Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Really enjoyed this last issue. It may be my favorite thus far in Zdarsky's run.

First, I have really enjoyed how Zdarky has handled Matt's faith. I thought the conversation with Reed Richards was great as well as the conversation with the nun. I really feel that Matt is looking for purpose and struggling with what he should be doing to help others. The scene where he falls into the rain and hears the voices of everyone I felt was really powerful. It kind of reminded me a bit of the conversation Matt and Foggy had in Season 1 of the Netflix series, in that Matt can't help but hearing all the people calling out for help.

Second, when Matt jumped back into action I noticed that he seemed to be not fighting as aggressively, focusing on going for pain points instead of trying to pummel them into oblivion. It almost feels like Matt is almost becoming "reborn" as Daredevil by going back to a look similar to his Miller-esque origin and starting from the beginning.

Lastly, this issue really highlighted both Matt's virtues and his flaws which is what the best Daredevil arcs do. As the nun said to him, he is a smart and kind man that is driven by the need to want to help others and make Hell's Kitchen safe. However, particularly when his at a low point, makes bad decisions when he comes to his relationships with women. This issue highlighted both of these really well, he both a sinner and saint. The one thing I do hope though is that nothing tragic happens to Mindy. While I was so happy to see Kristen's relationship end with Matt in way that didn't leave her either dead or in a horrible place I still would like to avoid continuing the trend of horrible things happening to the women that get involved with Matt.

BANNED

Daredevil #3 Aug 1964
    Origin and first appearance of the Owl in "The Owl, Ominous Overlord of Crime!"
    A wealthy and ruthless financier

is exposed as a criminal and begins his reign as the Owl;

The Owl hires Matt Murdock to get him out of his legal troubles;
    The Owl gathers a gang, traps DD and Karen

and begins his bid to rule the underworld.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Joe Orlando, inks by Vince Colletta

Both Zardasky Spec and Life Story were dissapointed for me. But i have been impressed with his DD run so far, it has a better opening arc than Soule, the change of artwork has been a dissapointment, but is tolerable (at least Chechetto would come back in the next arc). Hopefully i would just get better as thing go on.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I quite enjoyed this issue of DD as it got into deep theological waters. And Sharma's art is gorgeous...much more refined than issue 6.
    While we saw it coming from a mile away, I was a tad disappointed by the ending, though I'm sure it will add to the drama going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Daredevil Love & War is geting a reprint early next year. What's your thoughts on that one?

Looking online the consensus seems to be that it's garbage lol.
    IIRC, one critic expressed disbelief when a blind victim fought back against her attacker. Other than that, I thought the story was fine. Might even be essential reading for those interested in the fate of Vanessa Fisk, which is continued from Miller's run.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-10-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Daredevil Love & War is geting a reprint early next year. What's your thoughts on that one?

Looking online the consensus seems to be that it's garbage lol.
    I remember enjoying the story quite a bit. But it's hard for me to say no to Miller and Sienkiewicz. Certainly, garbage is too strong a word.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    IIRC, one critic expressed disbelief when a blind victim fought back against her attacker. Other than that, I thought the story was fine. Might even be essential reading for those interested in the fate of Vanessa Fisk, which is continued from Miller's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I remember enjoying the story quite a bit. But it's hard for me to say no to Miller and Sienkiewicz. Certainly, garbage is too strong a word.
    Hmm, I see. Where is this story placed, chronologically?

Love and War takes place after Daredevil #180 (from Frank Miller's run).

Incredible Member

Thanks!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The exact placement isn't terribly important - as long as it takes place before Born Again. The placement I saw that works mostly the best is right after #218. The only real reason to put it during Denny O'Neil's run (prior to #222) is that Foggy has a mustache.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I have to say...I'm not feeling the artwork. The heavy line work and dark just makes it look flat where Lalit and Marco has more depth and texture.
    I thought Lalit was doing a great job and would have liked to see him finish out this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I have to say...I'm not feeling the artwork. The heavy line work and dark just makes it look flat where Lalit and Marco has more depth and texture.
    I thought Lalit was doing a great job and would have liked to see him finish out this arc.
    I’d have liked for the previous artist to finish the arc too but Fornes is more than welcome all the same.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-20-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Incredible Member

So yeah, this issue was pretty intense if you ask me. Really good.
    Art-wise though this was the lowest so far. Chechetto is back next issue right?