Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Speaking of Daredevil appearing in other books, I am making my way through Lee & Kirby’s FF run. HIGHLY recommend issues 39 & 40! The FF lose their powers and Doctor Doom takes over the Baxter Building, DD almost single handily defeats him and saves the FF by giving them enough time to figure out a way to get their powers back.

Matt taking on Doom was awesome!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it's fair to say you should stop picking up other books just because Daredevil has some role. It feels like you've hating every one.
    I think it’s fair to say those other ones, whatever they were (I don’t recall them all), have been as awful as WotR. If they were good but just not for me I’d have said as much. But they haven’t been very good at all.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-06-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

You didn't like his appearance in Moon Girl. I believe you didn't like his role in Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost. I also seemed to recall you not liking the Daredevil Infinity Countdown story.

I can't recall your opinion on Marvel Knights 20th Anniversary.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

You didn't like his appearance in Moon Girl. I believe you didn't like his role in Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost. I also seemed to recall you not liking the Daredevil Infinity Countdown story.

I can't recall your opinion on Marvel Knights 20th Anniversary.
    It’s not his appearance in moon girl i didn’t like, it was moon girl herself who was revoltingly abhorrent to put it kindly. DD was done very well in Weapons Lost. It’s how the artist drew him that I didn’t like. It seems the artist was drawing someone else entirely and later was told that that’s supposed be Daredevil or those who are supposed catching such errors are heinously incompetent. And yea, the infinity countdown story was bad. The art there didn’t help either. So there have been stories I liked ( Weapons Lost), it’s just the majority of them are really bad or have extremely odious characters (moon girl). And I don’t know if WotR is supposed be for anyone outside kindergarten considering how the characters therein speak and act. The art is good, though! So it’s pretty at least.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-06-2019 at 05:06 PM.

My point isn't whether you'll like Daredevil's portrayal, it's whether you'll like the story itself. Weapon Lost seems to be the only one you liked and that was the one written by the current Daredevil writer.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

My point isn't whether you'll like Daredevil's portrayal, it's whether you'll like the story itself. Weapon Lost seems to be the only one you liked and that was the one written by the current Daredevil writer.
    Fancy that. Talent = quality. What a revelation!

Oh, as far MK20, I didn’t find it very interesting at all and did not continue. It may have been good, may not have been. I remember finding the ending to issue one unbearably absurd, though, which did not help what already seemed to be a lame and nonsense premise that (thankfully) had nothing to do with anything.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Speaking of Daredevil appearing in other books, I am making my way through Lee & Kirby’s FF run. HIGHLY recommend issues 39 & 40! The FF lose their powers and Doctor Doom takes over the Baxter Building, DD almost single handily defeats him and saves the FF by giving them enough time to figure out a way to get their powers back.

Yes, those were two pretty good issues. It's a shame they are not included in either the Daredevil MMW, Epic Collection or Silver Age Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Fancy that. Talent = quality. What a revelation!
    I'm not saying you should like these stories, I'm just saying that maybe you shouldn't pick up everything just because a certain character is in it if you're not going to enjoy the writer.

I'm not saying you should like these stories, I'm just saying that maybe you shouldn't pick up everything just because a certain character is in it if you're not going to enjoy the writer.
    Tough to say whether I'll like something or not until I try it. And not everyone's work is always their magnum opus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Thanks for the tip! It was a fun read and DD was portrayed just as he should be (since I'm sure Lee was still writing DD at the time right?)
    Still, I can't believe they stuffed a frelling rifle inside his billy club, along with a shield? Oh boy.

They also made a goof where Matt is calling Reed Mr Murdock in one panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Daredevil The Man Without Fear #5 Feb 1994
    "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear" Part 5 of 5
    As Matt Murdock arrives at the warehouse which covers a child slavery ring,

Matt must take down the Kingpin's forces by himself.
    Things become complicated when the police arrive,

but even that is just a bump on the road.
    Finding himself face to face with the Kingpin's right-hand man,

Matt Murdock's life is forever changed when he first calls himself Daredevil!

Script by Frank Miller, pencils by John Romita Jr., inks by Al Williamson.
    So damn good!!
    Yes, but on the down side this was the last time that Frank Miller wrote the character.

BANNED

The Kingpin by Jeff Dekal

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    That’s awesome.
    Yes it is IMO it would also have been a nice addition to the character's own appreciation thread https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-(2019)

BANNED

Bullseye by Max Raynor

Another one of DD's rogues who also has his own appreciation thread https://community.cbr.com/showthread...e+appreciation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL BY FRANK MILLER BOX SET SLIPCASE
    Written by FRANK MILLER, BILL MANTLO, ROGER MCKENZIE, DAVID MICHELINIE & MORE
    Penciled by FRANK MILLER, KLAUS JANSON, JOHN BUSCEMA, DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI, BILL SIENKIEWICZ & JOHN ROMITA JR.
    Cover by FRANK MILLER
    Visionary creator Frank Miller’s complete saga of Matt Murdock and his first love, the lethal assassin Elektra Natchios — in a single, exhilarating box set! In one of the greatest runs not just in Daredevil history, but in all of comics, Miller also introduced Stick and the Hand to the DD mythos, and established the Kingpin and his sadistic marksman Bullseye as Matt’s deadliest foes. Plus: the stunning graphic novel LOVE & WAR, Miller’s revolutionary revisit of the Man Without Fear’s origin, the startling continuation of Elektra’s story and more! Collecting DAREDEVIL: MARKED FOR DEATH TPB (NEW PRINTING), DAREDEVIL: GANGWAR TPB (NEW PRINTING), DAREDEVIL: LAST HAND TPB, DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN TPB (NEW PRINTING), ELEKTRA LIVES AGAIN TPB (NEW PRINTING), ELEKTRA: ASSASSIN TPB (NEW PRINTING), DAREDEVIL: THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR TPB (NEW PRINTING), DAREDEVIL BY FRANK MILLER COMPANION TPB and DAREDEVIL BY FRANK MILLER BOX SET SLIPCASE POSTER.
    1896 PGS./Explicit Content …$250.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91910-8
    Trim size: standard

DAREDEVIL: MARKED FOR DEATH TPB (NEW PRINTING, SLIPCASE EDITION)
    Collecting PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #27-28 and DAREDEVIL (1964) #158-161 and #163-167.
    216 PGS.

DAREDEVIL: GANGWAR TPB (NEW PRINTING, SLIPCASE EDITION)
    Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #168-180.
    296 PGS.

DAREDEVIL: LAST HAND TPB (SLIPCASE EDITION)
    Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #181-191.
    288 PGS.

DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN TPB (NEW PRINTING, SLIPCASE EDITION)
    Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #219 and #226-233.
    224 PGS.

ELEKTRA LIVES AGAIN TPB (NEW PRINTING, SLIPCASE EDITION)
    Collecting MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: DAREDEVIL — LOVE AND WAR, ELEKTRA LIVES AGAIN, plus material from BIZARRE ADVENTURES #28 and WHAT IF? (1977) #28 and #35.
    192 PGS.

ELEKTRA: ASSASSIN TPB (NEW PRINTING, SLIPCASE EDITION)
    Collecting ELEKTRA: ASSASSIN #1-8.
    264 PGS.

DAREDEVIL: THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR TPB (NEW PRINTING, SLIPCASE EDITION)
    Collecting DAREDEVIL: THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR #1-5.
    152 PGS.

DAREDEVIL BY FRANK MILLER COMPANION TPB (SLIPCASE EDITION)
    264 PGS.

DAREDEVIL BY FRANK MILLER BOX SET SLIPCASE POSTER (SLIPCASE EDITION)

Wish I could afford this.