Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I finished reading Marvel Knights 20th #6 and I'm not quite sure what to think. If anything, it was quite interesting to read and good to see a team-up of sorts between DD, Elektra, Punisher and T'Challa.

spoilers:
    Almost a What If story but from my understanding it's in continuity. If anything it kind of cements that Karen is the "deepest" love of Matt's life, which I've always believed and felt.
    end of spoilers
    So am I right in understanding that no one on this thread has any thoughts or comments to the conclusion of Marvel Knights 20th?

DAREDEVIL Commission by CHRIS SAMNEE:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So am I right in understanding that no one on this thread has any thoughts or comments to the conclusion of Marvel Knights 20th?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4171090
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

You need to absolutely get down and read it. IMHO, it's one of the best DD runs. Probably makes it into my Top 3 favourite DD runs.
    Yes!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Thanks Mike but that was a link to our thoughts on the conclusion of the Man Without Fear mini-series, not the Marvel Knights 20th mini-series

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nice first issue!
    Love the little short by Chip in the back.

Interview with Jason Aaron regarding War of the Realms.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-war-of-re...n-interview/2/

One question pertained to Daredevil:

CBR: You mentioned Daredevil. Have you had much of a chance to write Matt Murdock before? What's it like writing him with Heimdall's super senses

Jason Aaron: No, I don't know that I've written him at all, and it's a lot of fun. I'm writing him in both the pages of War of the Realms, and there will also be a Daredevil focused story in the War of the Realms: War Scrolls anthology book.

I've been playing with all this stuff in Thor for six years now, so it's fun to see it explode in such a huge way all across the Marvel Universe. So it's not just Daredevil running across rooftops throwing his billy club. Like you said, it's changed the character on a fundamental level. We're dealing with a different sort of Daredevil.

Spectacular Member

Yo, Chip’s first issue of old hornhead is wonderful and the art is quite literally perfect for a daredevil book.

I’m not normally into Chip’s writing (I love his art and social media accounts and everything I read about him though!!), but this felt a bit different, and I liked it a lot!! And the art was great!! Really hoping this goes the way of Lemire’s The Sentry and Ewing’s Immortal Hulk. By that I mean doing it’s own thing to a high quality rather than falling in with the majority of Marvel’s bland output. Judging by the first issue it looks like it has a chance, and that makes me very happy!!

As a side note, was the Man Without Fear mini any good? I work in a shop and flicked through each issue as they came out and just didn’t think it looked any good...
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

It was a fine story, not great and not awful. Really enjoyed the first issue and I really enjoyed the last issue, but thought it kind of drug in the middle. I don't think it will be remembered though.

With that being said I did really enjoy the panel when Matt said, "I remember you Wilson" and knocked the crap out of him.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    Yo, Chip’s first issue of old hornhead is wonderful and the art is quite literally perfect for a daredevil book.
    This book is (for a single issue) everything I could hope for. I want this run to last forever.

These are my first impressions.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Completely agree that I hope this title can stand on its own 2 feet and deliver pure quality issue by issue the same way Immortal Hulk is doing. This issue didn’t disappoint. I hope Checchetto is on for every issue and this sticks as a real creative team.

dd 1.jpg

Checchetto's DD is great.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    Agreed! An altogether sensational start to the new era!

Wow! I’m so glad Zdarksy’s debut is receiving such a positive reception! Hopefully I’ll be to be to add to that soon!