Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

While it's the start of a new arc, it's basically a continuation of last issue, but it's wonderful. Things continue to move along at the proper pace and all the little human moments just have lots of drama. I'm really enjoying it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

In case anyone here might be interested, I wrote a 56-page scholarly article called "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice." It was published in May in the Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).

I am a librarian who is very interested in the lessons popular culture teaches the public about law, and I teach a class on Superheroes and the Law at the law school where I work. My article was a deep dive into Matt Murdock's portrayal as an attorney in comics written by Frank Miller, Brian Michael Bendis, David Hine, Mark Waid, and Charles Soule, culminating in Soule's "Supreme" story arc.

You can download it for free here:
    https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544
    Last edited by Big Bad Voodoo Lou; 09-14-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Issue 11 was an absolutely stunning issue in the all always a comic can possibly be. I am really enjoying this. And Checchetto came back in full force! Absolutely beautiful artwork!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This is, without a doubt, one of the absolute best books Marvel is publishing now. Story-wise, art-wise, characterisation-wise...it's been consistently perfect from issue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    In case anyone here might be interested, I wrote a 56-page scholarly article called "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice." It was published in May in the Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).

I am a librarian who is very interested in the lessons popular culture teaches the public about law, and I teach a class on Superheroes and the Law at the law school where I work. My article was a deep dive into Matt Murdock's portrayal as an attorney in comics written by Frank Miller, Brian Michael Bendis, David Hine, Mark Waid, and Charles Soule, culminating in Soule's "Supreme" story arc.

You can download it for free here:
    https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544
    Thanks for the link. I appreciate your contribution. Hopefully I'll have time to read it soon.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Would love to get the groups take on this article I recently came across, maybe it was purposefully written this way to get clicks but it really kind of rubbed me the wrong way:

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-matt-m...uperhero-ever/

In particular what bothered me was this idea that Matt "preys" on vulnerable women. Has Matt made smart decisions when it comes to the women in his life absolutely not and I've often pointed that out. His treatment of Heather Glenn is particularly bad. However, beyond that I would think of it as preying on vulnerable women. Even in the current run, I would say that Mindy is complicit in what's going on though Matt certainly isn't without sin. I see them both as broken people trying to escape the pain they both are feeling.

As I said, probably just an article to generate clicks; however, I was curious of others thoughts?
    Last edited by macjr33; 09-17-2019 at 11:37 AM.

I'll have to find time to look at the article later. But I agree with you that Matt does not really prey on vulnerable women. Based on your description, the article seems to be denying Mindy's agency, which is very clearly contrary to Zdarsky's intent. One of the main points is that Mindy is making her own decisions and Matt is incapable of realizing it. His own guilt keeps framing things in the context of what he's doing, but he never actually thinks about what she wants to do. He justifies his actions as saving her while she knows full well what she's getting into and doesn't view any higher goal from it.

His actions with Heather were bad - arguably among his lowest moments. But it's worth pointing out that they didn't get together at her lowest moment. Instead, they had been dating for some time (off and on) when his other issues caused him to act this way towards her.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #14
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    MARCO CHECCHETTO (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    2020 VARIANT COVER BY SKAN
    THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMEY IS MY FRIEND…
    • COLE NORTH goes for a drink with the one person he never expected to…
    • Meanwhile, WILSON FISK learns that in New York, some people are more powerful than even the mayor.
    • This, while Hell’s Kitchen and IZZY LIBRIS are targeted by the Owl, with no Man Without Fear to stand in his way!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL #15
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    MARCO CHECCHETTO (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    2020 VARIANT COVER BY RYAN BROWN
    • As Mayor Fisk suffers an existential crisis, his city descends into chaos.
    • Matt Murdock, on the other hand, has more conviction than ever – and stands poised to reprise his role as Hell’s Kitchen’s protector.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

INCOMING #1
    AL EWING. DAN SLOTT, CHIP ZDARSKY, KELLY THOMPSON, GREG PAK, EVE L. EWING, MATT ROSENBERG, ED BRISSON, SALADIN AHMED, TINI HOWARD, JONATHAN HICKMAN, GREG PAK, DONNY CATES & JASON AARON (W)
    HUMBERTO RAMOS, JIM CHEUNG AND MORE! (A)
    Cover by Patrick Gleason
    ONE WILL UNITE THEM!
    A mysterious murder brings together the heroes of the Marvel Universe in the search for a killer - but no one can imagine where the trail will lead, or how it will affect everything in 2020 and beyond! Who is the victim and who is the assailant?
    The closing chapter to MARVEL’s 80th year, which will connect the dots of everything that happened in 2019 and propel the narrative into the year that is to come! Featuring the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Spider-Man, the Champions, the Agents of Atlas, Valkyrie, the Immortal Hulk, Jessica Jones, Venom, Ghost Rider, the Masked Raider and more!
    96 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ …$9.99

GIANT-SIZE DEFENDERS #3 FACSIMILE EDITION
    Written by STEVE GERBER, JIM STARLIN, LEN WEIN, BILL EVERETT & STAN LEE
    Penciled by JIM STARLIN, BILL EVERETT & STEVE DITKO
    Cover by SAL BUSCEMA
    It’s Daredevil’s first adventure with the Defenders! No, not Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist — we’re talking the original Defenders: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Sub-Mariner, Valkyrie and Nighthawk, the greatest non-team in comics! And now, the Man Without Fear must join them in a cosmic game of chess played between the ever-manipulative Grandmaster and the playful Prime Mover! The rules are simple — Daredevil and the Defenders vs. a dangerous group of aliens…with the fate of the Earth at stake! And among these enemies is a major threat with a big future ahead of him — Korvac, from the year 2977! One of the biggest power players in the Marvel Universe makes his debut in this action-packed classic! It’s one of the all-time great Marvel comic books, boldly re-presented in its original form, ads and all! Reprinting GIANT-SIZE DEFENDERS #3.
    64 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

DAREDEVIL/ELEKTRA: LOVE AND WAR GALLERY EDITION HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER
    Penciled by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    ON SALE MARCH 2020
    Writer Frank Miller and artist Bill Sienkiewicz are two visionary creators — and when their talents combine, the results are spectacular! In the acclaimed Daredevil graphic novel LOVE AND WAR, Miller and Sienkiewicz take a unique look at the bitter rivalry between the Man Without Fear and the Kingpin of Crime — as all that Wilson Fisk holds dear is placed in grave danger! And in ELEKTRA: ASSASSIN, Miller’s deadly creation — the Hand’s greatest warrior, the former love of Matt Murdock — returns for a stunning tale of good and evil, life and death, triumph and tragedy! Featuring Sienkiewicz’s startling painted artwork on oversized pages, Daredevil and Elektra have never looked more incredible! Collecting MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: DAREDEVIL — LOVE AND WAR GN and ELEKTRA: ASSASSIN #1-8.
    376 PGS./Mature …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92332-7
    Trim size: 9-1/4 x 13

Incredible Member

I Really like that cover for 14.

Yeah, that cover for #14 is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm looking for more exploration of Mayor Fisk. I didn't need a double ship, but the cost for December won't be too bad.

Always happy for a double ship month!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-22-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Totino Todesco's covers have been so good for this run!