Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It would be cool to see Matt work alongside The Black Cat once again...

Most definitely!

Is Matt moving out of town again? Phoenix? Houston? Dallas? Albuquerque?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

What makes you think that?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Daredevil and Elektra by Tom Reilly

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Cover to THE ART OF DECLAN SHALVEY book:

DAREDEVIL by TODOR HRISTOV:

DAREDEVIL by MICHAEL WALSH:

DAREDEVIL by SEBASTIAN PIRIZ:

DAREDEVIL by ALEX SHIBAO:

Daredevil and Black Widow by Tom Reilly

Daredevil #11 preview! Checchetto is back and draws an amazing Elektra!

https://twitter.com/manwithoutfear/s...816342018?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I really hadn't read much of Zdarsky before, but I am sure a fan now! This was such an awesome issue!

You really feel for Matt and the situation he is in. I also appreciate the slow-burn approach that Zdarsky has taken with Matt trying to give up being Daredevil and slowly being pulled back in. And not just as a vigalante, it also seems like Matt is being pulled back into being a lawyer as well.

The action in the police station was intense and really well done. While I did enjoy the art (and certainly enjoyed it more than in previous issues), I would say I prefer Checchetto more; however, only if consistently be the artist. If not, I think Fornes could be a good alternative.

I am also curious where Cole's character goes from here. Will he come to understand why people like Daredevil are necessary?

Lastly, with the reveal of Elektra at the end, Zdarsky has an opportunity to quickly vault himself into the upper echelon of Daredevil writers if he can help to evolve their relationship. Often I feel most writers don't know what to do with them. I have always felt that once Marvel made the decision to bring Elektra back her presence should have been more felt in Daredevil (especially after they killed off Karen). To me, Daredevil and Elektra should be the Batman/Catwoman of the Marvel universe with a bit of Talia al Ghul mixed in there as well. Often what I feel we get is writers aren't sure what they should do so they bring in Elektra and it doesn't add anything new to the mix. If Zdarsky, can do something new with their relationship that would be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, Fornes was very good. Reminded me a lot of David Aja on Hawkeye.
    Very good issue. I liked how Mindy and her husband "reunited". Her husband truly loves her and from their interaction she also remembers why she loves him. I hope she realises they need to work on their marriage and not give in to momentary pleasures that will cause grave consequences for the future. As I wrote before, it seems Zdarsky is writing from experience what with Matt commenting about being in the flood i.e drowning in the sin and letting the waters take him. It may take Mindy to tell him that tgey need to stop for him to get to shore. He needs a helping hand.

Great action scene at the station. Could be a few loopholes as one of the people in the cells saw him change and anyone studying the early footage will pick up Matt being the "attacker". Surely Cole will figure it out. I was waiting for the Murdock/Cole team-up and I wasn't disappointed.

I agree that Fornes art is extremely similar to Aja's Hawkeye work. I liked it but prefer Sharma's art when it comes to Matt's face.

I wouldn't want a Batman/Catwoman situation for Matt and Elektra. There was a pretty good issue in Waid's run where Elektra helped Matt get his thing together again. Looks like sh'es doing it again. Looking forward to it. I do prefer her new costume to the old one which is presented here.

DAREDEVIL Commission by PAUL AZACETA:

DAREDEVIL by DAVID S. INKS:

Daredevil appears a few times in Marvel Comics #1000, but most prominently in 1998. Really nice seeing Quesada doing DD again, and this time teaming with Kevin Nowlan.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-08-2019 at 02:15 AM.