanks, and I actually made my personal list one issue per year so that Frank Miller wouldn't dominate all of it. I'd say that Roger McKenzie's run is also particularly worth noting. A lot of the Daredevil issues tend to be inconsistent in quality, but he was quite consistent.
    Agreed. Always thought McKenzie's run was good solid stuff before the Miller takeover.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-11-2019 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So I saw this amazing DD Stan Lee sketch cover by Cori Alsbrooks on Ebay and I just had to have it. I was the highest bidder until 8 seconds left and someone sniped me to yank it out of my hands. *sigh*. I wanted this so bad. Just haven't seen anything like it before, with Stan dressed as DD and yelling "Excelsior!". I've been sniped before, but this one hurt.

DD Lee1.jpg

DD Lee2.jpg
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Today's issue was killer. This run continues to impress.
    I feel like I'm looking forward to new issues of Daredevil more than anything else on my weekly pull, the writing and art is incredible every issue

Cover to Daredevil 16