Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, Fornes was very good. Reminded me a lot of David Aja on Hawkeye.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, Fornes was very good. Reminded me a lot of David Aja on Hawkeye.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

I really like Fornes art; a mix of David Aja and Michael Lark. But for the moment, even if i love Zdarsky, it continue to lack a real direction and pacing ,and i continue to be a best off of almost all the .stories of Daredevil of the last 20 years. But it's still way better than Charles Soules.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Typhoid Mary by Mirka Andolfo

In #08 is the kid buying an Anne Rice book off of the book seller at the start?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL by BRIAN LEVEL:

DAREDEVIL by SAMMY EDWARD TIGHE:

Some unused sketches for the cover of Daredevil #13 by J. Totino Tedesco:

DAREDEVIL #9 2nd Printing Variant by LALIT KUMAR SHARMA:

DAREDEVIL #11 "Immortal" Variant Cover by KHOI PHAM:

wow thats a really awesome cover

Daredevil by Tom Reilly

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Really enjoyed this last issue. It may be my favorite thus far in Zdarsky's run.

First, I have really enjoyed how Zdarky has handled Matt's faith. I thought the conversation with Reed Richards was great as well as the conversation with the nun. I really feel that Matt is looking for purpose and struggling with what he should be doing to help others. The scene where he falls into the rain and hears the voices of everyone I felt was really powerful. It kind of reminded me a bit of the conversation Matt and Foggy had in Season 1 of the Netflix series, in that Matt can't help but hearing all the people calling out for help.

Second, when Matt jumped back into action I noticed that he seemed to be not fighting as aggressively, focusing on going for pain points instead of trying to pummel them into oblivion. It almost feels like Matt is almost becoming "reborn" as Daredevil by going back to a look similar to his Miller-esque origin and starting from the beginning.

Lastly, this issue really highlighted both Matt's virtues and his flaws which is what the best Daredevil arcs do. As the nun said to him, he is a smart and kind man that is driven by the need to want to help others and make Hell's Kitchen safe. However, particularly when his at a low point, makes bad decisions when he comes to his relationships with women. This issue highlighted both of these really well, he both a sinner and saint. The one thing I do hope though is that nothing tragic happens to Mindy. While I was so happy to see Kristen's relationship end with Matt in way that didn't leave her either dead or in a horrible place I still would like to avoid continuing the trend of horrible things happening to the women that get involved with Matt.
    I also am warming to and appreciating the faith elements. It's obvious that Zdarsky has some experience in this matter and although not an expert is very adapt at bringing across a balanced view. It's great that Reed didn't just dis the existence of God but was able to have a thoughtful and meaningful conversation with Matt about the issue. (Btw, I know of scientists who not only believe in God but are also creationists). Some writers can be totally one-sided whereas Zdarsky is bringing that something more to the table.

Great observation regarding the pain points. Definitely a different fighting approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I quite enjoyed this issue of DD as it got into deep theological waters. And Sharma's art is gorgeous...much more refined than issue 6.
    While we saw it coming from a mile away, I was a tad disappointed by the ending, though I'm sure it will add to the drama going forward.
    Sharma's art has grown on me. As I've mentioned before, I like his "people" art but not so much the action. Matt's facial features are very good IMO, not so good when it comes to the Kingpin.

I was very disappointed by the ending. Matt may be "kind" to many but he's not doing any favours to Mindy's marriage and child. He's a grown man. He's hurt others before by his thoughtlessness and meeting his own emotional agenda and he knows the hurtful consequences these actions bring. I felt this went a bit too far and I didn't like 8ot. It made me cringe but I suppose Zdarsky has something prepared for the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Daredevil by Tom Reilly

I like this a lot. Very good.

Astonishing Member

It would be cool to see Matt work alongside The Black Cat once again...