Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This issue was so good. You could really feel the stakes this month, for both Matt and Wilson.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Zdarsky's juxtaposition between Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk is brilliant.
    Agree with this 110%, really excited to see where this leads too!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I'm still waiting for that big hardcover release of this, just for the Great art in it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I would be willing to buy a complete collection paperback if one doesn't already exist.
    I would love to see an OHC release of this alongside a couple of Omnibuses for the Charles Soule run.

Yes, very interesting. Both seem out of their depth and not in control...
    Fantastic art as per usual.

spoilers:
    I still have mixed feelings as to how Matt's fighting skills and senses are almost totally out of whack. Surely he can take out a few dirty cops even in the state he's in? A couple of knockout hits would do it, right? I get it. More "realistic" and Zdarsky wants Elektra to come in and be that amazing teacher for him and get him back into top shape, make him even "better". It needs to happen to make his long play work. It's great Foggy's in the action helping his buddy out. Also, it will be very weird if Elektra doesn't know who Daredevil is.
    end of spoilers

Whenever I read Fisk saying "Wesley", I can't help unhearing Vincent D'Onofrio's voice. It seems ingrained in my mind

DAREDEVIL NYCC2019 Commission by DAN PANOSIAN:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

spoilers:
    I still have mixed feelings as to how Matt's fighting skills and senses are almost totally out of whack. Surely he can take out a few dirty cops even in the state he's in? A couple of knockout hits would do it, right? I get it. More "realistic" and Zdarsky wants Elektra to come in and be that amazing teacher for him and get him back into top shape, make him even "better". It needs to happen to make his long play work. It's great Foggy's in the action helping his buddy out. Also, it will be very weird if Elektra doesn't know who Daredevil is.
    end of spoilers

Whenever I read Fisk saying "Wesley", I can't help unhearing Vincent D'Onofrio's voice. It seems ingrained in my mind
    This sounds like the plot to KnightsEnd….

DAREDEVIL sketchcover commission piece by MAT NASTOS:

DAREDEVIL & ELEKTRA by ALEX MALEEV:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I don't think he's incapable of doing exactly that, it's just that he's afraid of not being able to control himself, which makes him hesitant and ineffective. Daredevil is at his best when he's able to leap confidently into the unknown and figure it out as he goes along.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't think he's incapable of doing exactly that, it's just that he's afraid of not being able to control himself, which makes him hesitant and ineffective. Daredevil is at his best when he's able to leap confidently into the unknown and figure it out as he goes along.
    Exactly that.

Spectacular Member

anyone here have the Marvel Knights omnibus by Joe Quesada? Are the extra issues in there worth it or should I just stick to the the Guardian Devil trade?

Exactly what I came here to post! I love the way we're seeing Matt going this way and Fisk going the other way. I wonder if we're going to see an out of control Fisk and a very in control Matt down the line.

Also I really like what's being done with Elektra here. It feels fresh and stands out way more than pretty much every post-Miller use of Elektra.

Fantastic issue!!!!!! Wow!!!

Loved the panel with Matt waiting outside the door as “plan b”. You could hear the Netflix theme music playing in your head for that panel
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    anyone here have the Marvel Knights omnibus by Joe Quesada? Are the extra issues in there worth it or should I just stick to the the Guardian Devil trade?
    I'll be picking up my copy when I visit my brother in the UK in November. The Omnibus contains the following: Daredevil (1998) #1-15, Daredevil #1/2, Daredevil: Father #1-6, Marvel Authentix: Daredevil #1, material from Marvel Knights Double-Shot #1. I would say issues #9-15 are worth it as we're introduced to Echo and it's quite a good story. The Daredevil Father miniseries is badly written although the art is pretty good. Overall it's a very bad story. The Marvel Knights Double-Shot #1 is a short Punisher story IINM and wasn't really to my liking.

If you're a Daredevil fan, having issues #1-15 in an oversized quality hardcover is great but if you're not collecting all Daredevil and/or you're not bothered having everything in OHC, you can try picking up the TPB collecting issues #9-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Fantastic issue!!!!!! Wow!!!

Loved the panel with Matt waiting outside the door as “plan b”. You could hear the Netflix theme music playing in your head for that panel
    Yes, I immediately thought of Charlie Cox when I saw that panel