Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1110
    Incredible Member

Another solid issue!
    THere was a lot of dialogue in this issue, so it felt like it was a couple of pages longer than usual, which was nice.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Goddess! How I LOVE this book.
    One thing: Mindy is an idiot.
    For an owner of a bookstore and member of a crime family, you would think she'd have more sense when someone tells her major shyt is about to go down around her (especially after you've been shot at in your own home, recently) and she needs to keep her daughter safe...but no...."Feelings". Book sense really isn't Common sense.
    I can overlook the infidelity but gross stupidity is unpardonable.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Goddess! How I LOVE this book.
    One thing: Mindy is an idiot.
    For an owner of a bookstore and member of a crime family, you would think she'd have more sense when someone tells her major shyt is about to go down around her (especially after you've been shot at in your own home, recently) and she needs to keep her daughter safe...but no...."Feelings". Book sense really isn't Common sense.
    I can overlook the infidelity but gross stupidity is unpardonable.
    She's extremely focused on herself and just like Matt "escaped" into her arms, Matt is her escape and bit of fun to get away from her day-to-day worries. She is being selfish in particular not thinking about her child. I do think a lot of us can do the same when we're looking for a breakout from our lives not caring about how others around us are affected. I do agree that she is getting quite annoying and I'm waiting for her to open her eyes. Zdarsky most definitely has a long haul plan in place and just as Cole North is "coming around", Mindy in her own way will also.

A very good last issue.

A couple of discarded sketches for the covers of Daredevil #17 & #18 by J. Totino Tedesco:

Commission of black suited (John Romita Jr. style) DAREDEVIL by CHRIS SAMNEE:

DAREDEVIL by JUSTIN MASON:

Daredevil 15 preview!

https://t.co/sQC0rhqLko

BANNED

Avengers #190 Dec 1979
    ""Heart of Stone" Guest-starring Daredevil.
    A meteor makes an impossible turn in midair and crashes into the marshes of Brooklyn's Jamaica Bay.
    The rocky shape changes, hatches, and transforms into a stone behemoth and begins marching toward Manhattan.

In the Manhattan courthouse, the Avengers arrive for a Senate hearing into their activities.
    Their NSC liaison Henry Gyrich has declared the team to be a security threat and is demanding their dissolution.
    After fighting their way through a mob of reporters, they enter the hearing chambers and find Gyrich awaiting them,
    smugly confident that he will get his way. Matt Murdock acts as the team’s legal counsel.

In a Brooklyn subway station, the rocky behemoth smashes through the ticket booth
    and jumps down into the darkness of the subway tracks. It continues its unstoppable march to Manhattan.

At the senate hearing, opening statements are made.
    Murdock mentions several adventures from the team’s history to emphasize the team’s importance in defending the world.
    However, one of the committee members overseeing the hearing dismisses this defense, stating that those instances are
    in the past and the committee are inclined to agree with Gyrich’s claim that the team is an inherently dangerous enterprise.
    Gyrich calls his first witness: S.H.I.E.L.D. operative Lt. Dwight Stanford.

The stone monster crushes a S.W.A.T. blockade of the subways.
    Back at the hearing, Gyrich is giving testimony of his own experiences with
    Avengers' security when Iron Man gets word of an N.Y.P.D. request for assistance.
    He asks for the hearing to be rescheduled. Gyrich accuses the team of making up the attack as a PR stunt.
    Captain America is about to get into a verbal spat with Gyrich, but a bailiff draws
    everyone’s attention to a TV set showing news reports of the attack, confirming it’s for real.

Before the Avengers can take off, however, the Beast interrupts and suggests that perhaps Gyrich is right and the Avengers aren't needed.
    He hands Gyrich a table leg and suggests he take care of it. After silently watching the news footage
    of the stone behemoth plow through police forces, Gyrich gives in and the Avengers take off.

After the Avengers have gone, Matt Murdock slips out to change into his costumed persona Daredevil and joins up with the Avengers.

The Avengers and Daredevil confront the stone menace and appear to defeat it.
    A simultaneous blow from Iron Man and Vision shatters the creature.
    Iron Man leans in to investigate the rubble when Daredevil warns him there's a heartbeat
    under the rubble. Suddenly, Iron-Man and Daredevil are transformed into stone statues!

Out from the rubble emerges the Grey Gargoyle!

Cameo appearance by the Grey Gargoyle.
    Avengers Lineup: Beast, Captain America, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonder Man and the Wasp.
    NOTE: The Grey Gargoyle previously appeared in Thor 259.

Script by Steven Grant. Pencils by John Byrne. Inks by Dan Green.

Incredible Member

Wow. This was one interesting issue.
    A couple of thoughts:

spoilers:
    I wonder if this new DD is a transitional phase or it this is the new him. If so, there are a few things to mention. First off he now has a singular short staff instead of the eskrima sticks (can it be split into 2 pieces? What about his grappling hook?). He also seems to be packing gadgets (when he threw those flash grenades I was like "Wait up, what the heck just happened?"), I wonder who is gonna supply him with this stuff and will he go into Batman-territory with a gadget for every occasion? Maybe there is history of him using gadgets before?
    Actually, looking through the issue again, he still has his short sticks on his thigh as well.

When it comes to Fisk, I'm not sure what the outcome will be but it will be interesting to see how he gets on top of the situation.
    end of spoilers

That was another great issue. I love how Zdarsky has been working with Matt and Fisk.

Daredevil and Runaways have been my favorite Marvel comics this year!

BANNED

All I have to say about today's issue is WOW.

Right from the start, this has been one of the top books on the stands and it only keeps getting better.